Remove Gambling. All it causes is issues.

Tanks

Not sure why gambling is in the game, all it causes is problems. Dicing/Gambling brings problems from all sides of the aisle from player count to eco holders. I don't think its very healthy in the long rung at all for a host to be able to literally sit at ::gamble all day and make absolute bank because the have unlimited funds then be able to manipulate street prices of items aswell as items in the TP. It just makes no sense, you are killing your own game. This is an OSRS based server, not ikov. Duel arena should be the only form of gambling in the game, and it be taxed. It is really the only fair way of gambling. With duel arena being taxed then you would no longer be able to stake items, therefore items retain value and harder for these hosts to be able to just sit in 1 spot and collect the eco. Don't even know if this would help the current state of the game and how much power/control sohan's cc has on the eco, but its atleast worth a try. 

Also lately I've heard talks of taxing the TP. This makes absolutely no sense. Yes I understand taxing it would make it harder for hosts to manipulate the eco and buy out items but at the same time you are killing merching as a whole for just any regular player? TP is literally grand exchange, why would you be getting taxed on buying and selling an item? If gambling wasn't in the game these hosts wouldn't be able to just sit there and keep raking in money. If anything dicing and fping should be taxed, they literally sit there and are taxed nothing while cleaning everyone off the server. 

I'd like to add half of these hosts have almost every tbow/ely and top tier item/pvm gear in the game and I'm sure a handful of them couldn't complete a single cox run, or tob, or inferno. It's just sad to literally see people sit in a spot and clean people all day long and then with their funds continue to benefit with merching and buying every tbow or ely etc on the game. Osrs is meant to be a grind and a game to actually play. 👍

+1

If you tax staking and the trading post, then people who lose there cash pile staking will bet their items on hosts, rather then pay tax to sell the items, then stake them lol. Saves time and money?

IDK what good gambling has done for Zaros so far other then cause a shit show

I don't think you understand the VAST majority of the money for the server comes from gambling, I think something needs to be done to balance the eco from Gambling, but removing Gambling all together is just not the right option. You are going in the right direction, just need to find the right way to solve it other than removing it all together 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

How will the server get nearly as many donations to be able to afford: Advertisement, hosting costs, websites, developer salaries, etc, without gambling being a factor?

These things cost a lot of money, and the only reason the server can run is due to donations. I can arguably say that gambling increases the donations for the server by a percentage of at least 50% and most likely much higher. This suggestion will never be approved.

Support, but it will never happen because more gambling = more money donated to the server. Honestly the entire host odds is bullshit when you think about it. I wish they just made it only duel arena and fp. Those are the fair games. Host odds are bad for the game and just feed these hosts who sit at gamble 24/7 doing nothing but clicking a dice and makes them so rich they don't even have to play the game at all to get a item they want. Host odds legit give them a 10% higher chance to win over the guy betting on them. 

Edited by Tbow

1 hour ago, H A R R Y said:

How will the server get nearly as many donations to be able to afford: Advertisement, hosting costs, websites, developer salaries, etc, without gambling being a factor?

These things cost a lot of money, and the only reason the server can run is due to donations. I can arguably say that gambling increases the donations for the server by a percentage of at least 50% and most likely much higher. This suggestion will never be approved.

idk about the percentages but I agree in a way. I have so many perspectives on this topic. 1, always being relevant, don't gamble anything you are not willing to lose. and 2, gambling is a big part of every rsps community within fp or host games. I understand both sides where people don't necessarily count gambling as "eco" AND how on the irl side, there tend to be a lot of whales (respectively) also a lot of the player base might have jobs and what not. 
However I think, 3, Gambling should definitely not be altered. Gambling within osrs communities have always had a consistent culture where there were mm's and eco deciding moments. It should be respected and left alone. Its a make it or break it community and everything has a risk to it just like gambling.

58 minutes ago, nunex said:

+1 

either remove the gambling or tax tf out of it.

It's ridiculous that for a normal player 5m is already difficult to get while for a host they get 5b in minutes. Makes no sense

Thats how gambling works. How else do World known Poker stars make millions within a game of poker irl? Little work High Pay High Risk. The reward is the sensation of winning and getting paid. Sometimes its just about the feeling of winning. Some dont care for it like how some dont care for smoking or collecting toe nails. Ijs.

