Increase Trading Post Offers

Tranquillo

The trading post is really slow to buy/sell stuff because of the limited amount of offers people can have at any one point. 

I like the trading post and the feel of it but ultimately I feel we should be able to sell more items at once, and if everyone can then it would make the eco a lot more active. 

hNHV3DY.png

Tranquillo - zZ3ldTL.png - Lee

• Developer
3 hours ago, Tranquillo said:

The trading post is really slow to buy/sell stuff because of the limited amount of offers people can have at any one point. 

I like the trading post and the feel of it but ultimately I feel we should be able to sell more items at once, and if everyone can then it would make the eco a lot more active. 

I don't think it's necessarily because of the amount you can post, but rather because most of the playerbase are ironmen and the remaining players don't actually need to buy that much.

Also, you can get more trading post space as your donator rank increases (up to 20 at Uber). Having a larger number of sell offer slots might actually be worse for the economy, allowing an unnecessary amount to be posted.

With that said, we do have plans in the future to make some changes to the Trading Post to make it more convenient.

Agree with Hope in the regard that it's hard to sell items because most of the playerbase are ironmen. The fact that drops are pretty common, which is a good thing, also contributes to this because ironmen will also be drop trading their items over and naturally more items will be in the economy. The supply does not meet the demand currently; probably never will, but a more fleshed out item sink where an item can be removed from the economy whenever a player wishes to do so will push us closer to that equilibrium. Hinting at FOE. Several items have dropped drastically from my personal experience e.g. rapiers/avernics/dex/arcane scroll etc. There needs to be a bigger item sink than just a wandering trader than gets restocked every few hours with minimal items,  just because of the huge supply in the game.

Edited by Zik My Zuk