Zaros PvM Bingo #2 - $300 in Prizes!

Hope

• Developer

7rMBNor.png

2nd Zaros PVM Bingo Event (Solo)

The event will start on May 13th 2022 at 12:00 UTC (server time) and will last 1 month or until all prizes have been claimed.

Official Rules:

• There are NO teams. Bingo cards will be completed individually by each player.
  • The server will keep track of your bingo card and automatically stamp off tiles for you; there's no need to take pictures of your drops.
  • The card is 5x5 consisting of only individual item drops. There is a free space in the middle.
  • The official card layout/contents will only be viewable once the event starts!

Prizes:

• Prizes are awarded to 5 separate players who complete the bingo patterns depicted below. A single player cannot win twice on multiple patterns, so plan accordingly!
    • Normal Bingo - $25
      • Complete a sequence of 5 spaces horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
    • Four Corners - $50
    • Cross - $50
    • Zaros Special - $75
    • Fill the Board - $100
  • Winning any pattern will also grant you with a new title; "Bingo Master".
  • Upon successful first completion of any pattern, the winner will be broadcasted to the server and prizes will automatically be given.

ad80865c8e.png

spacer.png

Edited by Konar

Should've done a discontinued cosmetic from one of the holiday events as a prize too. Ingame scroll prizes is a bit boring and stale. Also, if it gets a lot of popularity, should add team support with OSRS/IRL prizes similar to Zaros DMM.

Edited by Zik My Zuk

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Zik My Zuk said:

Should've done a discontinued cosmetic from one of the holiday events as a prize too. Ingame scroll prizes is a bit boring and stale. Also, if it gets a lot of popularity, should add team support with OSRS/IRL prizes similar to Zaros DMM.

Think the only discontinued item are green santa hats? And they'll come back probably next Christmas.

• Developer
4 minutes ago, Zik My Zuk said:

Can probably recolour some random partyhat then or something.

Only negative on limited cosmetics is that it usually ends up gathering dust in one of the eco holder/gambler banks. But it's an idea for future bingo events. I think a lot of newer players or players that don't have a lot of money appreciate the chance to win scrolls though.

Edited by Hope

1 minute ago, Hope said:

Only negative on limited cosmetics is that it usually ends up gathering dust in one of the eco holder/gambler banks.

Got a better idea. Untradeable item given every Bingo. Leagues trophies. Everyone who participated gets something. The better you perform, the higher the tier.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Zik My Zuk said:

Got a better idea. Untradeable item given every Bingo. Leagues trophies. Everyone who participated gets something. The better you perform, the higher the tier.

We're giving a player title unlock already, which is essentially similar to a trophy. It shows you have won a bingo pattern in one of the past events.

Edited by Hope

1 minute ago, Hope said:

We're giving a player title unlock already, which is essentially similar to a trophy. It shows you have won a bingo pattern in one of the past events.

Idk I personally prefer the trophy, just looks cool. Honestly wished we had custom titles too

• Developer
22 minutes ago, Raidzillaaaa said:

Team bingo requested

We've currently opted out of team bingo for a few reasons, some being:

1. It isn't fair for solo or new players to get outmatched by a few teams that are online 24/7, especially those in a clan that are highly efficient (standalone).
  2. We want to avoid another GIM fiasco of teams requesting to have members removed for inactivity or swapped out with another player. Administrators are already overwhelmed with GIM related requests and there were a handful of team issues with the 1st staff hosted bingo.

It's something we can brainstorm more about in the future, but for now we wanted to start out with a few solos.

36 minutes ago, Hope said:

We've currently opted out of team bingo for a few reasons, some being:

1. It isn't fair for solo or new players to get outmatched by a few teams that are online 24/7, especially those in a clan that are highly efficient (standalone).
  2. We want to avoid another GIM fiasco of teams requesting to have members removed for inactivity or swapped out with another player. Administrators are already overwhelmed with GIM related requests and there were a handful of team issues with the 1st staff hosted bingo.

It's something we can brainstorm more about in the future, but for now we wanted to start out with a few solos.

To address the first point, you could have a system. The player will firstly opt in if they want to play bingo or not. Next, they can choose if they want to do it with people they choose, random people or solo. Doing it with random people will put you in a pool of players. 24 hours before the bingo starts, it will pick the teams and globally announce "teams have been picked, check the bingo board for your team." Team sizes of 3 would be perfect since it wouldn't be too small or too big. Once they are picked, you would go to the board and the team that you are players you are chosen to be with will be highlighted. 

Now people will be able to have their teams picked randomly without having a full disadvantage. The 24/7 part is not a good argument, the entire point of bingo is to win by playing the game. The same thing could be said for any bingo, including this 1. If you want to win, you have to put in the effort or get lucky of course. That's another reason why I suggested leagues trophies as rewards. Everyone gets something, even a participation reward instead of nothing. Alternatively, you could have a point system, where points can be spent after the bingo is over.

After the bingo event has started, the pool part of the event would not work anymore since it would be weird to have a random player join in your team a couple days after the event has started. However, you can join the bingo as a solo player or make a party for anyone of your friends to join you (invite only).

Along with this, you could have a clan system incorporated where you can talk to any of your group members in a group chat, whilst also being in another clan chat e.g. support.

Edited by Zik My Zuk

• Developer
39 minutes ago, Raidzillaaaa said:

Quite good idea to choose players randomly or choose players who you want to run a bingo with instead of assuming your gim team (if your playing gim) is your bingo team. 

I think having random players poses an even bigger set of issues vs forming your own team. You wouldn't want your GIM team to be composed of random players, right?

Edited by Hope

7 minutes ago, Hope said:

I think having random players poses an even bigger set of issues vs forming your own team. You wouldn't want your GIM team to be composed of random players, right?

No? You can make new friends. You'd only be opting in to this if you wanted to, it's optional. It's not like your trading amongst yourselves like a GIM. Scam issues won't arise. The only issue I see is if someone in the group gets burnt, but in my opinion, that's not a good enough reason to say no. If it was, GIM would never have been created.

This sounds amazing, especially that the server update your progress automatically, and being solo is also nice, now i dont have to apologize to my team when i forget to ss a drop 😄 cant wait till it starts 🙂

• legendary donator logoHowie unpinned this topic