Recent Nerfs & Updates

HRD

I felt the need to make this thread since NO STAFF replies to any messages in Discord.

The recent nerfs to skills and methods of training have really made a lot of people complain and think twice about continue to invest time here. Not only it's unfair to people that have a life and can't play 20h a day, but it makes certain stuff borderline impossible to achieve.

• We've been promised the best server ever. I can see why the hype, and even though bugs are expected, the people who are making the calls on the nerfs and buffs need to ask someone else for an opinion. The server is great, but I've written all the stuff that happened since the begging, that got aknowledged and changed:
  1. Farming - We started with a ridiculous low amount of herbs per patch. We thought it was okay since most of us didn't have access to super/ultra compost. Things didn't change after a few days, and then a update was implemented: We got more herbs per patch, things looked a lot more smoother and easier when it came to get supplies, especially for Ironman. Then, you screwed up again. Previously I got 150+ herbs per run using 7 patches, and now I get barely 60. I don't get 3 herbs in one patch in OSRS, it shouldn't be a thing here.
  2. Construction - Day one, people found out the price of making planks was just retarded, so molten glass was the best price/xp, especially for ironman. People who abused it got away with it, whilst people that didn't gotta stick with plankmaking, that costs over 100 MILLION FOR NORMAL IRONMAN. Didn't even make the maths for Elite.
  3. Crafting - Day one it was impossible to train on charter ships. All the shops being shared makes zero sense. There is no drawback to having a separate shop in every ship. Even if the shops restocks "quickly", it just takes 3 people with pid to buy all the stock.
  4. Mining - Even though this is something small, it's not right and it's annoying for people who care. Mining Amethyst is just pathetic. I needed 2 inventories and I spent 2 HOURS mining to get it.
  5. Thieving - Snape Grass was added, but it seems impossible to get a single seed. I went from 75 to 99 and I got 2 seeds. 
  6. Voting Shop Rewards - With no ETA on voting, the rewards locked on the voting shop will remain there until you decide to release voting? We can't use volcanic ash with fertile soil, we can't buy the gloves to assist skilling, we can't buy scrolls and all the other cosmetics. At least make them available in the achievement shop until voting gets released, but the completed ignorance of this it's just ridiculous.
  7. Macro Questions - Why the hell am I getting 6 questions in ONE INVENTORY of fish? All these questions don't even make sense, are hard and complicated for no reason. I understand you're trying to fight the bots, but this ain't gonna make a difference. Stop with the damn questions! It's annoying.
  8. Bank Space - I get it, you want money. What I don't get is why we only have access to 400 bank space? If I want to have 1 unit of every single PVM item in the game, I can't. That's just.. 

Don't forget we're playing a PRIVATE SERVER. It's meant to be easier than OSRS: Drop rates, access to items, etc. I've seen this happen before and I'm sure you know, shit like this makes people leave.

Please consider these topics.

Edited by Kami

1 minute ago, Bee said:

+1, Straight to the point and simple, would give them a little break as today only marks the one week since launch and it's been a hectic week.

I would, but we were promised a "perfect" server, and up until now it has been everything but that. 

About the macro questions, i saw spooky spoke about this on discord. They are making it so you get one question every 15 mins.

That is what i read from spooky so far, not sure if this will be the case. But you made some great points here, thanks for sharing.

Hi @Kami

Thank you for these suggestions and thoughts. Very much straight to the point!

I'm sure the Team are fully aware of the current issues/problems. This game is only a week old so it's going to take some time for them to get it right. 

They want to insure that all game-modes for all players is as smooth as possible.

Please bare with them and I am sure they will meet your demands.

As for your suggestions, yes I agree things need to be adjusted and relooked at for all of these. As you say it's an RSPS and things need to be simpler to obtain. People come to an RSPS for an easier grind, it's just about finding a balance so as I said things will take time. 

Thanks

-Diamond. 

Edited by Diamond

⚒️Beta Tester⚒️

3 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Hi @Kami

Thank you for these suggestions and thoughts. Very much straight to the point!

I'm sure the Team are fully aware of the current issues/problems. This game is only a week old so it's going to take some time for them to get it right. 

They want to insure that all game-modes for all players is as smooth as possible.

Please bare with them and I am sure they will meet your demands.

As for your suggestions, yes I agree things need to be adjusted and relooked at for all of these. As you say it's an RSPS and things need to be simpler to obtain. People come to an RSPS for an easier grind, it's just about finding a balance so as I said things will take time. 

Thanks

-Diamond. 

Sorry Mod Diamond

regarding this, your 100% correct and yes we can expect there to be bugs but the state in which this was released is just devastating, the bugs that have been found its very difficult to not question those 'beta' testers as to what the hell they were actually doing? like imagine having an open beta that isn't just tourney, alot of the issues we see now would have been spotted way sooner and the launch would have been even better then what it was. im not here to dis or flame but things could have been better if the right decisions were made

just to clear any issues with construction xp rates and costs required for 99

this calculation takes 99 as being 13m xp. it also assumes planks were obtained through plankmake (cheaper then sawmill)

prices might be slightly scuffed because of my donor rank. but should convey the point correctly. if your a non donor remove 15% discount

normal irons with 50x skilling xp rates.

• Oak: 3000xp per plank. (13.000.000/3000= 4333,33) 4334 planks needed for 99. Price for 99 = 4334*1500= 6.5m
  • Teak:  4500xp per plank, 2889 planks needed for 99. Price for 99 = 8.6m
  • Mahogany: 7000xp per plank, 1857 planks needed for 99. Price for 99 = 16.7m

8x xprate irons (elite, ultimate etc)

Oak: 480xp per plank. 27083 planks needed for 99. Price for 99 = 40.6m

Teak: 720xp per plank.  18055 planks needed for 99. Price for 99 = 54.1m

Mahogany: 1120xp per plank. 11607 planks needed for 99. Price for 99 = 104.4m

Edited by Ironsky