Zaros Donator Perk & Store Suggestions

Affe

• Owner
7 hours ago, Ollie V1 said:

Donation incentives I believe would help is drop percent increase or even a monthly subscription which would give you benefits in percentage for mini games / PC / Barrows / etc and access to membership only areas for moneymaking advantage or more yield from a farm run to make pots / XP gains slightly increased etc, incentive of still working for the items and not just receiving via a donators shop? 

Obviously not just the above benefits, but you get what I mean. Rather then a ::claimdonation make it a membership with a benefit for a month? 

Also question - will there be donator ranks in game like Ikov? Is this something we can turn off on client?

Issue with membership is that it doesn't generate enough revenue.

If you have 1000 people paying for a $10 membership that's $10,000 a month you have to spend. I can tell you that $10,000 a month is not nearly enough to run a top RSPS. It wouldn't even pay for the developer costs let alone advertising & misc costs.

Yes there will be donator ranks, we'll have an option where you can toggle your rank off so people can't see it.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, David said:

Issue with membership is that it doesn't generate enough revenue.

If you have 1000 people paying for a $10 membership that's $10,000 a month you have to spend. I can tell you that $10,000 a month is not nearly enough to run a top RSPS. It wouldn't even pay for the developer costs let alone advertising & misc costs.

Yes there will be donator ranks, we'll have an option where you can toggle your rank off so people can't see it.

Alright, so what kind of items are going to be in the shop? If not membership?

No worries, sounds good. You can toggle all ranks off except Mods?

14 minutes ago, Ollie V1 said:

Alright, so what kind of items are going to be in the shop? If not membership?

No worries, sounds good. You can toggle all ranks off except Mods?

David will probably answer this with way more specifics than I can provide, but I recommend checking out their other server "Ikov" and go to the "Store" tab to get an idea for what kind of items are typically offered in an RSPS store. Very rarely is there best-in-slot offered even in mature servers like Ikov and David has already made it clear that they don't plan to include game-breaking items such as those in their store. But, you usually find miscellaneous things like small amounts of skill supplies, average gear for PvMing, etc. that they may choose to release at a later date to not give an unfair advantage. Trust these guys, they know what they're doing. You don't build the #1 RSPS and then decide to tarnish your legacy with some cheap follow-up project. They've put a lot of money into this release and you can be sure that they aren't going to risk the success of it over the donation store.

Honestly it wouldn't even surprise me if they only allowed cosmetic purchases (like customs) to be available for the first 2 or 3 weeks to satisfy those gamblers that don't want to grind PvM for coin and just wanna get started day 1 on being eco holders. I'm sure they know ways to generate money to maintain the server while also satisfying those hardcore competitive grinders that want an even playing field for the first 2 weeks of grinding for exp and loot. Cheers!

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

• Owner
5 minutes ago, Zeppy said:

Thing is David. You can't survive off of $10,000 a month. It won't even cover your development costs. Well sorry to say but we can hire twice as much within that budget. Qualified Java developers ranging from seniors to a proven resume and proven work experience with references.

Well, your spot isn't hard to take. Just depends if someone decides to do it.  

What are you on about?

I don't take a wage so that figure doesn't include me, I only make money if the server profits. The best developers in the RSPS scene are expensive, you think a qualified java developer is going to leave their career to work on an RSPS? Yeah that looks super good on their resume.

I'm confused on your post, are you stupid or have I misunderstood?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Zeppy said:

They will and do. That's the thing you are not understanding. You see you can pay me $20,000 a month. I'll give you eight guys, yes the top developers in RSPS are expensive, but so are senior developers. 

They will work and they do happily, because it's a legit business with a side deal NDA. 

Have you ever owned a #1 RSPS? You seem to know a lot about pricing lmao. ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, Classic said:

Hardly anybody opens a RSPS these days from a hobby point of view and if you want an active server with players you will need to advertise & pay content creators which isn't cheap.

Private server in 2020 is a business which relies on donations and nobody/not many people are going to donate unless they get something in return for their money.

However there are many different ways of making donating worthy meanwhile not actually fucking up the whole economy or giving iron accounts too massive advantage and here's how or at least the main idea what a donator store could offer:

1) Quality Of Life stuff: Things that generally make the game more easy & smooth for the players

Could be for example a donator zone that makes skilling more smooth & efficient or you get to do farm runs more often depending on your rank & you receive a small boost when picking your herbs from your planted seeds. There could also be for example some sort of slayer points boost or a donator only slayer cave / cheaper instances for boss rooms

2) Unlocking untradable items from the donator store will save time but it won't have a negative impact on the economy (Fire cape,void,dragon defender etc)

3) The higher donator rank you have the more:

A) Minigame points you receive per game (pest control for example) 

B) You get to skip more waves at fight caves & inferno for example

C) More vote points each time you take your time to vote

D) You don't need to pay to repair broken barrows/decanting potions for free

4) Skilling outfits that give you small boost for certain skills could be in the donator store 

5) Maybe there could be an extremely small boost for drop rates if you have +$500 in donations

6) Cosmetics that let you stand out from rest of the players:

A) Rare items that won't have an impact on the economy or give unfair advantage PVP or PVM wise

B) Different tiers of donators can unlock different types of skin colors to stand out

C) Different kind of scrolls in the donator store that will give you small boosts for example: TOB scroll/COX scroll/Gauntlet scroll/Clue scrolls/Drop rate booster/Pet hunting scroll and maybe even some sort of PVP points scroll

This list could go on for quite a long time but this is just a simple example because people should get something in return for their money otherwise they simply won't donate if they don't see a reason to do so but of course it shouldn't be anything that wrecks the economy or gives people a massive advantage compared to other players because that will just demotivate them as well.

For the most part I agree with what you're saying, massive effort put into that reply as well. I think maybe halving the item fixes rather than completely abolishing them may be better from a standpoint of longevity as they act as consistent money sinks. Perhaps even having a benefit which decreases your tax paid when gambling for donators, capped at 50% of that someone would have to pay if they weren't a donator. 

11 hours ago, Classic said:

Hardly anybody opens a RSPS these days from a hobby point of view and if you want an active server with players you will need to advertise & pay content creators which isn't cheap.

Private server in 2020 is a business which relies on donations and nobody/not many people are going to donate unless they get something in return for their money.

However there are many different ways of making donating worthy meanwhile not actually fucking up the whole economy or giving iron accounts too massive advantage and here's how or at least the main idea what a donator store could offer:

1) Quality Of Life stuff: Things that generally make the game more easy & smooth for the players

Could be for example a donator zone that makes skilling more smooth & efficient or you get to do farm runs more often depending on your rank & you receive a small boost when picking your herbs from your planted seeds. There could also be for example some sort of slayer points boost or a donator only slayer cave / cheaper instances for boss rooms

2) Unlocking untradable items from the donator store will save time but it won't have a negative impact on the economy (Fire cape,void,dragon defender etc)

3) The higher donator rank you have the more:

A) Minigame points you receive per game (pest control for example) 

B) You get to skip more waves at fight caves & inferno for example

C) More vote points each time you take your time to vote

D) You don't need to pay to repair broken barrows/decanting potions for free

4) Skilling outfits that give you small boost for certain skills could be in the donator store 

5) Maybe there could be an extremely small boost for drop rates if you have +$500 in donations

6) Cosmetics that let you stand out from rest of the players:

A) Rare items that won't have an impact on the economy or give unfair advantage PVP or PVM wise

B) Different tiers of donators can unlock different types of skin colors to stand out

C) Different kind of scrolls in the donator store that will give you small boosts for example: TOB scroll/COX scroll/Gauntlet scroll/Clue scrolls/Drop rate booster/Pet hunting scroll and maybe even some sort of PVP points scroll

This list could go on for quite a long time but this is just a simple example because people should get something in return for their money otherwise they simply won't donate if they don't see a reason to do so but of course it shouldn't be anything that wrecks the economy or gives people a massive advantage compared to other players because that will just demotivate them as well.

I couldn't have summarized it better myself.

9L5Dyb0.png

Chance of graceful piece being spawned when doing agility? y tho. seems pointless to me, graceful is easy to get. Even the Marks of Grace suggestion, it's really not hard to pick them up on the way around the course, feel like the developers would be wasting their time and could be focusing on more important projects.

Edited by Tim

• Developer
50 minutes ago, Tim said:

Chance of graceful piece being spawned when doing agility? y tho. seems pointless to me, graceful is easy to get. Even the Marks of Grace suggestion, it's really not hard to pick them up on the way around the course, feel like the developers would be wasting their time and could be focusing on more important projects.

I assume they mentioned it because it was a thing on Atlas (during an agility event). That is now taken out though.

53 minutes ago, Tim said:

In atlas we had as hope said, a agility event where graceful peices would spawn and it was exclusively the white graceful that dropped that could not be obtained from anywhere else.
I should add that in in post to make it more clear, thanks ?

9L5Dyb0.png

I like the idea of the farming cape acting as everything & see no reason as to why this shouldn’t be a benefit/perk of being a donator. It’s not exactly game breaking - I’m wondering if there are going to be events like there were back on Atlas too. The farming event with the donator perk stack was brilliant; really hoping that’s carried over.

I wonder if there will be master capes that hold all of the skill perks for that related skill, or if the 99 capes will have perks. On Ikov they made it so that 200m/500m capes had perks while 99 capes had none, but it was also incredibly easy to level skills when you had effigies and other things to level faster. Mainly effigies were broken though.

siggy.png

• Developer
24 minutes ago, Cox said:

I wonder if there will be master capes that hold all of the skill perks for that related skill, or if the 99 capes will have perks. On Ikov they made it so that 200m/500m capes had perks while 99 capes had none, but it was also incredibly easy to level skills when you had effigies and other things to level faster. Mainly effigies were broken though.

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Update:Skill_Cape_Perks

36 minutes ago, king said:

Didn't know half of these effects, struggling to see the point of 99 atk giving you free access to warriors guild, by that point you've surely got yourself the defender, if not multiple 

Exactly, I really wish they'd revamp some effects

siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:54 AM, Ollie V1 said:

Disagree. No support. Should be replicating OSRS not giving such a advantage for donators and store buyers to ruin economy straight away. 

If you want a replicated OSRS server release one and watch it die or... stay with me now.... play OSRS? Now as long as their are no items that play a huge advantage into PvM or

PvP content the store shouldn't be too overpowered. The idea to have some incentives when donating keeps the server running. If all RsPs didn't have a donation system or store, they would cease to exist. @David All I ask is to not allow higher donator ranks to have private areas to kill bosses. Ex: SpawnPk, they have areas for PvMers to kill Wildy bosses outside the wilderness with a slightly less drop rate but it's AFKable to the max. Also Fuck SpawnPk toxic server with terrible content.

Sasuke Killer Bee.gif

Sasuke Chidori.gif

On 6/30/2020 at 2:36 AM, Sasuke said:

If you want a replicated OSRS server release one and watch it die or... stay with me now.... play OSRS? Now as long as their are no items that play a huge advantage into PvM or

PvP content the store shouldn't be too overpowered. The idea to have some incentives when donating keeps the server running. If all RsPs didn't have a donation system or store, they would cease to exist. @David All I ask is to not allow higher donator ranks to have private areas to kill bosses. Ex: SpawnPk, they have areas for PvMers to kill Wildy bosses outside the wilderness with a slightly less drop rate but it's AFKable to the max. Also Fuck SpawnPk toxic server with terrible content.

I would prefer a membership system to give slight perks in the sense of a slight XP increase or drop rate rather then items and rares and boxes to open. Obviously more added to membership not just those two points I stated. 

People play RSPS for the speed of training and getting to where you want to be faster...most of us are grown up adults and don't have time as we work etc from old school players from 06 onwards. ?

4 hours ago, Ollie V1 said:

I would prefer a membership system to give slight perks in the sense of a slight XP increase or drop rate rather then items and rares and boxes to open. Obviously more added to membership not just those two points I stated. 

People play RSPS for the speed of training and getting to where you want to be faster...most of us are grown up adults and don't have time as we work etc from old school players from 06 onwards. ?

For this reason in your second paragraph the ::store will have items that kids/teens/students can grind for with their extra time, but adults can donate to save us the time that we would be spending at work instead. Typical things that you'll find in any ::store like high-tier skilling supplies (i.e. rune bars, frost dragon bones, magic logs), gear that is not best-in-slot, cosmetics like partyhats and custom outfits, and then some variety of mystery boxes that have a relatively low value but could potentially yield some higher value items in the ::store. 

I know that @David confirmed that there would be some crossing of "live chat" staff between here and Ikov since you don't need to know a lot of information about one server's specifics to assist people with payment methods. However, I also believe there's going to be a very similar structure to the ::store to allow those in live chat to be able to answer as many questions as possible for those that will be queuing up from both servers. 

In the end, the most important factor is Ikov's success. If you know, as the owner, that your ::store didn't interfere with the #1 server... as the old saying goes: "Don't fix what ain't broke!"

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

• 4 weeks later...

I support most of these, especially the small QoL add-ons that make it worth paying for donator rank. 

1. Have Probita ensure your pets for a smaller cost until it gets free for the highest donor level.
  2.  I know Atlas did not have one but I heavily favor a donor zone but have it contain skilling and maybe a rock crab location? Such as thieving stalls some mining location < Not sure how you all will feel about that one. 
  3.  Godwars KC is reduced by your rank as well. 
  4. Reduce the cost of instanced boss/pvm locations until they become close to or nothing for the highest donor rank. 
  5. Will edit with other ideas when I figure them out.

LER SIGGY 1!.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner
On 8/8/2020 at 5:27 PM, Skilla said:

Just don't add tbow or scythe into the store ? 

They will never be in the store or even accessible from anything other than cox/tob. This includes mystery boxes, you won't find such items in them.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...