Edited by Jak

When it comes to donations through gambling I don't think removing BJ or 55x2 hurts the donations, There can simply be a dice duel/flower poker system (like the duel arena) that can be taxed and fair, anyone who is a degenerate staking addict will continue to gamble as normal, just more chance they don't lose 10x to host odds and quit for good tbh

NO SUPPORT AT ALL! Gambling is huge part of the game and has big community behind it. Removing it would just make more players quit and brings in a lot of money to the server. To me it seems like you went gambling/fping and lost bank and now you are salty. 

4 minutes ago, November said:

No support / supportish.

I don't think it should be removed, I think it shouldn't be for players to host ( have an NPC host ) and it should be taxed.

This.

Majority of gp/wealth is in the pocket of a few select people, that refuses to play at even odds. Trying to stake/gamble 500m+ at even odds (fping or staking) is pretty much impossible at the moment, and it takes a long time to find somebody. If u want a gambling scene atleast make sure it’s healthy and not just 15 hosts hosting games that are at their favour.

11 hours ago, FTWImCody said:

I don't think you understand the VAST majority of the money for the server comes from gambling, I think something needs to be done to balance the eco from Gambling, but removing Gambling all together is just not the right option. You are going in the right direction, just need to find the right way to solve it other than removing it all together 😄

You realize staking is a form of gambling too? If staking was in the game instead of bullshit dicing then people would still donate for more once cleaned and keep repeating the cycle. Just like how osrs works. 

3 hours ago, BigBoiBets said:

are you crazy you lost in gambling and now you want they remove it from the game?

no support

loco guy

Nah I havn't lost any money its just sad to see this game go from the biggest launch ever to the biggest decline ever. Have fun gambling in a month with 300 players. 

1 hour ago, November said:

No support / supportish.

I don't think it should be removed, I think it shouldn't be for players to host ( have an NPC host ) and it should be taxed.

This would be a good alternative to hosts being able to host. All for a gambling NPC that accepts cash only and is taxed. What currently goes on in the gambling scene on Zaros is simply not it....

4 hours ago, Supra mk4 said:

NO SUPPORT AT ALL! Gambling is huge part of the game and has big community behind it. Removing it would just make more players quit and brings in a lot of money to the server. To me it seems like you went gambling/fping and lost bank and now you are salty. 

I haven't lost a single coin to you dumbass hosts. I'm just looking out for the long term of the game if you can read. Notice how osrs doesnt have gambling besides Dueal Arena which is actual 50/50 odds and taxed? I guess in a month when theres 400 people online you will see my point. 

11 hours ago, H A R R Y said:

Make an NPC host dice duels or 55x2. Not a CC ran by Sohan and his ranks hold 95% of the eco. If you dont see how unhealthy this is for the game then I truly dont know what to say. They literally sit there tax free with unlimited funds cleaning people every 5 mins. 

2 hours ago, BetZep said:

Gambling is a massive part of the game!

Yeah then how about they make gambling fair odds for all? Remove host cc's and limit it to an NPC hosting for dice duels or fp and tax it. No items allowed only cash. I understand you guy's like gambling but at the end of the day it kills the game. Who are you gonna be gambling in a month when hundreds quit and hosts own 95% of the eco?

20 minutes ago, Tanks said:

I haven't lost a single coin to you dumbass hosts. I'm just looking out for the long term of the game if you can read. Notice how osrs doesnt have gambling besides Dueal Arena which is actual 50/50 odds and taxed? I guess in a month when theres 400 people online you will see my point. 

You know that even staking is never 50/50 odds? To get 50/50 odds remove pid, attack styles etc etc. 

4 hours ago, BigBoiBets said:

are you crazy you lost in gambling and now you want they remove it from the game?

no support

loco guy

"Are you crazy you lost in gambling and now want it removed" "Loco guy" - Just proves my point furthermore these host's don't even play the game. Lmfao they could give two shits about the future of the game, as long as they keep cleaning people and selling gp.