Achievements Rework

Tanks

I am maxed and I love a good grind but some of the achievements are simply straight rng or impossible. With such high requirements and achievements I'd expect an equal reward other than diary gear for these insane achievements. 

Example:

Mega rare table from a clue.

4.6b xp

Complete a ToB run in under 16 minutes.

Complete a CoX run in under 15 minutes.

Collect 1,000 items in your collection log.

1000 pvp kills

50 killstreak in wilderness.

Craft any spirit shield with a sigil.

Attach avernic to ddef.

They're meant to be a challenge, an achievement is just that, something you can be proud of accomplishing. The only thing in the game that you are barred from getting based on those achievements is the trimmed diary cape. Otherwise you only need 95% to get the other items from the shop. I think adding some other rewards would be cool, but this isn't easyscape. If you don't want to complete those tasks, then don't. You will slowly achieve them throughout your time playing and some of them are only possible if you're a skilled player.

4 minutes ago, Cold cuts said:

They're meant to be a challenge, an achievement is just that, something you can be proud of accomplishing. The only thing in the game that you are barred from getting based on those achievements is the trimmed diary cape. Otherwise you only need 95% to get the other items from the shop. I think adding some other rewards would be cool, but this isn't easyscape. If you don't want to complete those tasks, then don't. You will slowly achieve them throughout your time playing and some of them are only possible if you're a skilled player.

While I agree I dont want it to be easy scape, some of these "achievements are more of chores". Yes you don't need to grind them out but for the rewards provided for these insane challenges its simply not worth it. It would take a literally a year to complete the achievement cape and you get absolutely nothing for it besides diary gear and the cape which you have to pay for. Also I dont agree with how iron's get the PVP achievements done automatically. These are some of the hardest ones and they get them free. If they want to keep the achievements this challenging then atleast give decent rewards and something worth grinding for, as of right now its pointless to go for. 

8 minutes ago, Tanks said:

While I agree I dont want it to be easy scape, some of these "achievements are more of chores". Yes you don't need to grind them out but for the rewards provided for these insane challenges its simply not worth it. It would take a literally a year to complete the achievement cape and you get absolutely nothing for it besides diary gear and the cape which you have to pay for. Also I dont agree with how iron's get the PVP achievements done automatically. These are some of the hardest ones and they get them free. If they want to keep the achievements this challenging then atleast give decent rewards and something worth grinding for, as of right now its pointless to go for. 

Perhaps buffing rewards is a better way to word this suggestion rather than rework. The system is fine, works fine, and you don't have to complete it if you don't wish to. 

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic