Nihil shard droprate

Acre

I feel like something needs to be done about the nihil shard droprates (both inside nex and from the minions outside).

As of now the time it takes to grind out the 250 shards needed for the crossbow is just insane. With an 1/128 droprate from the mages, giving on average 7 shards, that would be 4.5k mages you need to kill.

Even from nex itself its super slow (im at like 20 shards from 100 ish kc).

As an MVP you can get quite a lot, but getting MVP is nearly impossible if you dont have a t bow. It doesnt feel right that every droprate in the game is buffed, however these shards are 1:1 to osrs. 

Also seems weird that getting the shards is harder/more time consuming then getting the nihil horn and/or ACB.

• Like 1

Agreed. This is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, the minions outside Nex were bugged and dropped a lot of nihil shards (~90) - don't know how true this is, but it does measure up to the fact that when the first Nihil Horn came into the game (pretty early on) and how it was made almost instantly, which was rather suspicious.

• Haha 1

Can confirm, at first the droprate was still uncommon, but they dropped like 20-90 at a time ...

I have horn + acb banked, but legit cba grinding it out atm

250kc, 3 mvps and I have over 200. It's just drop rate from boss. TBH I don't think it should be buffed. There are a lot of horns in game but the shards are a necessity for the cbow. 

In that case, the bows will be either rarer than usual or it'll just take more time for them to be crafted into the game. TBH prices of the shards should be going up.

• Hope locked this topic