Donator ranks?

Classic

• Developer
10 minutes ago, Suroks said:

What @Setup said, however as this is going to be a OSRS server I believe they aren't going to be the typical make or break benefits. Have faith in the developers ? 

It's not up to the developers ?

Donator ranks in game are ugly. I hope we can turn them off as I don't wanna see people flex with there gold dollar sign like they are better then you. ? I have donator in Ikov and hate the icons in game. Haha guess some people like this though. 

28 minutes ago, Ollie V1 said:

Donator ranks in game are ugly. I hope we can turn them off as I don't wanna see people flex with there gold dollar sign like they are better then you. ? I have donator in Ikov and hate the icons in game. Haha guess some people like this though. 

Idk, the icon really give something special I like it instead of a plain name.

arcy.png.6d405a9ecd764c857e3b3eaa57d61ff7.png

Interested in a signature ? PM ME

1 hour ago, Arcy said:

Idk, the icon really give something special I like it instead of a plain name.

Icons and ranks seem to get people going in a weird way. I prefer if they didn't exist and was just your name but if you are able to turn them off in game that would be good too. 

I just see it that a icon next to your name makes you feel more important then someone else who doesn't have.

36 minutes ago, Ollie V1 said:

Icons and ranks seem to get people going in a weird way. I prefer if they didn't exist and was just your name but if you are able to turn them off in game that would be good too. 

I just see it that a icon next to your name makes you feel more important then someone else who doesn't have.

The donator rank isn't about who's more important or better than someone else but depending on your rank it might be more unique & offers you the opportunity to stand out from the rest of the players.

Of course you also get some nice donator rank benefits & other kind of stuff.

However if donator ranks bother certain people I don't see why they couldn't add an option to turn the icons off for those that wish to do so but the players that wish to see their own & other donator ranks should obviously also have the right to choose that.

Edited by Classic

071.jpg.bb1cadb36aceaad44e6845b1d2282019.jpg

23 minutes ago, Classic said:

The donator rank isn't about who's more important or better than someone else but depending on your rank it might be more unique & offers you the opportunity to stand out from the rest of the players.

Of course you also get some nice donator rank benefits & other kind of stuff.

However if donator ranks bother certain people I don't see why they couldn't add an option to turn the icons off for those that wish to do so but the players that wish to see their own & other donator ranks should obviously also have the right to choose that.

Exactly, I just feel like people should have the option to turn on and off that is all. I like to have clean look on my chat box and not know if someone is a donator or not. 

1 minute ago, Ollie V1 said:

Exactly, I just feel like people should have the option to turn on and off that is all. I like to have clean look on my chat box and not know if someone is a donator or not. 

Yeah, I agree on this 100% because we're all different but being able to turn icons on or off will not give anyone a less or more of an advantage or have any impact on anyone's gaming experience on Zaros so for that reason they most definitely should consider offering the option to keep everyone happy even if it really isn't a big deal but something that might be appreciated by certain people.

071.jpg.bb1cadb36aceaad44e6845b1d2282019.jpg

4 hours ago, Ollie V1 said:

To be really honest, no I don't actually support being able to toggle donator status on and off. The point of someone having the status is to represent that they contributed in some way to the server. I don't understand why people are quick to strip them of a little cosmetic flair by suggesting you should just be able to toggle it off. You may not like to see it for whatever reasons you have, but the point is that it's a status of recognition by the server team for supporting their server and I highly doubt that they are going to be so happy to turn it off because you want it to look more like OSRS. Look at it more like a status of recognition/achievement and then understand why it seems a little counter-intuitive for the team that designed this system to turn around and offer an easy way for people to ignore it and take away even a small amount of incentive for someone to seek that status in the first place. 

Imagine if you could just toggle off custom cosmetics or things like that with the press of a button. That really devalues the item because let's face it, people go for status things in Runescape and RSPS' in general to show some sort of uniqueness in their account. 

If you want something to look exactly like OSRS and feel exactly like OSRS, then you're always going to be told to play OSRS. 

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

1 minute ago, Cox said:

To be really honest, no I don't actually support being able to toggle donator status on and off. The point of someone having the status is to represent that they contributed in some way to the server. I don't understand why people are quick to strip them of a little cosmetic flair by suggesting you should just be able to toggle it off. You may not like to see it for whatever reasons you have, but the point is that it's a status of recognition by the server team for supporting their server and I highly doubt that they are going to be so happy to turn it off because you want it to look more like OSRS. Look at it more like a status of recognition/achievement and then understand why it seems a little counter-intuitive for the team that designed this system to turn around and offer an easy way for people to ignore it and take away even a small amount of incentive for someone to seek that status in the first place. 

Imagine if you could just toggle off custom cosmetics or things like that with the press of a button. That really devalues the item because let's face it, people go for status things in Runescape and RSPS' in general to show some sort of uniqueness in their account. 

If you want something to look exactly like OSRS and feel exactly like OSRS, then you're always going to be told to play OSRS. 

You are realy odd on commenting on posts, you don't make a whole lot of sense. 

But is being a donator unique if everyone has it? Because lets be honest most people donate to get items and perks to help there accounts. I see no harm in a toggle system on custom donator icons....lets be truthful here. People play RSPS because they don't have the time to play OSRS due to it's XP rates etc. RSPS offer a replica of OSRS (this server promises that for example) so I feel that people should have the option to make it as much like OSRS as they wish.

Just now, Ollie V1 said:

You are realy odd on commenting on posts, you don't make a whole lot of sense. 

But is being a donator unique if everyone has it? Because lets be honest most people donate to get items and perks to help there accounts. I see no harm in a toggle system on custom donator icons....lets be truthful here. People play RSPS because they don't have the time to play OSRS due to it's XP rates etc. RSPS offer a replica of OSRS (this server promises that for example) so I feel that people should have the option to make it as much like OSRS as they wish.

Weird way to attack me personally instead of going right to the point, but that's alright. Get over it Ollie, you're not going to get your way here because let's face it, you don't sound like someone who will be eager to financially support the server or even support it on a fundamental, positive-vibe level. There are a variety of reasons for why someone would donate to an RSPS, and I happen to know that some do it just for that bright yellow lettering and the symbol next to their name. Whether this agrees with you or not is irrelevant unless you plan on funneling money into the pockets of the developers. 

If you don't want to have a donor symbol anywhere on your client for whatever reason that is, don't donate and hide your yell and public chat. 

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

1 minute ago, Cox said:

Weird way to attack me personally instead of going right to the point, but that's alright. Get over it Ollie, you're not going to get your way here because let's face it, you don't sound like someone who will be eager to financially support the server or even support it on a fundamental, positive-vibe level. There are a variety of reasons for why someone would donate to an RSPS, and I happen to know that some do it just for that bright yellow lettering and the symbol next to their name. Whether this agrees with you or not is irrelevant unless you plan on funneling money into the pockets of the developers. 

If you don't want to have a donor symbol anywhere on your client for whatever reason that is, don't donate and hide your yell and public chat. 

You attacked me telling me to go OSRS because of my comments on ranks to be toggled off. I support Ikov with extreme donator, so I don't get your point on this? I'd rather toggle my donator ranks off the server and others because I just think they look to custom for a server that is to replicate OSRS. 

Funny how you assume so much yet know so little. ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, David said:

You'll only be able to toggle off your own donator appearance, not others.

Any reasons why you won't be able to toggle others donator appearance? If it's just your client side it doesn't affect anyone else. Doesn't make sense why someone can't have a option to do this?

1 hour ago, Ollie V1 said:

Any reasons why you won't be able to toggle others donator appearance? If it's just your client side it doesn't affect anyone else. Doesn't make sense why someone can't have a option to do this?

If you don’t want to see them don’t play private servers. Doesn’t make sense why you don’t want to see people who support the server financially so it may be sustained. 

Just now, Ollie said:

If you don’t want to see them don’t play private servers. Doesn’t make sense why you don’t want to see people who support the server financially so it may be sustained. 

Another sperg. You don't seem to grasp that some people actually like a clean client. Why would I want to see if someone has supported the server financially? I can see that on forums. 

4 minutes ago, Ollie V1 said:

Another sperg. You don't seem to grasp that some people actually like a clean client. Why would I want to see if someone has supported the server financially? I can see that on forums. 

If you enjoy a clean client with no yell, no donar signs, etc. Then why are you playing a RSPS in the first place, that makes absolutely no sense. Do you understand how stupid that sounds?

9 hours ago, Ollie V1 said:

+1, couldn't agree more. I'm all for giving the incentive of the dollar sign to people that want it, I personally would rather go without or be able to switch it off if I choose to do so. 

If you enjoy a clean client with no yell, no donar signs, etc. Then why are you playing a RSPS in the first place, that makes absolutely no sense. Do you understand how stupid that sounds?

@Ollie I sense you have not had breakfast before posting this, or somebody took a piss on your front lawn. Firstly, people play private servers for many different reasons, predominantly because of a faster exp rate, smaller tight knit communities & to avoid having to spend countless hours to build an account which some of us simply do not have as we have other commitments taking up our time. Furthermore, I'd also reflect your own statement back at you in relation to 'how stupid that sounds' when you signal that you play a private server to see dollar signs & yells, to me, that makes absolutely no sense as neither really add to the overall quality of your in-game experience. You enjoy your day though g ?

Edited by king

11 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Not even going to comment, I think King covered that for me. You made no sense at all, people have different views on RSPS...not just for Donation icons and yells. Lol.

• Owner
2 hours ago, king said:

+1, couldn't agree more. I'm all for giving the incentive of the dollar sign to people that want it, I personally would rather go without or be able to switch it off if I choose to do so. 

@Ollie I sense you have not had breakfast before posting this, or somebody took a piss on your front lawn. Firstly, people play private servers for many different reasons, predominantly because of a faster exp rate, smaller tight knit communities & to avoid having to spend countless hours to build an account which some of us simply do not have as we have other commitments taking up our time. Furthermore, I'd also reflect your own statement back at you in relation to 'how stupid that sounds' when you signal that you play a private server to see dollar signs & yells, to me, that makes absolutely no sense as neither really add to the overall quality of your in-game experience. You enjoy your day though g ?

Donator icons won't be dollar signs.

spacer.png