Gold Sinks ​💰

Monk

Well of Goodwill / Gilded Equipment!

• I would like to see the Well of Goodwill added just north of the Trading Post, this will be an easy access location to donate your gold. What prizes can come from this? For every 500K gp added to the well you will have 1 entry. The winner will be rewarded with 50% of all gold added to the well + 1 random gilded equipment piece! You may only add 20 entries per 24 hour period. The Well of Goodwill will roll 1 player's name each week. Gilded items currently obtained from Clue Scrolls should be removed and added specifically to this well. Gilded armour will also raise in it's value due to only 1 random gilded equipment piece coming into the game per week. Ironman accounts will be excluded.

Price: 500K gp per/entry (Max 20 entries per day)

If 300 players donate to the well 20x each, that will remove 1.5B gp from the game!

Gilded full helm.png Gilded med helm.png Gilded platebody.png Gilded chainbody.png Gilded platelegs.png Gilded plateskirt.png Gilded kiteshield.png Gilded sq shield.png Rune defender (t).png Gilded boots.png Gilded coif.png Gilded d'hide body.png Gilded d'hide chaps.png Gilded d'hide vambraces.png Gilded 2h sword.png Gilded axe.png Gilded scimitar.png Gilded hasta.png Gilded spade.png Gilded pickaxe.png Gilded spear.png Golden chef's hat.png: Reward casket (easy) drops Golden chef's hat with rarity 1/2,808 in quantity 1 Golden apron.png: Reward casket (easy) drops Golden apron with rarity 1/2,808 in quantity 1

aVPxXXY.png

Clan Thread Pinned!

• For many, clan recruiting is very important for boosting numbers in their clan. If your clan thread is now pinned in the Clan Headquarters section of our forums you will see a surge of players joining you much quicker. Thread bumping, etc. would not be necessary anymore due to your thread being at the top and much easier to view. Staff members will record all thread pin purchases from the clan leader, gold will then be emptied OR manually add a ticket system through via discord, etc. 

Price: 250M per/month

Edited by Monk

8 minutes ago, Level III said:

I would love  well of goodwill however the whole gilded aspect of this seems weird and out of place to me.

It does but for every server I have played or even OS in general, gilded items hold no value and aren't deemed rare enough. I would love to see Gilded pieces become valuable in it's own way. Imagine the price someone would pay for a complete Gilded Armour Set? The time it would take to even obtain a full set would take quite a while.

The way you currently describe how the well of goodwill should work seems more like a lottery system. The well of goodwill should grand something for the whole community since you should contribute towards it out of goodwill. Also, what others already replied is that the gilded items really feel misplaced within your concept. Also gilded isn't really a very wanted 'rare' people would love to wear.

What you could do:

A lottery system

You can enter any amount of coins you'd like (with a minimum of 100k for example). Your win percentage is based on howmuch you've put into the lottery. The winner of the lottery will get 80% of the pot so a 20% of the total pot will be the money sink.

You should always atleast get your bet back. For example if player 'x' would put 100M into the lottery and the total amount of all the other players entering the lottery is 10M and player 'x' wins, he would lose money.

Lastly you could add an extra reward for players that win the lottery, but just not gilded pieces. It has to be really unique. Think of a cosmetic set which consists of custom designed armoury pieces made by the Zaros developers (similar to the crack the clue outfit).

Well of Goodwill

Examples of what the well of goodwill could exsist of:

1. x-amount total donated = double blood money for an hour
  2. x-amount total donated = an extra tournament
  3. x-amount total donated = 50% xp boost for 30 minutes
  4. x-amount total donated = 50% extra droprate for 30 minutes.

The amount that has to be donated must be viable for the reward the community gets, so it won't become a money maker instead of a money sink.

1018bb8723498289ee8d40ad27f7c9a4.png 

Click my banner to check out my video's on Youtube! 🙂

1 hour ago, Nes said:

The way you currently describe how the well of goodwill should work seems more like a lottery system. The well of goodwill should grand something for the whole community since you should contribute towards it out of goodwill. Also, what others already replied is that the gilded items really feel misplaced within your concept. Also gilded isn't really a very wanted 'rare' people would love to wear.

What you could do:

A lottery system

You can enter any amount of coins you'd like (with a minimum of 100k for example). Your win percentage is based on howmuch you've put into the lottery. The winner of the lottery will get 80% of the pot so a 20% of the total pot will be the money sink.

You should always atleast get your bet back. For example if player 'x' would put 100M into the lottery and the total amount of all the other players entering the lottery is 10M and player 'x' wins, he would lose money.

Lastly you could add an extra reward for players that win the lottery, but just not gilded pieces. It has to be really unique. Think of a cosmetic set which consists of custom designed armoury pieces made by the Zaros developers (similar to the crack the clue outfit).

Well of Goodwill

Examples of what the well of goodwill could exsist of:

1. x-amount total donated = double blood money for an hour
  2. x-amount total donated = an extra tournament
  3. x-amount total donated = 50% xp boost for 30 minutes
  4. x-amount total donated = 50% extra droprate for 30 minutes.

The amount that has to be donated must be viable for the reward the community gets, so it won't become a money maker instead of a money sink.

I agree, it does look like a lottery with extra steps right now. It looks like a way of making gilded rare while erasing gp from the game. 

I think the best way for a goodwill would be xp boost after certain amount is achieved or maybe even tiny bit of a point boost in pc . 

Overall i thnk the idea itself besides the gilded thing is neat

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic