Town board task streaks

Izumi

Town board task streak system (similar to slayer tasks) could be a nice/fun thing to have, without it being too OP:

- A multiplier is applied to the XP/points you receive from a task streak (every 10th, 50th, 100th, 250th, 1000th)
- Multiplier increases based on the task streak difficulty

Pros:
- This can be balanced easily since the multiplier can be low for the easy streaks
- Gives the town board tasks a bit of strategy fun - player can "optimize" their streaks by doing the task with best reward on their board as their streak

Cons:
- Slightly accelerates town board progress (probably a positive for newer players, while possibly negative for some existing players)
- No visibility on # tasks completed until the player completes another task

• Developer

The item prices (points required) in the town board exchange are priced specifically based on how fast players are able to gain points on average. If this is something players want then the prices will have to be re-balanced again to accommodate the extra gain in points.

Also, most town board tasks are relatively easy compared to a full length slayer task making it a lot easier to do streaks, not to mention you get 3-6 slots of tasks instead of just one slayer task.

Overall, I would support a small one time "experience bonus" for streaks opposed to a "points bonus".

Edited by Hope

16 minutes ago, Hope said:

The item prices (points required) in the town board exchange are priced specifically based on how fast players are able to gain points on average. If this is something players want then the prices will have to be re-balanced again to accommodate the extra gain in points.

Also, most town board tasks are relatively easy compared to a full length slayer task making it a lot easier to do streaks, not to mention you get 3-6 slots of tasks instead of just one slayer task.

Overall, I would support a small one time "experience bonus" for streaks opposed to a "points bonus".

As for the item prices, that is indeed a fair point which I did not take into account while making this suggestion. Not entirely sure how much effort it will take to re-balance (and if that effort is worth it).

It's true that town board tasks are not equal to slayer tasks in difficulty and length, but this seems to be more of a balancing decision. Some potential implementations that come to mind:

- Make task streaks less common, e.g. every 100/500/1000

- Re-use the same slayer streaks but reflect this in the bonus

There's likely other alternatives that also feel natural. Either way, I believe any kind of task streak system will improve the feel of the town board.