Wilderness Keys for Ironmen

wildyonlyim

Wilderness keys are currently worthless for ironmen, they simply give a couple of slayer points. In addition to this, holding keys in your bank is limited dependent upon how much you have donated to the server. I would suggest a modest drop table for ironmen using wilderness keys and potentially even buffing the drop table for normal accounts. The keys giving a chance at resources such as noted coal would likely make it beneficial for ironmen to get and use the wilderness keys. This could assist in revitalizing the wilderness on this server as it is quite dead at the current point in time. It seems reasonable that the keys should not give anything crazy that would change the meta for ironmen, but there is plenty of room for improving the drop table to be more than a few slayer points without switching up the gamemode much at all. I will be posting more thoughts about the wilderness and ironmen as if you check my username, I have a decent amount of experience with it. Please let me know your thoughts on this idea.

im an ironman and i dont support any game changes that make the meta custom

i think the game should be as close as possible to simulating osrs with higher xp rates

i havent much playtime yet, but if this turns out to be a custom server with all unique custom content then i wont be staying to play ironman lol

edit: sounds to me like y'all ironman need noted coal so u just want something to drop it in mass amounts ...

Edited by stinkybolter

15 minutes ago, stinkybolter said:

im an ironman and i dont support any game changes that make the meta custom

i think the game should be as close as possible to simulating osrs with higher xp rates

i havent much playtime yet, but if this turns out to be a custom server with all unique custom content then i wont be staying to play ironman lol

edit: sounds to me like y'all ironman need noted coal so u just want something to drop it in mass amounts ...

Having certain 'custom' features on a game, would make it appealing to play a rsps over the original game.
If we'd copy osrs 1:1, there woudn't be a single reason why players would choose us over the original game.

You could always choose not to pursue wildy keys, if you think that it would beat the purpose of being an Ironman.
Introducing a wildy key buff doesn't necessarily have to mean that we're adding pvp weapons to the loot table. It could contain caskets with gp, basic loot, clue scrolls or a pet.

The options with the wildy keys for ironman are endless. Im sure that if we do end up changing them for ironman, it become 'meta' or 'overpowered' in any way.

2 hours ago, St Melchior said:

Having certain 'custom' features on a game, would make it appealing to play a rsps over the original game.
If we'd copy osrs 1:1, there woudn't be a single reason why players would choose us over the original game.

You could always choose not to pursue wildy keys, if you think that it would beat the purpose of being an Ironman.
Introducing a wildy key buff doesn't necessarily have to mean that we're adding pvp weapons to the loot table. It could contain caskets with gp, basic loot, clue scrolls or a pet.

The options with the wildy keys for ironman are endless. Im sure that if we do end up changing them for ironman, it become 'meta' or 'overpowered' in any way.

I think this is a pretty good point. So long as it doesn't effect the highscores (for those who care about them) it should be fine. The benefit of ironman mode is that if you don't like something being in game, you don't have to use it. I can't foresee staff/devs making the keys so overpowered they would be the best method for anything. Take for example the chance at noted coal from the laren's keys - obviously Vorkath is much more efficient to gather bulk coal, but it does allow players to switch it up and have more fun in the wildy if they so choose.