Refund HCIM modes on client disconnections/client crashes

Yolo

Refund hardcore modes if proof is being provided that the disconnection wasn't on your side/client crashing.

Right now im thinking about starting over but after some thought about it, there's no reason to restart when I could die to the client being absolute dogshit. (Yes im fucking pissed)

After I got denied a refund after clear evidence of my internet being perfectly fine while disconnecting , im suggesting that in the future refunds for this type of deaths should be a thing.

These type of refunds are a thing on other servers, which makes people stay and not get demotivated when something out of their control takes their precious status.

Especially when refunds were handed out by Oprah Winfrey a couple months back.

Yours truly, 

a pissed off ex-elite hardcore

Edited by Tung

@SRS I'm not asking for my status back, I'm asking that the staff/devs to consider refunds if you got clear evidence of the client actually being trash. There's multiple instances of people crashing while being logged on multiple accounts/ dcing randomly without it being their own internet.

There is at the moment absolutely no reason to start a hardcore mode account with these issues.

Not to mention absolutely terrible support ticket service, 1 month and no reply yet. A mod told me to wait for an answer there before I play my account again....

Edited by Tung

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

We always provide status refunds if the fault is our end. Please note that providing a GIF of you disconnecting and saying it wasn't your internet is not necessarily guaranteed to get you a refund. We must validate all causes prior to status refunds.

Edited by Hope

• Developer
On 11/11/2021 at 10:18 AM, SRS said:

Wasn't refunded when I died to a glitch. 

Wouldn't get your hopes up.

I don't remember you posting a thread for your status back. If you haven't played on the account since then, let me know and we can refund your status if you have proof.

4 hours ago, Hope said:

We always provide status refunds if the fault is our end. Please note that providing a GIF of you disconnecting and saying it wasn't your internet is not necessarily guaranteed to get you a refund. We must validate all causes prior to status refunds.

How is disconnecting from the game only meanwhile everything else in the background is fine being a fault on my end? Especially when multiple people have provided the same information. Why don't you ask the community how many peoples clients are crashing left and right and dcing all randomly? 

I couldn't have made it any more clear that the disconnection in fact wasn't on my end, I wouldn't have stood and watched my account die to hydra if that was the case, but what do I know, I'm not the dev am I?

• Developer
4 hours ago, Yolo said:

How is disconnecting from the game only meanwhile everything else in the background is fine being a fault on my end? Especially when multiple people have provided the same information. Why don't you ask the community how many peoples clients are crashing left and right and dcing all randomly? 

I couldn't have made it any more clear that the disconnection in fact wasn't on my end, I wouldn't have stood and watched my account die to hydra if that was the case, but what do I know, I'm not the dev am I?

Again, I'm just reiterating our stance on hardcore refunds. If someone submits an appeal to their death by saying they got disconnected and it wasn't their Internet, it could be a variety of issues, some of which are not on our end. I personally look into all of these reports submitted and most of the time do not find an issue, but I still encourage players to report as it could be a bug.

Also: your refund request was neither denied nor accepted. I'm unable to replicate any sort of disconnect with your instructions posted (which I noted in the thread).

Edited by Hope

• developer logoHope locked this topic