Town Board Scroll

Rebooted66

• Developer
1 hour ago, Rebooted66 said:

1. Would be a great addition to the vote shop or scroll token shop.

2. Should become tradeable amongst players.

That is all.

They can only be obtained through a few rare methods in game or through drop parties. Intended that way so nobody can gain an unfair advantage on completing the town board.

13 hours ago, Hope said:

They can only be obtained through a few rare methods in game or through drop parties. Intended that way so nobody can gain an unfair advantage on completing the town board.

Yeah, the only way I see myself getting any more than the single one I've ever had which maybe gave me a total of 1.5k experience is by hitting 90 town board and bossing for the rest of my life. Feel like a lot of people don't like the town board, the scrolls themselves are already super rare, may as well make them tradeable at least if not adding additional methods to get them.

• Developer
5 hours ago, Rebooted66 said:

Yeah, the only way I see myself getting any more than the single one I've ever had which maybe gave me a total of 1.5k experience is by hitting 90 town board and bossing for the rest of my life. Feel like a lot of people don't like the town board, the scrolls themselves are already super rare, may as well make them tradeable at least if not adding additional methods to get them.

We have gotten a lot of positive feedback on the town board since its release. Some people might not like it because it requires effort to level up versus just being able to AFK like other skills.

On 4/13/2022 at 12:28 AM, meso dizzy said:

You can get them from enhanced crystal keys 

"is by hitting 90 town board and bossing for the rest of my life."

that's what this is referring to lol. 90 town board unlocks boss caskets which in turn unlocks getting crystal keys much easier.

On 4/13/2022 at 3:58 AM, Hope said:

We have gotten a lot of positive feedback on the town board since its release. Some people might not like it because it requires effort to level up versus just being able to AFK like other skills.

I like town board I just think the scrolls should be tradeable. I can't imagine many actually enter the game on a daily basis.

• Developer
20 hours ago, Rebooted66 said:

"is by hitting 90 town board and bossing for the rest of my life."

that's what this is referring to lol. 90 town board unlocks boss caskets which in turn unlocks getting crystal keys much easier.

I'm pretty sure crystal keys are just as easy/easier to get without having level 90 town board.

20 hours ago, Rebooted66 said:

I like town board I just think the scrolls should be tradeable. I can't imagine many actually enter the game on a daily basis.

That's correct, many scrolls don't enter the game on a daily basis. We don't want them to be common, readily available, or have them all bought out by a single wealthy player.

Edited by Hope

5 hours ago, Hope said:

I'm pretty sure crystal keys are just as easy/easier to get without having level 90 town board.

That's correct, many scrolls don't enter the game on a daily basis. We don't want them to be common, readily available, or have them all bought out by a single wealthy player.

"I'm pretty sure crystal keys are just as easy/easier to get without having level 90 town board."

I'm not so sure. The main source I think of for crystal shards is gauntlet which I still cannot do. After that is Zalcano maybe? Good luck though, need an event to be active for that. Guess I could spend millions I don't have for seeds from gauntlet to maybe get 1 scroll out of 250m gp.

"That's correct, many scrolls don't enter the game on a daily basis. We don't want them to be common, readily available, or have them all bought out by a single wealthy player."

If one person wants to merch the market, they can do that; that's just how the trade post works. Doesn't mean an item of this value shouldn't be tradeable. Forget putting them in a token store of any sort, just focus on the trading aspect. What's wrong with 1 guy being able to use his gp to advance his town board? Wouldn't it be better off if that 1 rich guy wasn't so rich anymore because all the scrolls he just bought are going to turn into air as he levels his town board? We're making it out to seem like these scrolls can advance you a whole level when you really just roll "Mine 44 tin" "Fish and Deliver 33 Raw Shrimp" "Light 60 Regular Logs" and get a combined 1100 points. If someone wants to spend 10m gp for a scroll that gets them 1100 points, I think they should be able to. Anyway, that's my case,