Modify Town Board Level Rewards

Wiki

The town board provides great benefits as it levels up, but only for specific skills. At various 5 level increments however, you only receive cosmetic rewards.

My suggestion is that boosts are added to the level increments that have only a cosmetic reward. (Slayer helmet/Crossbow) - Perhaps added in other locations too.

The problem with the current boosts provided by the town board is that multiple skills are neglected. While drop rate and farming boosts are nice, I would like to see that changed - In a balanced way of course.

Some skills I would like to see boosts for/examples;

Agility - X% chance to perform a 'graceful' action, doubling exp gained from that obstacle, but unable to receive this bonus on lap completion. (higher % in full graceful)

Runecrafting - X% chance to double the runes and/or exp gained by a rune essence/Daeyalt essense (Each essence rolls % individually)

Thieving - X% chance to perform a 'deft' action, doubling exp and/or items received. (higher % in full Rogue's)

Thieving - X% chance to 'dodge' - Avoiding stun and/or damage from a failed Thieving attempt.

Production skills that could have an X% chance to perform an action quicker or complete the inventory in one go.

These are just examples - I just want to see some form of boost to skills that have no boost from the town board itself, with those boosts being comparable to those provided to gathering skills, drop rates, and farming yield.

Cheers - Thank you for reading.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Developer
On 9/22/2022 at 3:47 AM, Leanback said:

Lol what kind of answer is that? You develop a game and introduce the Towns board, for then to argument it's free and 'generous' enough. Its not because YOU decided to put it in game that it cant be optimized. Really weird answer tbh

I don't think many would appreciate losing some of the current perks and them being replaced with different ones. But also to back my original answer, yes, the system is already really generous for being f2p and low effort, alongside all the other boosts offered in the game.

On 9/22/2022 at 9:47 AM, Leanback said:

Lol what kind of answer is that? You develop a game and introduce the Towns board, for then to argument it's free and 'generous' enough. Its not because YOU decided to put it in game that it cant be optimized. Really weird answer tbh

You should be gratefull that @Hope added townboard. If it werent for townboard you wouldn't have all these extra stuff you get from it.

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 10:46 PM, MrDylann said:

You should be gratefull that @Hope added townboard. If it werent for townboard you wouldn't have all these extra stuff you get from it.

Again, totally missing my point. You automatically assume I'm not grateful for the Townboard just because I criticise the 'current' Townboard version. I'm grateful for the Townboard but that doesn't mean it can't be optimized. And low and below, 4 months later the Townboard got optimized as we can now bank the items we need to deliver to the Townboard. 

Really strange that you got so defensive against a guy who just had suggestions to make Townboard better Which doesn't automatically mean I'm not grateful for Townboard, such a strawman argument tbh