Wilderness Suggestions Changes & Incentives

Fergus

Anyone who currently pk's knows that currently the main reason that it's suffering so much right now is because there's only 1 place to pk at, why? Simply put theres no reason for anyone else to be in the wildy other than the 1 pk loc (chaos altar) because there's very few wildy incentives.

One of the main things a pker does when he logs into a new server is normally go check out edge and how active it is. Ours is deserted and isn't a great first impression on people joining the server, more on that below.

Wildy Incentives

• Add wildy keys
    Make resource give  significant bonus xp, something like double xp.  it's absolutely deserted even with a teleport right to the door.
  • Wilderness slayer needs a massive buff, a significant increase in xp or something, there's still barely anyone doing wildy slayer at all.
  • Shooting star - it's not 07 content but it's a nice event that brings alot of the community together for some nice xp, it spawns every x hours and there'd be a few locations inside the wildy which make pkers/teams fight over control of the star.
  • Some sort of benefit to edge pking, we're 2 and a half weeks into the server there's yet to be 1 edge pker (yes I know most dh fights/brid/nh fights take place at edge pvp) but why would anyone want to d scim rune pk when the supplies cost simply outweights the rune set/bm they're going to get.
  • Weekly/monthly/daily rewards for the most active pkers (total kills). Took this from another server and the top 3 pkers of the week receive 07gp and top 10 would receive blood money(prizes can be scaled back or increased, up for debate etc). fGsSyOe.png

General Suggestions/changes

• Please fix npc aggro, it's so bad. This is so problematic for single pking. Ankous are stupid and even at hobs with 10 people and a cannon you struggle to kill just a solo right now
  • Ornate maul handle needs lowered tremendously from pkp store, to about 200pkp
  • You don't get cash from killing someone with the maul, instead you get the maul and handle. You're supposed to lose the handle n get cash (not sure if this is intentional cause you don't want pure cash coming in this way?)
  • Please add parchments to blood money store lms is too dead and when its not it's world 1 it's active. Rather not struggle to find a lms game for 30 min spamming yell then play lms off ping
  • 5m to parchment is way too much, lower this to 2m, perhaps 2.5m. 
  • You also don't get the cash from killing someone with a parchmented item right now.
  • Make wildy crab teles tradeable.

Galvek

Anyone who's a pker with knowledge know's all the galvek drops are fairly useless or  completely minimal use items other than a vls. 

So here's some changes I suggest.

• Make vesta spear useable on corp. It's so much rarer than a zammy spear and would give it at least 1 use in the game?
  • If you pk you know zuriel's staff is 10% magic dmg and mainly only used for outlasting because of the extra healing from blood barrage. There's completely zero reason to use it over a sotd or toxic staff given tsotd is 15%, has a spec bar to 1t specs AND you can staff spec if needed to tank. I suggest buffing it to 15% to match TSOTD. This gives it 1 use in the game just like vesta spear and it's to focus with because of it's effect with ice spells 
  • The Zuriel's staff has a passive effect which boosts Ancient Magicks combat spells when equipped:
  • Ice spells - 10% increased accuracy. (this is what a zuriel staff does)
  • This still barely makes it better than a toxic staff cause of the less magic bonus it offers and the above points I brought up.  (before all the ironmen, skillers and captain jack sparrow jump to no support this one this literally does not effect you at all as it can only be used in wild, i'd like to hear the thoughts of other pkers/teams outside of my own).
  • Stat hammer can stay the way it is so it doesn't devalue Dragon warhammers and morrigan javs axes don't need changed either.

Ancient Caskets

• Ancient caskets were a nice addition, I like them. There's too many multi locations though. Add another 2-3 single spawns.
  • You shoudn't be able to drop the casket.
    You shoudn't be able to attack someone back with the casket (this prevents boxing with it)
  • When a lower level is attacking someone with the casket, for example, a pure or a lvl 3 in 20 wilderness, any combat level should be able to hit that person off the person with the casket. (this prevents level 3's just boxing the person with the casket and no-one can hit the level 3)
  • You shoudn't be able to log out with the casket (another method to drop trade it)

•  

• Shooting star - it's not 07 content but it's a nice event that brings alot of the community together for some nice xp, it spawns every x hours and there'd be a few locations inside the wildy which make pkers/teams fight over control of the star.

+1 to this because it's a nice feature to the game there needs to be more custom content to the game regardless if it's not 1:1, people enjoy small nice custom stuff like this, stop being scared of adding little things like this to the game because it may feel like it will not fit in with how the game is. Its good experience and also can be used to make some good cash. If there's pvp locations in the wilderness pkers can fight to get some kills and fight other clans trying to do the same thing.  Everything else I support. The wilderness is dead content. Wilderness keys will also make people to start going out and do those keys in the wildy. There's legit no incentive to go to the wilderness at all, expect to go kill naked people at Chaos Altar to get some blood money here and there and a wilderness boss that spawns every 3 hours.

Edited by Zexy

• Wilderness slayer needs a massive buff, a significant increase in xp or something, there's still barely anyone doing wildy slayer at all.
  •  
  • +1 atleast in ikov it was worth doing wildy slayer cus we got wildy keys and emblems which gave us cash and the current rewards for wildy slayer atm arent really worth it rather go get a boss task and try my luck there.
Edited by Mait26

Implementing wilderness keys and the shooting star, is a step into the right direction. Personally, when it comes to Wilderness Keys, their would have to be a fine line between balanced and unbalanced loot. Preferably, it would have to be one of the better money making methods in the game. Recent wilderness incentives that have been added have promoted zero wilderness activity. 

Galvek in general was the biggest disappointment in the eyes of many clans. The drop table needs a complete rework. Unique table needs more and rates need to be more common.

The chest needs less spawns. Especially the multi locations. If clans or teams want to fight for the chest it has to have static locations and very few of them.

Tldr; Wilderness needs change and it needs it now.

Edited by dwings

• Add wildy keys      -> sure i would support this, it's one of the things i liked on ikov <-

• Make resource give  significant bonus xp, something like double xp.  it's absolutely deserted even with a teleport right to the door.  >- deep wildy already gives some bonus xp, could be buffed a bit <-
  •  
  • Wilderness slayer needs a massive buff, a significant increase in xp or something, there's still barely anyone doing wildy slayer at all. -> wildy slayer needs a buff agreed, how that's to be done is a lot harder to determine. <-
  •  
  • Shooting star - it's not 07 content but it's a nice event that brings alot of the community together for some nice xp, it spawns every x hours and there'd be a few locations inside the wildy which make pkers/teams fight over control of the star. -> no comment, i personally feel like theres enough pvp team content right now (galvek, ancient casket) but that might just be my opinion <-
  • Ancient caskets were a nice addition, I like them. There's too many multi locations. Add another 2-3 single spawns. ( you just asked for team content above?)
  •  
  • Some sort of benefit to edge pking, we're 2 and a half weeks into the server there's yet to be 1 edge pker (yes I know most dh fights/brid/nh fights take place at edge pvp) but why would anyone want to d scim rune pk when the supplies cost simply outweights the rune set/bm they're going to get. -> i wouldent mind to see edge be active, the issue is if theres no reward people wont do it, so balancing that is a nightmare. <-

• Weekly/monthly/daily rewards for the most active pkers (total kills). Took this from another server and the top 3 pkers of the week receive 07gp and top 10 would receive blood money(prizes can be scaled back or increased, up for debate etc).  -> support, this could be made for pvm events as well <-

Unpopular oppinion, don't support.

Wildy is dead, no matter what you do it's dead, it'll be dead forever no one wants to PK and pkers who do pk just want to kill pvmers/skillers. 

Problems - too many wildy teleports, why would a pvmer fight back when someone can quickly teleport directly to a spot a target is at? instead of having to run and get to that certain place? the pvmer/skiller could fight back and stand a chance but has 0 chance.

Please tell me how it would be fun to go agaist these players with the OP weapons? If you're a new brid and you have some guy with all the top tier stuff ruining the wildy, that player has now made the wilderness dead - teleporting to every location you don't stand a chance

Shooting stars - dead content, the only people using it would be ironman/skillers which people will just kill for fun? Ancient chests were good but it's the same person who gets every time 

Wildy altar is only alive because even if you lose a few bones it's better than your POH, again same story same guy on 3 accounts different levels pking people for 28 bones. 

Adding a weekly kill leadboard? that's just gonna be a guy boosting it on other accounts/killing whoever is in the wild, creating a toxic wilderness of clue scroll hunters/ironmen/pvmers - yes they're in the wild but you guys want to fight pkers? it's bad enough the 1k player kill challenge.

Simply put, pkers want to kill other players that are easy to kill,

Wildy is dead, will always be dead - buff LMS shop, remove all the god damn teleports to all the places in the wild, you can't fight back because a team or a second account is 15 seconds away 

Edited by GIM Tom

+1  Wildy keys are a must there is very little low level content to make decent cash early game 

Mining is the worst skill to train in zaros yes shooting star is not strictly 07 content but nether is instances bosses or 3 wave inferno star would make mining enjoyable/better than all the methods we currently have 

Great suggestion overall 👍

16 minutes ago, GIM Tom said:

Unpopular oppinion, don't support.

