Nightmare drop rates need a permanent drop rate boost

dub dub

The nightmare drop rates are in need of a major boost.

I and many others have spent countless hours(500kc+ for only 2 drops myself) grinding this boss for little to no reward.

We are demotivated and would like the drop rate to be changed to a more enjoyable one, perhaps 50% increased from what it is right now.

- Dub dub

Bold of you to go for the 50% xd even though you are right, and this would be the 2141253 time someone asks about this and my 21432 time I've asked about Phosani's, I still understand that they need another revisions upgrade for it. They don't wanna buff the droprates but it shows that they don't give a flying fuck about nightmare when they leave 60% droprate bonuses on for a day where as it would get more active to just do a permanent buff on rates, say like a 40% droprate buff. 

+ a fun fact, everytime someone asks to buff nightmare rates they avoid it, so pay attention to this one.

Figured some numbers might help here. The chance for ANY drop at nightmare (sum of individual odds at each item) is 1/68; however, Nightmare only rolls each rare drop table once per kill, meaning multiple people can't get a drop in the same kill (except for the extremely rare case where both tables are rolled in the same kill). This means your odds of a drop on any nm kill is 1/68 divided by the number of people you're killing it with.

To show just how bad that is, this is how many kills you'd have to do do hit droprate and how long it would take assuming 4 minutes kills (although I made it 6 min for duo, 8 for solo) to hit that droprate. 

Now I get that nm isn't supposed to be free loot, but the fact that on average you'd have to spend >10 hours at a boss with boring mechanics to get just ONE drop on an RSPS is crazy to me. Even on the 55-60% boosts we've been seeing it's common to see only 1 or 2 drops across the entire server.

Because of this, I know 4 people on the entire server (including myself) who are willing to actually grind this boss; nobody else wants to stay for more than 5-6 kills. IMO the best solution to this isn't even changing the drop table by a set %; just make the rare drop tables roll for EACH person instead of just once per kill. This puts the set droprate at 1/68 for everyone for each kill, which is still a fat grind (at least 4.5 hours on average for ONE drop), but much more manageable for a private server.

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, e a s t said:

Figured some numbers might help here. The chance for ANY drop at nightmare (sum of individual odds at each item) is 1/68; however, Nightmare only rolls each rare drop table once per kill, meaning multiple people can't get a drop in the same kill (except for the extremely rare case where both tables are rolled in the same kill). This means your odds of a drop on any nm kill is 1/68 divided by the number of people you're killing it with.

To show just how bad that is, this is how many kills you'd have to do do hit droprate and how long it would take assuming 4 minutes kills (although I made it 6 min for duo, 8 for solo) to hit that droprate. 

Now I get that nm isn't supposed to be free loot, but the fact that on average you'd have to spend >10 hours at a boss with boring mechanics to get just ONE drop on an RSPS is crazy to me. Even on the 55-60% boosts we've been seeing it's common to see only 1 or 2 drops across the entire server.

Because of this, I know 4 people on the entire server (including myself) who are willing to actually grind this boss; nobody else wants to stay for more than 5-6 kills. IMO the best solution to this isn't even changing the drop table by a set %; just make the rare drop tables roll for EACH person instead of just once per kill. This puts the set droprate at 1/68 for everyone for each kill, which is still a fat grind (at least 4.5 hours on average for ONE drop), but much more manageable for a private server.

spacer.png

I agree that it should roll per person, but it still needs a huge buff and solos need to be meta. Right now I'm just having a hard time figuring out what's meta, solos is too much focus and the time per kill is definitely not worth the 1/68 chance.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, e a s t said:

spacer.png

This really isn't a good solution, say for example you're doing nightmare with 8 people (yes it's not realistic i'm just giving the number as a example) that's like 1 item per 8 nightmare kills coming into the game.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:50 AM, Fergus said:

This really isn't a good solution, say for example you're doing nightmare with 8 people (yes it's not realistic i'm just giving the number as a example, that's like 1 item per 8 nightmare kills coming into the game.

You're right, maybe a % buff would be best then. 

• developer logoHope locked this topic