More Wilderness/LMS Suggestions

Fake Harry

Most of the current wilderness events simply cater to clans and it kind of sucks for solo pkers like myself. I can't do ancient caskets because I'll get fucked by 20+ members, and I can't do Galvek for the same reason. 

I can't have fun nh pking deep wilderness because I will get PJed and clan banged due to the pj timers which is same as OSRS but since our population is way lower, would be nice if it got switched to DMM pj timers where if you're in combat, you cannot be PJed. Something like this would be huge for single PKers and would make us be more active in those areas, but this is indeed a debatable topic.

I can't pk at edge because it's dead, and as you said, the supplies cost is a lot. Maybe add better changes to make it profittable so people can actually make more $/h than doing basic things like thieving or basic bosses compared to PKing at edge. This could be done by improving the bm shop, giving more bm for kills at edge, adding ancient stattues/other stattues to be exchanged for bm or coins, etc. 

LMS has a lot of flaws atm in its current state, and I can tell you these flaws in detail because I probably have one of the most wins in the game currently and clearly have a lot of experience regarding the matter, not to mention I was rank #25 on OSRS in LMS when I played OSRS.

Pj timers still need to be increased by atleast 5 seconds so you're given proper time to fix inventory/open key and will have no disadvantage in a 3 people left situation where you kill your opponent and the third player starts attacking you while you are fixing up inventory.

People can still take 98 damage from one player, freeze the player and dd under, attack a different player and get hit once and the key goes to the final damage player rather than the most damage player. BROKEN.

Spawns are still a joke in LMS, you can have an even number of players like 8/8 10/10 and sometimes still spawn far away alone from the person you should be fighting.

On OSRS, you get "Bloodier Key" which is basically the key that gives OP loot like vlses, dclaws, swh, etc, only when there's 5 or less people alive and that makes sense. You don't want to hand out such OP weps on first kills when everyone's in black dhide/mystic, yet atm on Zaros, it's the other way around. You are given a bloodier key when there's >5 people alive and a normal Bloody key when there's <= 5 people, most likely a bug, but it needs to be fixed. Currently, it's more benefical to get a kill in the beginning rather than towards the end.

The LMS shop is so ass, no wonder why it's not as popular as it has the potential to be. I seriously have to spend like 30 points on some bs paints that I can buy from trading post for 50k ea? Arrows/runes? Makes sense for ironmen but not really for regular players to literally spend 15+ minutes per game on getting shit loot like that. On OSRS, atleast you can get VLS and I think you should be able to get PVP items such as that from the LMS shop, or atleast other better upgrades. Why tf would I grind hours to buy an ugly cosmetic outfit for 450 LMS points? 

The ping as you mentioned is kind of ass in LMS. Item switching feels slower, it's hard to 1tick dds from a regular non-special attack weapon, sometimes prayers feel a little delayed. These things affect the combat in a very major way and should indeed be improved on to make LMS as enjoyable as it holds the potential to be.

Currently, the "Rank" system in LMS does not work. I think that would also be a cool addition to have.

I agree with both LMS not being rewarded enough, and also based on what your saying it should be fixed as in the minigame itself, personally for me I never bother going to it because it doesn't seem rewarding enough for me. Also the only time I do pk is single pking at edge (mainly dh / no armour) and there aren't many other people who do that on here, so increasing the rewards for single pkers is a +1 as well for me to get that side of the pking community some perks and become more active.

BIG SUPPORT ON PJ TIMERS. 

As it currently is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to pk at kbd. Greater demons/chaos fanatic pj you before a barrage animation even finishes. Whether you change the pj timers for wildy 20+ or all of it. Something needs to be done. 

also as Harry stated, the Lms pj timers need a major boost. Spending 15 minutes in a game then dying in 2nd place because you didn’t have time to rearrange your inventory or loot your last chest you deserved is a major inconvenience. 

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic