Rework pet perks.

dogJAM

The pet perk system is great however, I do think that some changes need to be considered. 

Currently arguably the best PVM perk comes from a quest boss (being the bloodveld pet). I do not think that a pet that is so easy to obtain should be a best in slot pet. I personally think that the more difficult pets to obtain are the ones that should be best in slot.

For example, the olmlet currently provides a 10% addition to points gained within CoX. This perk sounds good, however when you think about it 90% of the time you will get the items you need before you get the olmlet as the olmlet is a 1/53 chance (not including the pet rate boosts) per purple chest. The mega rares are only 1/34.5 per purple (roughly 1/11 to obtain any mega rare).

A perk that would make the olmlet pet worth getting is maybe one that does damage such as 4 crystals fall on the npcs head dealing 15 damage each at a 1/15 chance of proccing but the npc must remain under the crystals or they don't take damage. 

Another example is the inferno pet. Now this pet is actually COMPLETELY useless. Its perk allows you to take the pet into the inferno but there's not really any reason to do the inferno after getting the pet. 

A perk that would suit the zuk pet would be when 1k damage is taken (excludes damage from locator orb/rock cake) whilst the pet is out you will become enraged for 12 seconds and attack 1 tick faster mimicing zuk's enraged phase below 240 hp.

The final example I will mention is the verzik pet. It currently offers a small dr boost to the team which is good however an additional perk such as the blood fury effect (doesn't stack with the blood fury) would be great so you could use a torture with the blood fury effect.

There are many other endgame pets such as nightmare and hunleff which perks could be reworked also. 

TLDR: Change the pet perks for endgame pets to good perks. Doing braindead content for the current bis perk is aids you should be given a plethora of choices.

22 hours ago, ZelX said:

I would disagree with bloodveld being "easy" to obtain but you have some valid points otherwise. 

that shit is easy af to obtain for how op it is lol p sure last time i calcd it, it was a 20 hr boss pet grind and its from a mid lvl quest boss on osrs 

For the bloodveld, agree its very good for the effort/time to get it since now you can use any melee weap and ask it with karils and a blood fury

I think the olmlet is in a good spot since you still have the option of bringing other peta to raids so its not like you're sitting without. By the time you get olmlet you'd still most likely have some items left to complete for log (dust, kits, megas). I personally dont see this one as a problem since you're sacrificing damage feom other pet perks for the points.

Zuk pet - droprate from trading in a cape is a 1/20 flat rate which isnt bad at all. With the townboard being released the pet is nice to have for it and has a fairly good pet rating iirc. I dont really think he inferno on zaros is super end game content since you can bring a full invy of supplies for just 3 waves. 

Verzik - atm its basically a free tob scroll every raid u run. Not sure if its super worth it or not but its a small bonus that costs nothing to bring.

From what I understood the pet perks were supposed to not be turbo OP, thr bloodveld is but thats a completely different thing. Adding stuff like blood fury to a pet would make it way too insane and don't think that it was intended, nor should be that OP. Its a free dmg/acc/droprate or whatever boost on top of the already boosted rates/dumbed down content like inferno. 

16 hours ago, Kee said:

For the bloodveld, agree its very good for the effort/time to get it since now you can use any melee weap and ask it with karils and a blood fury

I think the olmlet is in a good spot since you still have the option of bringing other peta to raids so its not like you're sitting without. By the time you get olmlet you'd still most likely have some items left to complete for log (dust, kits, megas). I personally dont see this one as a problem since you're sacrificing damage feom other pet perks for the points.

Zuk pet - droprate from trading in a cape is a 1/20 flat rate which isnt bad at all. With the townboard being released the pet is nice to have for it and has a fairly good pet rating iirc. I dont really think he inferno on zaros is super end game content since you can bring a full invy of supplies for just 3 waves. 

Verzik - atm its basically a free tob scroll every raid u run. Not sure if its super worth it or not but its a small bonus that costs nothing to bring.

From what I understood the pet perks were supposed to not be turbo OP, thr bloodveld is but thats a completely different thing. Adding stuff like blood fury to a pet would make it way too insane and don't think that it was intended, nor should be that OP. Its a free dmg/acc/droprate or whatever boost on top of the already boosted rates/dumbed down content like inferno. 

Agree with most of these points.
Pets should be a small bonus addition to gameplay, not something you build your game around. 

Bloodveld pet actually isn't as strong as people think, in the best scenario the bleed effect is only boosting your DPS by around 5%. And the grind is easy but its definitely not a short one, Vanstrom kills are not quick unless you have good gear, with the average droprate being around 1/600.

I personally would like to see less overwhelming DPS perks added to pets (Nerf Doom pet), and instead add more niche perks (Gauntlet, Inferno, Kalphite perks), Because then grinding specific pets become more valuable, instead of just spending 10bill to get a pet that's BIS almost everywhere (again nerf doom pet).

• Global Moderator
On 10/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, Zik My Zuk said:

that shit is easy af to obtain for how op it is lol p sure last time i calcd it, it was a 20 hr boss pet grind and its from a mid lvl quest boss on osrs 

I would agree if we are talking BIS gear. Base entry gear to be able to do boss and or the medium gear the majority of people have when attempting it I would say it isn't the easiest. But if we are talking time/effort (with bis) = effectiveness of pet then yes it's "easy".

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, Artamiel said:

Agree with most of these points.
Pets should be a small bonus addition to gameplay, not something you build your game around. 

Bloodveld pet actually isn't as strong as people think, in the best scenario the bleed effect is only boosting your DPS by around 5%. And the grind is easy but its definitely not a short one, Vanstrom kills are not quick unless you have good gear, with the average droprate being around 1/600.

I personally would like to see less overwhelming DPS perks added to pets (Nerf Doom pet), and instead add more niche perks (Gauntlet, Inferno, Kalphite perks), Because then grinding specific pets become more valuable, instead of just spending 10bill to get a pet that's BIS almost everywhere (again nerf doom pet).

I definitely agree with the "pay to have best pet" point you made with last statement. I do find this a bit silly as well. 

On 10/15/2022 at 11:30 AM, ZelX said:

I would disagree with bloodveld being "easy" to obtain but you have some valid points otherwise. 

Click here and there along with eating food isn't what I call hard. Takes time in average for sure, but it's not hard in no way.

On 10/17/2022 at 5:41 PM, ZelX said:

I would agree if we are talking BIS gear. Base entry gear to be able to do boss and or the medium gear the majority of people have when attempting it I would say it isn't the easiest. But if we are talking time/effort (with bis) = effectiveness of pet then yes it's "easy".

bruh when i played the only ppl who were doing it were people in max hunting for the bis pet lol... i mean its still easy for mid game players w/o BIS because duh, the boss was designed in a mid lvl quest lol... mid lvl skill != mid lvl gear