Elite Ironman Buff?

Sid

Let me start off by saying I've never played an ironman until Zaros and it seemed like the perfect time to try one based on the OSRS knowledge I already know. And I don't want people thinking I'm just moaning and trying to make it easier. Just more worthy of the time investment it truly is.

So far from my experience with EIM on Zaros it's been pretty solid. Grinding is enjoyable to an extent, being an ironman instead of a normal account has me playing RS like it's meant to be played and not just PK'ing and gambling. The only issue I have with it so far is I feel like my time isn't being rewarded compared to other gamemodes.

As an Elite Hardcore I'm only rewarded with 8% drop rate bonus(we should really say 5% because the majority of elites will die once they start bossing).Which in the long run saves you how much time? Ex: I should get a black mask in 28 less kills than a normal ironman. Ok let's think about it this way. How long does 28 cave horrors take to kill? 10 minutes? Ok cool I saved 10 minutes that's awesome but how long did 52 slayer take me to get compared to a normal account? 3 hours? 4 hours more? So when your finally maxed and have all the boss drops you need did you really save anytime or did you get a good return in your invested time?

I'm not asking to make Elite's spoonfed but I would really like some changes to EIM to make it more worth the time invested into it because I'm really enjoying it. We could copy Ikov and make EIM a 13% bonus rate and it lowers to 8% or 10% when you die. We could make small perks that will help you in-game but not be ridiculously overpowered kind of like becoming a donar.

If your a fellow EIM and have any suggestions please leave them on the thread and lets discuss it. I know quite a bit of people that have deironed there EIM and went another route so it's not just me.

EDIT: Also make it so you can derank your EIM to normal Ironman.

Edited by Sid

I am a EIM as well and have been enjoying the grind, I am on the fence about buffing the EIM game mode. What "perks" would you add to the mode? -- I am going to follow this thread to see others ideas.

In one hand, if you change the EIM game mode based purely off of "my time isn't being compensated" or "is it really worth the investment, its harder than the rest of the game modes" -- you will need to consider realism mode as they have the same XP rates but with a slightly lower drop boost (5%.) but do realists need a buff? Maybe not because they can purchase items from other players which will speed up their progress?

On the other hand, you have a 5% drop boost to group ironmen who have x65 combat and x40 skilling. -- Why do we have nearly the same drop buff if we take significantly longer to level? 

Hmmm....

12 minutes ago, Fancy Bear said:

I am a EIM as well and have been enjoying the grind, I am on the fence about buffing the EIM game mode. What "perks" would you add to the mode? -- I am going to follow this thread to see others ideas.

In one hand, if you change the EIM game mode based purely off of "my time isn't being compensated" or "is it really worth the investment, its harder than the rest of the game modes" -- you will need to consider realism mode as they have the same XP rates but with a slightly lower drop boost (5%.) but do realists need a buff? Maybe not because they can purchase items from other players which will speed up their progress?

On the other hand, you have a 5% drop boost to group ironmen who have x65 combat and x40 skilling. -- Why do we have nearly the same drop buff if we take significantly longer to level? 

Hmmm....

I looked at that and thought about making a group ironman and just playing by myself.... which IMO just isn't right lmao. I don't really know what the perks could be just that's why I was hoping people would suggest something. But the argument 8% long term is a lot isn't very valid on a RSPS. No Elite's going to kill 10k hydra's or 10k sires etc. They are going to go short term and get the items needed and be done. The 8% long term would only come into effect on things farmed for supplies. Even zulrah probably wouldn't really matter.

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic