Suggestions to Extend the Longevity of Zaros

Alex

The Townboard update was a very unique touch. It got me thinking that there should be more competitive things to do, as well as rewarding players for longer grinds.

1) Weekly/Bi-Weekly/Monthly Competitions

- unlike the bingo event, add an in-game leaderboard that offers unique cosmetics/paints ( or $ scrolls, 07 gp, w/e ) to ranks 1-3 in either weekly/bi-weekly/monthly competitions.

- Give top 25 mboxes / cosmetic mboxes so people aren't discouraged in competing if they don't have the time for top 3

- Competition ideas: townboard tasks completed OR xp obtained, pets obtained (dupes not counted), yell drops announced (dupes not counted), most tob/cox completions.

- can probably tweak the rules in a way in which legendary donors don't have a huge advantage for townboard comps

2) 126 capes (200m xp)

Now that the server is heading towards more custom-y updates, it's the best time to start rolling out 200m skillcapes with perks.

- can take inspiration from the ikov cape perks, or get the content testers together and make some unique new ones.

- allow 200m capes to be used on the comp cape everywhere outside of raids. Can make it a donor perk too maybe. (Legendary donors get an additional slot for a cape to be added)

- besides being locked to 200m xp, capes cost 25-50m gp & level 100 on townboard to purchase.

Edit: just realized this has been suggested before with overwhelming support. No comments made by devs though.

3) Boss Hiscores

zarosideas.png

4) New Scrolls

Loyalty Title scroll (make your own custom title + color) Clue Skip scrolls, Townboard reset scrolls

- add these to either the vote or donator store

- can also be new rewards from exchanging townboard points

Since the custom loyalty title would be extremely sought after, it could potentially be a reward from 1st place in one of the competitions i mentioned, or added to the donator store for 2k+ tokens. whatever route you wish to take

5) Forum Awards

Forums & profiles are way too dry. Bring some life to it by adding forum awards and badges. An easy way to incentivize long term goals --> (500 tob , 500 cox kc, all skilling pets, etc..) Maybe even some in-game rewards when you claim a badge. The rewards won't be needed, just an idea!

I have a lot of ideas for these as well but prob won't even bother unless I know there will be an effort to add them. Thanks for reading if you took the time.

Edited by Alex

7 hours ago, Alex said:

I fully agree that there should be more competitions to keep players interested & in competitive spirit but a little more brainstorming would have to go to it, going to konar directly would be your best bet too or bringing up the conversation in-game/discord for others to comment on.

2) 126 capes (200m xp)

These have been requested for the longest time however I think it's ridiculously expensive to have designed and made, especially for 23+ capes. I like the idea of them but I think just having a few capes to represent total exp instead would be a better alternative 

3) Boss Hiscores

zarosideas.png

No comment

4) New Scrolls

Loyalty Title scroll 

I like the idea but there would have to be a word filter for it & a way for staff to be able to manage them so it's more work than needed but I do really like the idea of it and would love to see it.

5) Forum Awards

Would love to see them, might bring me back to the forums a little more

Edited by Zaros

BvGdsUh.png

iIzsb9x.png

6pMxCgf.gif Will Always Find me in 'Support' CC 6pMxCgf.gif

255926858061840385.png

• Developer
8 hours ago, Alex said:

The Townboard update was a very unique touch. It got me thinking that there should be more competitive things to do, as well as rewarding players for longer grinds.

- unlike the bingo event, add an in-game leaderboard that offers unique cosmetics/paints ( or $ scrolls, 07 gp, w/e ) to ranks 1-3 in either weekly/bi-weekly/monthly competitions.

- Give top 25 mboxes / cosmetic mboxes so people aren't discouraged in competing if they don't have the time for top 3

- Competition ideas: townboard tasks completed OR xp obtained, pets obtained (dupes not counted), yell drops announced (dupes not counted), most tob/cox completions.

- can probably tweak the rules in a way in which legendary donors don't have a huge advantage for townboard comps

2) 126 capes (200m xp)

Now that the server is heading towards more custom-y updates, it's the best time to start rolling out 200m skillcapes with perks.

- can take inspiration from the ikov cape perks, or get the content testers together and make some unique new ones.

- allow 200m capes to be used on the comp cape everywhere outside of raids. Can make it a donor perk too maybe. (Legendary donors get an additional slot for a cape to be added)

- besides being locked to 200m xp, capes cost 25-50m gp & level 100 on townboard to purchase.

Edit: just realized this has been suggested before with overwhelming support. No comments made by devs though.

3) Boss Hiscores

zarosideas.png

4) New Scrolls

Loyalty Title scroll (make your own custom title + color) Clue Skip scrolls, Townboard reset scrolls

- add these to either the vote or donator store

- can also be new rewards from exchanging townboard points

Since the custom loyalty title would be extremely sought after, it could potentially be a reward from 1st place in one of the competitions i mentioned, or added to the donator store for 2k+ tokens. whatever route you wish to take

5) Forum Awards

Forums & profiles are way too dry. Bring some life to it by adding forum awards and badges. An easy way to incentivize long term goals --> (500 tob , 500 cox kc, all skilling pets, etc..) Maybe even some in-game rewards when you claim a badge. The rewards won't be needed, just an idea!

I have a lot of ideas for these as well but prob won't even bother unless I know there will be an effort to add them. Thanks for reading if you took the time.

While we do have town board scrolls already coded in, I don't think they should be obtainable through normal means as it could allow any player to "buy" their way to town board level 100 in a day or two. I know tons of games that get absolutely destroyed by their player base for having "buyable levels" in battlepasses.

I'm not sure how well 120 capes would go over:

1. Models don't exist for the capes themselves
  2. Other capes, such as the max and completionist cape would still be far better to wear over the proposed 120 capes.

Other suggestions are good