Whats with this ping!?!?

ziam

Does anyone know whats going on with this insane server delay? I checked the world ping its 150-170. That is horrrrrrible! Do we have a way to get it down to a normal 20-40ping or at least playable around 60-80ping over 150 makes raiding and bossing near impossible, you get hit by the attack before you see it. I have 50-60fps not a graphical issue its server based.

• Global Moderator

I'm not having any issues with ping or connection at all. Its maybe localized to your end or your ISP is having issues. Could be a number of things completely out of our and your control. 

Also please stop replying on 3 year old posts that are very outdated and irrelevant. 3 Years ago we where having host issues and where fixed, that's why those posts are all around the same time. There is no reason to reply to 3 of them or any of them from that long ago. You did exactly what you needed to do by making your owe post about your issue and I hope you can get it resolved on your end!

Best of luck!

, Zel

I am sitting at roughly 50-65fps most of the time. But notice when i tap the world switcher plugin that ping floats around 150-155 but spikes to 165-170alot. Making bossing rather sketchy. It says world 1 is a US server so confused on why the pings so bad. I am West Coast but even on East Coast i tend to get 60-80ping. Reset my router even.

• Global Moderator

To my knowledge our host hasn't changed and is still located in the UK/Europe. Maybe that brings it more into expectation? The in-game flag says USA but that is inaccurate as I believe our last host was USA and might have not been changed since that time. Sorry for the bad news but thank you for bring this to my attention!

Im in the same boat, im from US-E and the last 3 days (todays been okay) i have had ping ranging from 80-400 rather than constantly at 80-100. The last 3 days before today have also had extremely windy conditions, so possible thats related, but Im in the same boat as well. Planked in TOB a bit because of this.

That does explain it, a UK server would be about 150ping. It also explains my issues with vorkath. After a few hours of vorkath and TOA I have for the most part adjusted you have to just move 1 tick faster for most things.