Zaros client on spare PC detected by MalwareBytes as 0 day malware?

IronBearmen

Haven't used the Zaros client on this side pc in a month or so, and when I booted up the 2nd pc today malwarebytes auto flagged the client as containing 0 day malware before I had opened the client, but my active pc doesn't flag the current version client.
Is there a reason for this to be flagged as malware?
I have preemptively uninstalled the client on both PCs and won't be playing until I receive an all clear explanation from staff on here.

5 hours ago, IronBearmen said:

Haven't used the Zaros client on this side pc in a month or so, and when I booted up the 2nd pc today malwarebytes auto flagged the client as containing 0 day malware before I had opened the client, but my active pc doesn't flag the current version client.
Is there a reason for this to be flagged as malware?
I have preemptively uninstalled the client on both PCs and won't be playing until I receive an all clear explanation from staff on here.

@Spooky Should be able to explain why it may be coming up as that, there isn't actually any malware on the client though.

• Owner

Which file specifically is it flagging? It's certainly a false positive, all our main files are signed by myself and have no changed since 1st December 2020 other than the mobile client.

Examples:

explorer_xI4TKMYdYj.png

mintty_8eO24rSsnj.png

Edit *

I've checked all our downloadable files agaisnt virustotal.com and they all come back negitive. virustotal checks agaisnt all popular antivirus software including malwarebytes.

I very much appreciate that edit, sorry I didn't get back asap, didn't realize you'd replied @Spooky. The files that were flagged were the .exe for launching the client itself and one of the files from the .zaros folder, I can't remember and didn't screenshot it.
I'm sure it's just something about the fact that it's a java file, I've had similar things happen before with games/mods for games but I'd never gotten the '0 day malware' warning before.

Again, I appreciate the replies and the verification that you did, I'm not very concerned about it anymore. Thank you.

• owner logoSpooky locked this topic