Bounty Hunter and it's effect on HC's and others

EliteKen

Yesterday I posted on the discord suggestions sections about the issue with the new bounty hunter update and it's effects on hardcore ironman. I thought it would be more productive to post it here. 

The bounty hunter update means wilderness is 100% suicide for hardcore Ironmen. I do every wilderness clue, have the god capes and was beginning the grind for infinity. I've been chanced 5 times already and that's totally fine, that's the risk. However, since targets can teleport directly to me at any time, anywhere in the wild, it would be stupid to go anywhere in the wild, it's certain death. Especially since the bh teleport spell is automatically unlocked.  On osrs I would be able to go to non bounty world and still run the risk of dying but since both worlds are bounty hunter the risk is far greater than any potential reward. The penalty system doesn't work either, so I can't just skip until I am unable to receive a target for a set amount of time. I understand bounty hunter is intended to increase pking, but it is at the expense of hardcores ability to take a calculated risk, should they choose to. It's unbalanced, and  I don't think ill be back in the wildy until something changes if at all.  

I suggest the following. Allowing an opt out of target system or making world 2 non bh, or fixing the penalty system so that you get penalized for skipping to often. Otherwise it cuts off wilderness achievements and activities entirely for hardcores who would normally take the risk because the risk now is certain death. 

For what it's worth, in the discord suggestions section this post got 14 upvotes of affirmation. 

Edited by EliteKen

• EliteKen changed the title to Bounty Hunter and it's effect on HC's and others

Although I have yet to step foot in the wilderness, when I do choose to take that risk for MA2 cape - I can definitely see this being an issue.

It's a tricky one. They don't want us to be able to reap the benefits of pking (access to the shop) - but want us to have all of the negative side effects. It doesn't seem balanced at all and I feel Ironmen (who are actually quite a large population on this server) have been neglected since the start of release. 

An Ironman focused update would be great to see and I think the wilderness would be a core component of that.

Edited by Slayex

The true problem is MA2 bosses are auto spawn for all players, instead of finding your own spawn. It is easily campable already. 

Also the killing other players achievements for HCIM. Although doing achievements really aren't worth anything anyways, i understand wanting to be a completionist.

+1 for w2 being non BH. I don't believe you should be able to opt out of the target system, mainly because the wilderness was designed for PvP, and risk.

2 hours ago, Slayex said:

Although I have yet to step foot in the wilderness, when I do choose to take that risk for MA2 cape - I can definitely see this being an issue.

It's a tricky one. They don't want us to be able to reap the benefits of pking (access to the shop) - but want us to have all of the negative side effects. It doesn't seem balanced at all and I feel Ironmen (who are actually quite a large population on this server) have been neglected since the start of release. 

An Ironman focused update would be great to see and I think the wilderness would be a core component of that.

I agree with this sentiment. 

1 hour ago, Rapunzel said:

The true problem is MA2 bosses are auto spawn for all players, instead of finding your own spawn. It is easily campable already. 

Also the killing other players achievements for HCIM. Although doing achievements really aren't worth anything anyways, i understand wanting to be a completionist.

+1 for w2 being non BH. I don't believe you should be able to opt out of the target system, mainly because the wilderness was designed for PvP, and risk.

Yeah MA2 is very easy, when I started I prepared for two days only to then find out it was one boss that's entirely static, it killed the fun for my imo. 

Kill other players is automatically unlocked achievement for hardcores as are the kill streak achievements. 

If they fix the penalty system that would be fine, it means I can get the penalty and go run around without the ability for a maxed pker to come and snipe me. I still risk being found and killed but it's at least reasonable. Also the penalty system should work because without you can skip until you get your friend and abuse the mechanic, with the penalty system you cant do this. 

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic