What is the best/worst non-combat skill?

king

What would you say the best & worse skills are to train? I'd personally go with thieving & hunter as my 2 worst, followed shortly by RuneCrafting & fishing. On the flip side I do enjoy herblore & construction 

Honestly depends on the server. I found some servers were awful for some skills simply because of the way they were coded in, but the skill itself wasn't bad in OSRS. If we're strictly talking OSRS then yes I hate RC, fishing is super boring and all other afk skills for that matter. I do enjoy hunter generally, agility is fun, and... ya that's probably it lol

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

15 minutes ago, Cox said:

Honestly depends on the server. I found some servers were awful for some skills simply because of the way they were coded in, but the skill itself wasn't bad in OSRS. If we're strictly talking OSRS then yes I hate RC, fishing is super boring and all other afk skills for that matter. I do enjoy hunter generally, agility is fun, and... ya that's probably it lol

I think cooking in zeah is pretty satisfying, exp rate and surroundings wise. I also don't mind smithing in varrock because you see some sights inside the w bank ?

2 hours ago, Diamond said:

Farming, every RSPS I've ever played I always leave that 99 until last it's just annoying lol. Plus most RSPS i've played farming is never properly coded. 

Yea if trees are coded properly I'm absolutely fine, as soon as i've got to start planting herbs & watermelons, its game over

9 hours ago, Diamond said:

Farming, every RSPS I've ever played I always leave that 99 until last it's just annoying lol. Plus most RSPS i've played farming is never properly coded. 

Exactly, I haven't played an RSPS yet that hasn't had buggy coding with farming. I guess something about it is more complicated than other skills? I'm not sure, but I know that I've ran into problems on every server I've played, especially Ikov with the buggy patches that sometimes would be impossible to clear without an admin completely fixing your account after days only to have it happen again almost immediately after lol.

siggy.png

9 minutes ago, Cox said:

Exactly, I haven't played an RSPS yet that hasn't had buggy coding with farming. I guess something about it is more complicated than other skills? I'm not sure, but I know that I've ran into problems on every server I've played, especially Ikov with the buggy patches that sometimes would be impossible to clear without an admin completely fixing your account after days only to have it happen again almost immediately after lol.

It's not so much the complication but rather the time it takes to grow a crop, then if you forget about it, it dies. ? Isn't so bad with the new plugins that runelite offers, would absolutely love to bag myself the pet as well, one of my favourites.

3 minutes ago, king said:

It's not so much the complication but rather the time it takes to grow a crop, then if you forget about it, it dies. ? Isn't so bad with the new plugins that runelite offers, would absolutely love to bag myself the pet as well, one of my favourites.

I'm talking about complications on the developers side, because I've never seen it implemented as well as other skills so there's gotta be something in there that's stumping developers no? On Ikov you can encounter some really puzzling bugs quite commonly in farming, and I keep mentioning that server because I'm pretty sure that's the only one I'm allowed to make reference to without breaking the rules lol, but yes I notice bugs with the timing, but also the patches themselves commonly end up bugged/unusable or with visual glitches

siggy.png

19 minutes ago, Cox said:

I'm talking about complications on the developers side, because I've never seen it implemented as well as other skills so there's gotta be something in there that's stumping developers no? On Ikov you can encounter some really puzzling bugs quite commonly in farming, and I keep mentioning that server because I'm pretty sure that's the only one I'm allowed to make reference to without breaking the rules lol, but yes I notice bugs with the timing, but also the patches themselves commonly end up bugged/unusable or with visual glitches

ahh fair enough, seen a few servers like this in the past. I think it may be underdeveloped because of a lack of interest from players, similar to construction (although instances I can imagine are a little trickier) 

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic
  • forum moderator logoJulia unlocked this topic