Question Regarding Resets

English King

What is your stance on economy resets and full server wipes? As a player, this is the biggest problem for me. You just can't get the time and energy back from 10s or even 100s of hours played. It's an instant game-breaker for me, so now I like to ask the question before investing my time into a server.

I understand there are different reasons behind server resets and you cannot anticipate if or when you will have to do one. Do you consider them as a way to solve a problem, are you against them? I'd like to know.

This is really a question for the owner/developers.

Server resets are entirely demotivating. It’s like being told your time and support means nothing, “just deal with it”. I have the utmost faith in David and Spooky as owners as well as the development team that seems to have a really good track record in the past with their respective communities, so I don’t believe you have anything to worry about here. The experience and talent going into this server is not typical for private servers these days, far above the standard!

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

The most successful servers manage to avoid resets, it's that simple. Ensuring glitches/exploits/dupes aren't readily available to abuse for financial gain is one of the factors that determines stability of the game, its eco & customer/player base. A healthy economy keeps a steady stream of people trying to grind to achieve & therefore provides a higher retention rate from new players. 

Edited by king

57 minutes ago, king said:

The most successful servers manage to avoid resets, it's that simple. Ensuring glitches/exploits/dupes aren't readily available to abuse for financial gain is one of the factors that determines stability of the game, its eco & customer/player base. A healthy economy keeps a steady stream of people trying to grind to achieve & therefore provides a higher retention rate from new players. 

This is exactly why solid teams like the one we have here will not risk putting out a half-ass server at release just to draw in people. They are willing to make people antsy for that better experience and more stable server economy. I will wait as long as necessary if it means having a properly tested server with only very minor bugs at release!

siggy.png

12 minutes ago, Cox said:

This is exactly why solid teams like the one we have here will not risk putting out a half-ass server at release just to draw in people. They are willing to make people antsy for that better experience and more stable server economy. I will wait as long as necessary if it means having a properly tested server with only very minor bugs at release!

Couldn't agree more ?

6 hours ago, Revenant imp said:

@Cox still salty over kronos lol

I probably wouldn't be able to trust the same team again if they pulled a server reset on me lol

siggy.png

Just now, Cox said:

I probably wouldn't be able to trust the same team again if they pulled a server reset on me lol

Barely trusted them from the start, then they promote someone and 1 day later he mass bans the whole server LOL, a fresh start with a good server is needed

On 6/28/2020 at 9:56 AM, English King said:

What is your stance on economy resets and full server wipes?

Don't like em. It's demotivating to have the time and effort you put into an account wiped away. There are extreme reasons where I think having a reset is acceptable, but it should always be a last resort.

8rit0d.gif

On 6/29/2020 at 11:24 AM, Revenant imp said:

Barely trusted them from the start, then they promote someone and 1 day later he mass bans the whole server LOL, a fresh start with a good server is needed

What??? Bro.... right there is a perfect example for why mods should be vetted so thoroughly before they pull something like that. 

siggy.png

8 hours ago, Cox said:

What??? Bro.... right there is a perfect example for why mods should be vetted so thoroughly before they pull something like that. 

Agreed, every staff member should go through a process to make sure they aren't power hunger fiends or jerks like the case stated above.

Sasuke Killer Bee.gif

Sasuke Chidori.gif

On 7/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, English King said:

This is why you don't have people apply to become moderators. 

I'd be much more in favor of a selection process, but I know a lot has to go into that. Like the current staff needs to be constantly taking notes regarding potential candidates, but you'd definitely notice the results I bet.

siggy.png

1 hour ago, Cox said:

I'd be much more in favor of a selection process, but I know a lot has to go into that. Like the current staff needs to be constantly taking notes regarding potential candidates, but you'd definitely notice the results I bet.

Yeah same.

You could have current player moderators scout for new players and recommend them in the staff forums. I've always thought that anyone who willingly applies for a staff position is applying because they want power/authority over the community, and that is the wrong reason to be a moderator, at least in RuneScape.

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic