Software Development

king

Easy lads, 

Didn't know where to post this but seems fit to be in here. By nature I'm frontend, but I am interested in learning some Java. Predominantly JavaScript, ReactJS & Node at the moment with the obvious bits of HTML & SCSS.

Is anyone else here a developer?

Hey king, I do web development (html, css, nodejs, JavaScript, mongo, nosql, reactJS) pretty much what you listed but also backend such as databases and of the liking. Ive always wanted to get into java but i want to be extremely comfortable with any web development first.

2 hours ago, Vulkar said:

Hey king, I do web development (html, css, nodejs, JavaScript, mongo, nosql, reactJS) pretty much what you listed but also backend such as databases and of the liking. Ive always wanted to get into java but i want to be extremely comfortable with any web development first.

See this is the issue I'm having with Java, I don't really want to fully delve into it as I'm concerned it may confuse my frontend libraries. Hit me a PM we'll link up in game mate. 

• 5 months later...

My current full time job is actually software developer 😄 I graduated college with a 3.6 GPA in dual major Computer Science: Software Development and Computer Science: Web Development. I am familiar with HTML5/CSS3, SQL, PHP, JavaScript on the Web End of things. Python, Lua and C# on the Software part of things..I usually work with Python mostly but love tinkering around with different languages...Java is the next one on my list actually 😛 Nice to see other developers and definitely hit me up in PM and we can chat about programming a bit 😊

Edited by FTWImCody

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 6/12/2020 at 11:03 AM, king said:

Easy lads, 

Didn't know where to post this but seems fit to be in here. By nature I'm frontend, but I am interested in learning some Java. Predominantly JavaScript, ReactJS & Node at the moment with the obvious bits of HTML & SCSS.

Currently in second year. Doing c#, .NET and java right now with database modeling. Did html,css,javascript and python last year. Java I found was easiest to pick up since I just scripted bots for fun and learned a lot faster that way.

1 hour ago, FTWImCody said:

Never used it but can we be friends anyways? Haha..Also thought about looking into R as well

only cause ur GPA higher then mine 🙂

R is really nice, very strong statistical capabilities but only real reason i use it is cause its my internship's workplace preference. I think python is the way of the future and the stats on users jumping ship from R shows it lmfao.

28 minutes ago, Evade said:

Currently in second year. Doing c#, .NET and java right now with database modeling. Did html,css,javascript and python last year. Java I found was easiest to pick up since I just scripted bots for fun and learned a lot faster that way.

Honestly the dream of programming is strongly rooted in wanting to make RS bots. 

15 minutes ago, Tephra said:

R is really nice, very strong statistical capabilities but only real reason i use it is cause its my internship's workplace preference. I think python is the way of the future and the stats on users jumping ship from R shows it lmfao.

Yea I love Python, my workplace using a lot of Powershell but I automate tasks using Pythong mostly because cba to learn Powershell haha

spacer.png

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Tephra said:

Honestly the dream of programming is strongly rooted in wanting to make RS bots. 

True. I think if it wasn't for rs bots and being able to understand what's happening while interacting with certain things. Java would of probably been abit harder.

8 hours ago, Evade said:

True. I think if it wasn't for rs bots and being able to understand what's happening while interacting with certain things. Java would of probably been abit harder.

See this is why id like to look into it, alongside its many other benefits. 

4 hours ago, king said:

See this is why id like to look into it, alongside its many other benefits. 

Honestly besides basic tutorials on youtube and freecodecamp,org (great website I find used it to brush up on html and css). Dreambot has a good community that helps beginner scripters. They have a bunch of guides and videos on creating them and interacting with their api

On 6/12/2020 at 11:03 AM, king said:

Easy lads, 

Graduated college with a 3.76 overall, 3.93 in CS (my major). I worked for the largest financial data provider straight out of college, primarily working in Java and Python. I've now transitioned to Amazon, where I work as a full stack software engineer, working entirely in native AWS. Java for the backend, Typescript for our frontend and infrastructure, with React, etc. for the frameworks.

17 hours ago, Tephra said:

python and R are my most used. if you know what pandas are we can be friends. 

Python is my baby, used pandas a fair bit for some of the ML/DS work I've done in the past.

My team's recent release:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/1/21410089/amazon-music-twitch-integration-live-stream-notifications

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Jerbear said:

Graduated college with a 3.76 overall, 3.93 in CS (my major). I worked for the largest financial data provider straight out of college, primarily working in Java and Python. I've now transitioned to Amazon, where I work as a full stack software engineer, working entirely in native AWS. Java for the backend, Typescript for our frontend and infrastructure, with React, etc. for the frameworks.

Python is my baby, used pandas a fair bit for some of the ML/DS work I've done in the past.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/1/21410089/amazon-music-twitch-integration-live-stream-notifications

VERY NICE! Cool to see one of the developers for Amazon on a RSPS 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Jerbear said:

What type of solo projects have you worked on or did in college?

8 hours ago, Evade said:

What type of solo projects have you worked on or did in college?

I've written a couple of esoteric programming languages, developed a new algorithm for a type of ML model, wrote software for collecting LIDAR data from drones, and made a few small apps. My current side project is a way to automate testing of http endpoints so you can specify suites of tests and get back not only success metrics but also metrics around latency and load

spacer.png

On 12/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, Jerbear said:

super cool background! Im still in university but i cant wait to get out into the real world and start working with what Im learning about. focusing mainly on DS which is more of my passion but i not exactly sure where i will go after school. world is my oyster. 

On 12/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, Jerbear said:

That's seriously impressive, holy shit...

11 hours ago, Tephra said:

super cool background! Im still in university but i cant wait to get out into the real world and start working with what Im learning about. focusing mainly on DS which is more of my passion but i not exactly sure where i will go after school. world is my oyster. 

DS is super cool and highly competitive right now. I've been thinking of getting back into it in my spare time more.

11 hours ago, November said:

That's seriously impressive, holy shit...

Thanks 🙂 Just been extremely fortunate in my experience and passion

spacer.png