Running Vanilla Client[Workaround]

FTWImCody

Some people prefer the vanilla client over the Runelite client so in this guide I will show you how to "disable" the RuneLite client..

1. Navigate to your AppData/Local folder
    C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Zaros
  2. Right Click Zaros.exe and Send To > Desktop(Shortcut)
    spacer.png

3. Right Click Shortcut on Desktop and Click Properties
    spacer.png

4. Add --clientargs="--vanilla" to the Target Field after the "C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Zaros\Zaros.exe" like this:
    C:\Users\cmcne\AppData\Local\Zaros\Zaros.exe --clientargs="--vanilla"
  5. Launch Zaros.exe from the shortcut you just created! And you are done, you now have the Vanilla Client to play on without all the crazy plugins 😄
    spacer.png

If this helped you in any way, please feel free to like the post!

P.S: Thanks @Polarfor help with this guide via Beta Chat 😄

Edited by FTWImCody

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just now, Kharyrll said:

It's crazy to me that people prefer this over runelite, but I've actually met more people than you'd think that prefer it. Great guide, very detailed.

I know some people prefer it because there computers tend to lag if they have too much going on at the same time, I prefer Runelite 100% more but it was asked for in Support chat in-game so I made the guide 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just now, FTWImCody said:

I know some people prefer it because there computers tend to lag if they have too much going on at the same time, I prefer Runelite 100% more but it was asked for in Support chat in-game so I made the guide 😄

Ah yeah very true didn't even think of that. Well either way, great work bud.

10 minutes ago, Kharyrll said:

It's crazy to me that people prefer this over runelite, but I've actually met more people than you'd think that prefer it. Great guide, very detailed.

I got 2 pc, one is normal, runs like machine, another is notebook and I can't even turn a camera around when I log in cuz of that GPU plugin on runelite.

Thanks alot for a guide, will try it soon!