Sacrificial Well

Jack Sparrow

Sacrificial Well

This game needs item sinks because it takes several days to sell some items, from what I've seen so far in the past few days of my return.

The sacrificial well will be a well where you sacrifice an item from the list of items it accepts. By sacrificing an item you get "Sacrifice points". These points can be exchanged for perks than be used around the game, some may be very good and some niche. I believe this game needs some more "custom" feel to it. So far, with the recent boss updates and new item additions like Seren's Tome, I believe the game is going in the right direction and just needs more of a push to get into that area of an OSRS server with its twists that make it fun.

An example would be a perk which gives unlimited run energy anywhere around the game. Yes, this does sound a bit overpowered but it comes with a cost. You will need 99 agility for this perk to work and it will cost 3000 sacrifice points. Points will be obtained from a variety of items but in this case you could sacrifice 2 ancestral pieces at 1500 points each (hat will be like 750 or 500 points). This will be around 500m worth of items removed from the economy. The main use for a perk like this would be in chambers of xeric where you can do a high scaled raid (solo) without the use of a lot of stamina potions. Could disable in wilderness depending on what players think. This may raise some questions of the ring of endurance being rendered useless but that could be one of the items which may be sacrificed to the well, therefore it will still have value.

Perks can be brainstormed more for a lot of different activities ranging from skilling to pvm.

Note: The perk suggested above is just an example and may not even feature in the release of this update, should it be added.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

• Developer
11 minutes ago, Jack Sparrow said:

Sacrificial Well

This game needs item sinks because it takes several days to sell some items, from what I've seen so far in the past few days of my return.

The sacrificial well will be a well where you sacrifice an item from the list of items it accepts. By sacrificing an item you get "Sacrifice points". These points can be exchanged for perks than be used around the game, some may be very good and some niche. I believe this game needs some more "custom" feel to it. So far, with the recent boss updates and new item additions like Seren's Tome, I believe the game is going in the right direction and just needs more of a push to get into that area of an OSRS server with its twists that make it fun.

An example would be a perk which gives unlimited run energy anywhere around the game. Yes, this does sound a bit overpowered but it comes with a cost. You will need 99 agility for this perk to work and it will cost 3000 sacrifice points. Points will be obtained from a variety of items but in this case you could sacrifice 2 ancestral pieces at 1500 points each (hat will be like 750 or 500 points). This will be around 500m worth of items removed from the economy. The main use for a perk like this would be in chambers of xeric where you can do a high scaled raid (solo) without the use of a lot of stamina potions. Could disable in wilderness depending on what players think. This may raise some questions of the ring of endurance being rendered useless but that could be one of the items which may be sacrificed to the well, therefore it will still have value.

Perks can be brainstormed more for a lot of different activities ranging from skilling to pvm.

Note: The perk suggested above is just an example and may not even feature in the release of this update, should it be added.

I'm not sure about the ideas of "perks" such as relics on OSRS, but we will add a well of goodwill in the future. What benefits it gives is still to be determined.

20 minutes ago, Hope said:

I'm not sure about the ideas of "perks" such as relics on OSRS, but we will add a well of goodwill in the future. What benefits it gives is still to be determined.

Yeah, when I mean perks I don't mean stuff like 1t faster speed in melee or something that OP. The agility one, in my eyes, opens up new ways to do some content which is why I suggested it. Most of them would be good QOL's to enhance the playing experience into something different, whilst also keeping the OSRS feel. From the top of my head one other could be; increasing the amount of scales/darts toxic blowpipe can hold to 50,000 or something. For an item sink, I think something like this will work better because players will try to purchase items that they already have to gain these perks. Ironmen can also find some good use from their duplicates to enhance their personal gameplay. The well could maybe even offer other stuff like supplies e.g dragon darts which ironmen may find it hard to come by or drop rate scrolls (same as ones in vote store) to benefit them whilst sacrificing their duplicate items.

Edited by Jack Sparrow

I would personally prefer ironman, or at least elite hc, be unaffected by a future well. I'm mainly thinking about xp rates, but also dragon darts are not too uncommon from puro puro d imps. Plants not dieing may be 1 affect that doesn't seem op but more ideas would be needed i guess. Perhaps another idea is x drop is replaced with a different x drop, but i know a server where their well is restocked about 22hrs/7 so they had a big impact on the iron mode xp rates.

Edited by Rostov