Pvm is fine, Let's focus on pking rework.

Medic

Hello all, 

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I apologise in advance for any spelling or grammatical errors.

soo.. where to start. Well, I think we all agree that Zaros is a great server but having been one of many players grinding away daily to reach riches, there are a few things really lacking and I would like to speak solely on the Wilderness. in order to keep this thread short and easily understood, please find below points:

• Change ::50swildy to ::50s for ease of teleporting, but prompt before teleporting to prevent luring.
  •  
  • PVP open world & 1.5xp for skillers -- this could be a world where players would be prompted upon login, and all areas are dangerous zones. this could be great as the pvp world would provide a constant 1.5xp bonus which benefits both pvmers and skillers alike. instead of a wilderness casket, a locked casket could spawn in say, Varrock sawmill, Mogre point via port sarim or White wolf mountain etc. this provides the opportunity for both pkers and pvmers to capture the locked chest all while reaping the rewards of claiming a kill or that bonus world xp!. caskets can be unlocked by taking it to a specific location. on this world teleport delays occur giving you a 10 second teleport delay timer.

Remove some of the pvp teleports. -- keep the main ones: ::50s / ::mb / ::gdz / lava maze entrance (kbd) / ::easts & ::wests. this give balance around the wildy and then implements a purpose for stamina potions and doesnt allow pkers just to pop up at pvming zones. more likely to bring pvmers into the wildy.

Falling Star event and/or similar. -- create an event which provides a source of an item that can only provide a limited number to each player. this prevents clans of pkers mass camping the event as each player can only gain a limited amount and also provides a resourced item in note form to pvmers, skillers and ironman based accounts. come to think of it, give the ironman accounts double the volume compared to other account types. this brings ironman into the "risk zone" of the wilderness. want noted anglerfish? here is your chance ironmen.

Wilderness daily task list -- how to bring pvmers and pkers together. well, I have been thinking and so far, I feel that a task list system could be implemented. as we know, the main locations for pkers at the moment are ::mb, chaos alter and revs. lets add a 5 item task list system which would be something like: 1) kill 2 scorpia / 2) kill 70 ankou / 3) slain 50 green dragons / 4) retrieve 100 mahogany planks from revenants / 5) complete 3 wilderness slayer tasks. you will have a 12 / 24 hour limit to complete all 5 tasks and if successful, generously rewarded. galvek is a great opportunity for pkers to camp why not give something back to the pvmers but with risk? this provides more pvmer vs pker content. (happy to put together a list of tasks to be added if this were to be considered and something to cover even the strangest of locations in the wilderness) remember, also adding a requirement to bring (x amount of wealth) into the wildy while carrying out tasks is required. no risk without reward.

Bounty Hunter reward shop and points system -- I am not sure if the bounty hunter system is working or not but, I think it may be due to the lack of numbers actually in the wilderness. provide a Bounty Hunter reward shop along with points system to give the pkers something to hunt for.

Pkers have tournements, why not add a tournement for skillers/pvmers? -- could set a task each day for the person with most kills of a certain monster or, most of item made or resourced wins a scroll? gives more incentive to play and changes it up abit for non pking accounts.

Clan Cup -- i think this is an obvious one however, changes need to be made to bring activity to the wildy and game in respect to pking. this can come at a later date but just noted this down to ensure i do not forget it 🙂 Suggestion by Heulen : Suggestion to Clan Cup: Only verified CCs can enter it. We dont want the leaderboards to be littered with random CCs that have like 2 members (Verified CC: A Clan that has been manually checked and verified that is a real functioning clan that has active and consistent members)

Those who specifically wish to pk (clan content) -- make a seperate world, provide a ::pure or ::main command and give new players 10m starter cash. cash cannot be trade and can not be exchanged on death, only items. this world has access to everything worlds 1 & 2 do however, provides a generous startup for those wanting to buy gear to edge pk or pk with this clans. now you may be asking yourself, "wilderness will be dead content as there will be no pvmers?" well, this can be tackled by allowing those who started up on what is considered to be the (Pking world) the opportunity to gain access to world 1 & 2. in order to secure the economy, the accounts created on the (Pking world) would have to have atleast 6 hours playtime to prevent mass account creation and pay back the 10m gp loan they receive on startup. this timeframe should be sufficient enough to allow the eco to remain stable. 