Wildy is dead, no matter what you do it's dead, it'll be dead forever no one wants to PK and pkers who do pk just want to kill pvmers/skillers. 

Problems - too many wildy teleports, why would a pvmer fight back when someone can quickly teleport directly to a spot a target is at? instead of having to run and get to that certain place? the pvmer/skiller could fight back and stand a chance but has 0 chance.

Please tell me how it would be fun to go agaist these players with the OP weapons? If you're a new brid and you have some guy with all the top tier stuff ruining the wildy, that player has now made the wilderness dead - teleporting to every location you don't stand a chance

Shooting stars - dead content, the only people using it would be ironman/skillers which people will just kill for fun? Ancient chests were good but it's the same person who gets every time  - not true, other pkers go there to kill skillers leading to the other pkers going to that loc too, the whole issue pking on zaros suffers from is theres not enough locs to actually pk at

Wildy altar is only alive because even if you lose a few bones it's better than your POH, again same story same guy on 3 accounts different levels pking people for 28 bones. 

Adding a weekly kill leadboard? that's just gonna be a guy boosting it on other accounts/killing whoever is in the wild, creating a toxic wilderness of clue scroll hunters/ironmen/pvmers - yes they're in the wild but you guys want to fight pkers? it's bad enough the 1k player kill challenge.  - boosting can easily be detected by the staff team?

Simply put, pkers want to kill other players that are easy to kill,

Wildy is dead, will always be dead - buff LMS shop, remove all the god damn teleports to all the places in the wild, you can't fight back because a team or a second account is 15 seconds away 

It's basically you saying that the wildy is dead because there are no clans left because you had to ally with the whole server. 

So this is the reason your clan can't find pkers anymore, that is why u are suggesting to buff galvek items for the team to farm it as there is no1 to contest it. 

Asking vesta spear to be buffed mainly for corp so your team can mass farm corp

And buffing wildy and resource area xp for your team to run around in max cape as no1 will go to the wildy because you guys will be massed at those spots.

There is a reason that players don't come to the wildy because no1 wants to waste their time to get hit by a mass recruited clan.

Once again "you guys might be the reason why this wilderness is dead" so either stop the alliance or stop asking to buff wildy content, since no1 is gonna go to the wildy even with buffed updates. 

The people who support this must be the people in your mass recruited team, as u probably asked them to support this thread. 

Edited by Kaneki

4 minutes ago, Kaneki said:

It's basically you saying that the wildy is dead because there are no clans left because you had to ally with the whole server. 

So this is the reason your clan can't find pkers anymore, that is why u are suggesting to buff galvek items for the team to farm it as there is no1 to contest it. 

And buffing wildy and resource area xp for your team to run around in max cape as no1 will go to the wildy because you guys will be massed at those spots.

There is a reason that players don't come to the wildy because no1 wants to waste their time to get hit by a mass recruited clan.

Once again "you guys might be the reason why this wilderness is dead" so either stop the alliance or stop asking to buff wildy content, since no1 is gonna go to the wildy even with buffed updates. 

The people who support this must be the people in your mass recruited team, as u probably asked them to support this thread. 

Lemme guess you're from Blacknans, you can't be serious crying about an alliance after 8 teams merged to fight us..? And this has nothing to do with single pking, all the things that you are saying is based on multi pking. The thread is mostly for single pking 😉 

OT: Good ideas, would love some new content for the Wilderness.

4 minutes ago, Kaneki said:

K1ZeCIG.png

I want what's best for the future of the game. The wilderness boss has 6 unique drops to which 5 are almost entirely useless or have extremely minimal uses.

And buffing wildy and resource area xp for your team to run around in max cape as no1 will go to the wildy because you guys will be massed at those spots. - Yep you sure got me bro were massing up to go chop some trees inside resource !

Get off my thread.

+1 Support, very nice thread. 

As in for resource area, first of all it costs 75k to enter which is too damn high, 7,5k should be more fitting. 

In the teleports it should be added in skills teleports under wildy agility course teleport as its only in pking teleports currently. 

Its called resource area, not resource arena which is what its called in teleports.

If not double xp, maybe it could give like a 20% chance to receive a noted potion (brew, restore, prayer potion, Super combat) Or some other kind of supply, anglerfish? Addy bars? Stuff like that

Edited by Odd

31 minutes ago, Fergus said:

And buffing wildy and resource area xp for your team to run around in max cape as no1 will go to the wildy because you guys will be massed at those spots. - Yep you sure got me bro were massing up to go chop some trees inside resource !

spacer.png   Seems like I do got you as u don't skill and will only skill with buffed xp

Just stop, u are embarassing yourself. U pretty much got exposed that the suggestions u listed is o nly profitable for you and your team.