Looting bag

Xp waste

I think we should change the way looting bags work for UIM. I dont see how you can charge $12 for it in the store and only empty it by dying with it. Even if you can only "withdrawal" in the wild, that would be way more worth it. I just hate to think i spent $12 on something just to die with it to even "use" it. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Looting bag should be emptied and dropped (not destroyed) on death. That way you still have to die to empty it, still have to juggle items, but don't have to worry about going back for another one (especially since it seems much rarer than on osrs).

On 12/5/2020 at 5:22 AM, Dripping said:

That's how it works in osrs and that's the way it should be.

I agree UIM shouldn't be able to withdraw items from the bag without dying. That's a core part of the gamemode - the issue lies with how difficult it is to reliably obtain another looting bag after dying. UIM also have the ability to note items at a bank here, which isn't a feature in osrs. Making looting bag less of a hassle to reobtain is way closer to QOL than letting UIM note items, especially since it's an item you can buy with $.

Getting rid of the need to get a new one every time you want to empty it is a perfectly reasonable change. Adding a withdraw functionality isn't.

E: Alternative fix could be allowing you to re-claim an empty looting bag from an NPC at home after dying with it.

Edited by Waveland

Putting my thoughts here since to avoid double posting threads:

Currently the drop rates for looting bags is very low. It can take 50-70 kills on low level monsters near the ditch, like rats, to get one. Because looting bags are one of the most important aspects to a uims account, we could be going through 1 or 2 bags per day depending on the content we play. I think the drop rate should be buffed. In osrs, its a 1/30 drop rate but realistically it only takes about 10 kills before you have one. The most important thing is, imagine you die somewhere and need a new bag to go collect all your items, but it takes ~30 minutes just to get the bag to drop, now you have almost no time to get back to your items and loot them which could completely wipe you.

If buffing the drop rate doesnt seem like the correct update, I think there should be some other way to obtain it aside from donating $12. Possibly put it in the wilderness slayer shop for a modest number of points?

6 hours ago, Soren said:

Putting my thoughts here since to avoid double posting threads:

Currently the drop rates for looting bags is very low. It can take 50-70 kills on low level monsters near the ditch, like rats, to get one. Because looting bags are one of the most important aspects to a uims account, we could be going through 1 or 2 bags per day depending on the content we play. I think the drop rate should be buffed. In osrs, its a 1/30 drop rate but realistically it only takes about 10 kills before you have one. The most important thing is, imagine you die somewhere and need a new bag to go collect all your items, but it takes ~30 minutes just to get the bag to drop, now you have almost no time to get back to your items and loot them which could completely wipe you.

If buffing the drop rate doesnt seem like the correct update, I think there should be some other way to obtain it aside from donating $12. Possibly put it in the wilderness slayer shop for a modest number of points?

Jagex changed it to 1/15 from low lvl npcs on osrs - a similar change here would definitely be the simplest fix.

I seriously don't think wildy slayer shop is a good idea for it (unless one of the other suggestions is added as well) - forcing UIM into the wildy for something so essential isn't something I'd support.

I've been thinking about it a lot and personally I think the best solution is either adjusting the drop rate to match oldschool, or giving UIM the option to reclaim an empty bag from an NPC after dying with it.

Currently the only real option UIM have is LMS, and honestly I don't have a huge problem with LMS being an option, but it shouldn't be the only option.

Hopefully a staff member can chime in soon.

E: Off-topic, but I'd love to get some clarification on exactly how long items last on ground after dying for ults.

Edited by Waveland

On 12/6/2020 at 7:59 AM, Waveland said:

Looting bag should be emptied and dropped (not destroyed) on death. That way you still have to die to empty it, still have to juggle items, but don't have to worry about going back for another one (especially since it seems much rarer than on osrs).

I agree UIM shouldn't be able to withdraw items from the bag without dying. That's a core part of the gamemode - the issue lies with how difficult it is to reliably obtain another looting bag after dying. UIM also have the ability to note items at a bank here, which isn't a feature in osrs. Making looting bag less of a hassle to reobtain is way closer to QOL than letting UIM note items, especially since it's an item you can buy with $.

Getting rid of the need to get a new one every time you want to empty it is a perfectly reasonable change. Adding a withdraw functionality isn't.

E: Alternative fix could be allowing you to re-claim an empty looting bag from an NPC at home after dying with it.

Agreed

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic