Does Realism mode actually save any time or bring any true value to the table?

SinKage

Hey, I'm new here and when i played an RSPS yearsss ago, it had a similar option, but you gained significantly more bonuses, nothing crazy, but definitely weighed in more than a 5% drop rate.

Idk if I am going to stay long-term or not. I've spent so many hours on RuneScape and RSPS since over 17 years ago. So an RSPS will have to really be fun and have good PKing mehanics.  I haven't expereienced an RSPS with better PvP mechanics since OOLLLLDDDDD school NR RsPS.  I'm also interested in PvM and group content to get the bank up to where I CAN afford to get good @ pking again and learn this RSPS's mechanics. Every RSPS is unique in that aspect. Some are worthless for actually Hybrid/TriBrid PvP.  Honest answers pl0x

So basically I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time having a Realism Mode acc when I'm not concerned about "Status" amongst the community or looking for a grindier RSPS

If you want to get to PVM fast and enjoy the content, play normal mode. Realist is for players who enjoy the grind. The drop rate boost is a small advantage to compensate for the slower xp rates, but overall it is not worth the extra time needed to train the account. If you enjoy the grind, pick realist. If not, pick normal.

Worth it in my opinion. Allows you to play the game without burning out almost immediately. Give you a sense of appreciation for everything that you've accomplished, instead of rushing for end game content. 

• 7 months later...

I personally feel that the realism and retail are so close  together that it's really no point for me. Just because I don't have the time to put that many hours into skilling and training to justify the little boost in drop rate which is already what 1/4th of retail depending on your mode, boosts, etc..

But if the grind suits you go for it!

I wouldn't recommend the lower xp if your only goals are to kill things, with all the boosts you can acquire that 5% isn't adding much compared to the amount of time you have to invest as a normal account.

Since everyone are grave digging i'd throw additional statement to the original comment. The original NR pking mechanics SUCKED ass, and the caps is god damn reasoned. Used to be one of the top pure pkers in NR back in 2010-11 era

• 1 year later...

Nah it is so little but if you want the chance you do it but i can recommend higher xp rate for sure it is a win win you get stronger faster and then gets faster up and might get into the game stronger and faster so you would get other drops faster. Hehe

Hi there, veteran "realist" player here, I have been playing since late 2022 and I have thoroughly enjoyed realist game mode, I started on "regular" on my ult account and I felt the satisfaction from maxing and completing logs/achievements wasn't quite as satisfying/gratifying as I wanted it to be (slightly quicker then expected) , I am an avid player - mostly after work to help myself unwind, I am a pretty high ranked realist player now, I don't think you should play realist for the "better drop rates" I think you should play it if you are committed and proud of the symbol before your name!! whichever way you decide to play feel free to add me if you need a friend or have any questions about the game! 🙂 

-Realist 3