Anti-hacking security feature

Crowns

On Ikov there was a feature that required you to enter your bank pin (either at a bank or by using ::enterpin) after logging in, before your account could trade, take items/gear off, or drop items. I think this would be a nice security feature to have added and would make the server safer all around.

Currently, the only way to protect your items/gear from potential hackers is to remove all of it and put them in the bank every time you log out. I do this every time I log out, but it would be nice to be able to log out and pick back up right where you left off, without having to worry about getting hacked and losing everything equipped/in your inventory.

1 hour ago, Crowns said:

On Ikov there was a feature that required you to enter your bank pin (either at a bank or by using ::enterpin) after logging in, before your account could trade, take items/gear off, or drop items. I think this would be a nice security feature to have added and would make the server safer all around.

Currently, the only way to protect your items/gear from potential hackers is to remove all of it and put them in the bank every time you log out. I do this every time I log out, but it would be nice to be able to log out and pick back up right where you left off, without having to worry about getting hacked and losing everything equipped/in your inventory.

Anything that adds security to someone’s account is a +1 from me. 

43 minutes ago, Crowns said:

I do have it enabled, still just a peace of mind thing. Maybe it’s just overkill.

The fact is whenever ANY ip other than the one YOU have accepted, tries to log onto your account, a new auth is required to be able to log in, again which only you have access to. Ontop of of that, only one IP can be "accepted" at a time. let's say: e.g: You log in on your mates IP at his house and accept the 2fa. when you get home and then have to reaccept the 2fa with your new 6 digit number. He will not be able to log in to your account, because the accept resets. This is safe. just some info, if you didn't already know. anyway, i support yuor suggestion, as why not. security is always good

Edited by Shanezz

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic