Quality Assurance & Awards

Name:  Quality Assurance

Format: fJRMV9y7bPH1n5XWdl16uMM0mr9j6X3LNdXJOZ7lZ1BiWAcryFSo53P9t8AxCjBhuL3jRs8t7nsx4z0jC_J9BGAToPECNWaKxj8JTKVAy1H0TBwS9FOlOmXmIjAcim4adsapcFIpSetup (#6aa84f)

Description: Much like a Beta Tester, members of the Quality Assurance team have the opportunity to test new, unreleased content looking for bugs, glitches, dupes, and exploits. They are trusted individuals within the community, who have experience looking for bugs, helping us make patches before new content is released. 

Purpose:

• Efficiently looking for bugs and glitches
  • Provide extensive community feedback on upcoming content
  • Keep constant communication between Quality Assurance and Content Developers
  • Monitor Bugs forum section, looking for significant bugs.

Guidelines:

1. In order to be even considered to be apart of the Quality Assurance team, you must have some form of experience with locating and replicating certain bugs. 
  2. You must show continuously activity within our community and game.
  3. Knowledge of RuneScape’s and Zaro’s game mechanics, functionalities, and features.
  4. Capable of writing lengthy, extensive feedback and reports of significant bugs, glitches, and dupes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Forum Awards already added: 

Focusing on community involvement, we can use the awards to reward our players to certain achievements they may have made in the game or on our community forums. iAwards will allows us to give medals or icons to players based on the achievement completed. These achievements can range from getting a certain post count, getting a rare drop, achieving a certain skill level, or even seasonal event participates or winners. When awarded, icons will display in the user info panel on each of their posts and inside their forum profile.

NF76nFSsPf6jBFGI8fW4uLIlC6tJ8nOGh-MCQk43mNyq9laZGwZowWeEeqrn9QBTU9Tkz-86YlyiSp55MzswfS3oKqlSUU1hcxB2QtFJgKavknNuyHxMju_52Kr0gfJp_VFH3Wel

WNktZmaFIMEJYKz3FE2NNjWLyzxYhCyuw3DB_DAzzyLCab5IX-2RQTJEC2lH09ryhnVI6I9Y5aEq-XP4Qm7ygsmLFllueAnDQUtyq89rCVGhMIKx-eETsCz5XcQe-4D6Qis3jMgx

Edited by Setup

Similar setup in the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), QA is essential before the roll out of a product. It would be nice to have these however it could be a position taken by moderators+ as having inside knowledge into potential updates can provide individuals or groups with an economic advantage, which would be a bit risky if we were to have public recognition of this QA group. @Setup, @Skills thoughts fellas? 

1 minute ago, king said:

Similar setup in the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), QA is essential before the roll out of a product. It would be nice to have these however it could be a position taken by moderators+ as having inside knowledge into potential updates can provide individuals or groups with an economic advantage, which would be a bit risky if we were to have public recognition of this QA group. @Setup, @Skills thoughts fellas? 

Having community members being in the QA program is no less than someone being considered as a beta tester or content tester. These people would have knowledge of future updates, however this would not provide them with an economic advantage since Zaros is suppose to be 1:1 (or close) to OSRS.

Edited by Setup

Although I like to lurk more than anything these days, I felt like I had to jump into this topic. I believe this is a great idea and could provide a substantial benefit to the content we see being released by the developers. From playing @Hope's past projects, I already know that the content is darn near close to perfect, but I don't see the negative to having it before it is released. HOWEVER, these QA members must be trustworthy as they could find exploits that they could potentially use to their own benefit (instead of reporting it, utilizing it in the main game for personal gains).

That's my two cents on the subject. All in all, I think it's a great idea if implemented correctly.

Support. Can't go wrong with having a team of players that are dedicated to improving the server as much as possible. 

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

8 hours ago, The Old Nite said:

HOWEVER, these QA members must be trustworthy as they could find exploits that they could potentially use to their own benefit (instead of reporting it, utilizing it in the main game for personal gains).

This is my point, they need to be pillars of the community to ensure that this doesn't happen. I do support the overall concept of QA roles being offset to the community as this saves money & also provides a personal touch to the content released. 

On 6/20/2020 at 10:00 PM, king said:

This is my point, they need to be pillars of the community to ensure that this doesn't happen. I do support the overall concept of QA roles being offset to the community as this saves money & also provides a personal touch to the content released. 

Maybe to alleviate concerns, if they are to qualify for the QA role they should also be able to qualify for the server support role. A lot of the requirements could be shared between the 2 roles but of course with different ways of directly assisting in the server's maintenance and growth?

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

• 3 months later...

I think it is a great idea to get a few quality testers but I do feel as tho that rank should be server “staff” it should not be something easy to get the should be quite invested in the server and show dedication. 

In regards to the awards I literally  just posted that suggestion in a comment I totally agree with them I think it would be a fine addition 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 7:47 AM, GirlsOnDrugs said:

I think it is a great idea to get a few quality testers but I do feel as tho that rank should be server “staff” it should not be something easy to get the should be quite invested in the server and show dedication. 

Of course. Similiar to how Ikov handles Content Testers, this would be something that members will have to apply for, such as Server Support. The applications can be reviewed by either Developers or Administrators with trust and dedication to the server kept in mind.

A Quality Assurance team in project's like this are an absolute must have in my opinion, they are key in ensuring all content is released as smooth and as bug free as possible.

The rewards idea is also a great one and would love to see it implemented in one way or another, another great idea overall @Setup

leaned.png

Support for forums awards, always nice to have additional perks for those that use the forums. There are dozens of us.

Don't really see the need for QA testers from the community if you have a large enough staff team that can handle it.  Staff members are usually eager to contribute more anyway, so this would be an area to pick up slack to prevent buggy updates.

30 minutes ago, Sassafras said:

Don't really see the need for QA testers from the community if you have a large enough staff team that can handle it.  Staff members are usually eager to contribute more anyway, so this would be an area to pick up slack to prevent buggy updates.

Sure the staff team can handle it and test, but you have to account for the other responsiblities staff members have to deal with. Because of this, they aren't able to spend much time to testing new content. Having a dedicated team, just for testing, newer content will feel more "complete" and bug free once updated to the live game.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Perfection said:

Oh I can totally get behind a QA team. I plan on getting a new job as a test analyst for a large studio in the near future and have worked as a QA for many servers. 

Agreed, I would love to have the opportunity to be on the QA Team if given the chance, I have had a lot of fun deep diving on content in the beta so far and would love to keep doing that kind of stuff in the future 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
  • forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic