Remove / alter the "Kill each wildy boss 30 times" combat achievement for UIM'S

UlM

I propose removing or changing the combat achievement " kill each wildy boss 30 times " for UIM's.

Hardcores have this removed and I believe UIM's should as well. I get that these tasks are meant to be hard, and I have no issue with it being replaced with some other wildy task similar to the others, but the time and effort required for this task is well above anything else.

At best you're getting a few kills per boss, per hour. With the requirement of suiciding at edge, going wildy for 40 mins max, then having to come back and get another looting bag which can take 15-20+ mins alone (ive gone over 200kc at men for a bag multiple times) then having to fully rebag and restock, then die again and repeat.
And if youre unlucky enough to not get a looting bag in time, you're stuck buying one from store or LMS if you happen to have the points to save your gear.
I believe these requirements make this task much harder than intended for UIMs

I assume this task is pre completed for HCs to save their status, I totally agree this is warranted however if this perk is granted to HCs the same should be given for UIMs imo. While both HCs and UIMs can play at off times to try and avoid PKers, if a HC can escape they can logout when they are seen to save their status, UIMs dont have this option as the item timer continues while offline. 

Maybe change this task to 1-5 of each boss, if removing it is not a viable option. So you are still required to do a wildy task, just one that is not as tedious. 

Edited by A UIM

Unpopular opinion, but I think both game modes should have to do it. You chose to play on a restrictive game mode.

17 hours ago, Skavid said:

It does make it all the more impressive seeing one with it done now, though. 

I agree.

3 hours ago, Zonk said:

Unpopular opinion, but I think both game modes should have to do it. You chose to play on a restrictive game mode.

I agree.

I would be ok if both had it, or neither. Because I agree that choosing a restrictive game mode is your own choice, it just seems odd to have one that has to do it (and is harder imo) and one without. 

20 hours ago, Skavid said:

Impartial. I'd just say to leave this one up to the UIM community. It does make it all the more impressive seeing one with it done now, though. 

It does, and i plan on compin either way, if i have to do it i have to do it, it just seems, unfair (for want of a better word) for UIMs to require it but not HC.

I would rather have it added for HCIM to complete personally, don't really understand why they'd be exempt. They dodge a decent amount of achievements which seems kinda unfair seeing as they chose to restrict themselves to 1 life.

If anything i propose adding those wildy achievements back for HCs so that everyone has to do them if you choose the HC gamemode that's your choice and so if you want the comp cape so badly you should have to do those wildy achievements or stick with a infernal cape.

Edited by Zuk my Zik

17 hours ago, Inferior said:

I would rather have it added for HCIM to complete personally, don't really understand why they'd be exempt. They dodge a decent amount of achievements which seems kinda unfair seeing as they chose to restrict themselves to 1 life.

Totally agree, I would vote for either both have it, or neither per my reasons above. 
All in all its not the end of the world having to do it on UIM if HCs dont, it just seems like an oversight thats all.

• extreme donator logoUlM changed the title to Remove / alter the "Kill each wildy boss 30 times" combat achievement for UIM'S
  • 3 weeks later...