Edgeville pking & Blood Money -- provide an increased amount of blood money on death. for example, give 15 blood coins per edgeville death / 10 per death beyond 10-55 wildy and 20 blood coins per Bounty Target kill in addition to Bounty points system suggested above.

seperate from the above wilderness related points, please can we add a Well of goodwill? we could set a target of 100m gp that needs to be deposited before providing events such as, 10% tob boost / 10% cox boost / 1.5x xp 6 or 12 hour boost. etc etc. just throwing this out there but may require more thought on this for a great money sink and great opportunities.

I will continue to think of ideas which hopefully may get considered and thank you for the opportunity. any suggestions you may have, please @me and i will add them.

Medic 🙂

Edited by Medic

• Medic changed the title to Pvm is fine, Let's focus on pking rework.
13 minutes ago, Medic said:

Wilderness daily task list -- how to bring pvmers and pkers together. well, I have been thinking and so far, I feel that a task list system could be implemented. as we know, the main locations for pkers at the moment is ::mb, chaos alter and revs. lets add a 5 item task list system which would be something like: 1) kill 2 scorpia / 2) kill 70 ankou / 3) slain 50 green dragons / 4) retrieve 100 mahogany planks from revenants / 5) completed 2 wilderness slayer tasks. you will have a 12 / 24 hour limit to complete all 5 tasks and if successful, generously rewarded. galvek is a great opportunity for pkers to camp why not give something back to the pvmers but with risk? this provides more pvmer vs pker content. (happy to put together a list of tasks to be added if this were to be considered and something to cover even the strangest of locations in the wilderness) remember, also adding a requirement to bring (x amount of wealth) into the wildy while carrying out tasks is required. no risk without reward i am afraid.

Love this idea, I think this would definitely help bring the Pking scene alive. Or just a daily task in general where they could get a cash reward/Maybe bonus xp.

For edge pking, could we add an armours set npc, he would sell different sets for a cheap amount of gp. Pure Set/Rune Set/Basic Hybrid set and possibly make it a x2 Blood Money zone permanently? 

Edited by Diamond

⚒️Beta Tester⚒️

Just now, Medic said:

i will add this as a suggestion 🙂 keep the ideas flowing.

3 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Love this idea, I think this would definitely help bring the Pking scene alive. Or just a daily task in general where they could get a cash reward/Maybe bonus xp.

For edge pking, could we add an armours set npc, he would sell different sets for a cheap amount of gp. Pure Set/Rune Set/Basic Hybrid set and possibly make it a x2 Blood Money zone permanently? 

2 hours ago, Medic said:

PVP open world & 1.5xp for skillers -- this could be a world where players would be prompted upon login, and all areas are dangerous zones. this could be great as the pvp world would provide a constant 1.5xp bonus which benefits both pvmers and skillers alike. instead of a wilderness casket, a locked casket could spawn in say, Varrock sawmill, Mogre point via port sarim or White wolf mountain etc. this provides the opportunity for both pkers and pvmers to capture the locked chest all while reaping the rewards of claiming a kill or that bonus world xp!. caskets can be unlocked by taking it to a specific location. on this world teleport delays occur giving you a 10 second teleport delay timer.

This idea alone can help save pvp breh +1.

The open pk world seems nice, but I just can’t wrap my head around the 1.5x XP for skillers. All it takes is carrying a home teletab (one inv space) or wearing a glory (no wasted invy space) and they’re gone for good. It’s too easy, the “grind” wouldn’t be worth it and everyone would be maxed in no time. There needs to be a tele block of some sort, maybe not permanent but maybe a delay after combat starts. 

Very detailed post & I love all the ideas.

Think you have more or less covered the areas that need focus.

I massively love the idea of a PVP world, would make things more interesting. Instead of bringing World 3 back as a safe world, could use it for a dangerous world.

A lot of the clans and pkers aren’t playing zaros at the moment due to the wilderness having a lack of reason, and that’s a massive area in the current RSPS Scene because nobody PK’s on 2007 anymore, so they use a RSPS for that reason.

Could potentially add F2P PVP Areas in the PVP World so that people who don’t know how to PK, can learn using basic gear and not have to worry about loosing valuable items they’ve worked hard for too. Could maybe help the PVP player base grow.

5 hours ago, not so good said:

The open pk world seems nice, but I just can’t wrap my head around the 1.5x XP for skillers. All it takes is carrying a home teletab (one inv space) or wearing a glory (no wasted invy space) and they’re gone for good. It’s too easy, the “grind” wouldn’t be worth it and everyone would be maxed in no time. There needs to be a tele block of some sort, maybe not permanent but maybe a delay after combat starts. 

true which is why i said a 10 second teleport timer could be added. just like Dmm in osrs.

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic