2FA & Forums QoL

Dixie

Just wanted to provide feedback on a quick suggestion regarding forum quality of life.  

Due to various data leaks and an overall awareness of internet security, I use 2FA whenever I can. I registered yesterday and have accessed the forums on three different devices (My PC, laptop, and phone). I've noticed on all three devices that I have been prompted to enter my 2FA code on multiple occasions, despite having previously entered it. This becomes cumbersome as you have to pull phone out, access 2FA app, etc.  

I'd imagine adding a, "remember this device for 30 days" feature wouldn't be too difficult and is probably already coded into the forum?  

Thank you!  

Edited by Dixie

Bumping this in hope that it magnetizes the development team's attention. Very tedious having to look up your current 2FA code in order to access to the forum every time you come on, especially for active forum users like myself. Hope to see the option feature be implemented soon or once the game launches.

7 hours ago, Hexae said:

Admin CP > System > Two Factor Authentication > Settings > Authentication > check : Logging into the front-end from a known device + "Do not ask for 30 days"

You're welcome

The IPS 2FA isn't being used on the site. It would have to be added to the site directly.

1 minute ago, Dixie said:

Bump.  

• a. Posts that consist of a single word (e.g. "nice") will be considered spamming on the forums and a warning or infraction will be given per the staff's discretion. The exception to this rule are the boards (announcements, updates, suggestions, introductions, vouches, and spam).

• c. Bumping will be allowed on a topic (by the author) once every three (3) days. Bumping will not exempt you from rule 4.a.

• Careful to read the Forum Rules before bumping 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

23 hours ago, FTWImCody said:
  • a. Posts that consist of a single word (e.g. "nice") will be considered spamming on the forums and a warning or infraction will be given per the staff's discretion. The exception to this rule are the boards (announcements, updates, suggestions, introductions, vouches, and spam).

• c. Bumping will be allowed on a topic (by the author) once every three (3) days. Bumping will not exempt you from rule 4.a.

• Careful to read the Forum Rules before bumping 😄

Thanks, but I fail to see the issue here?  

a) this is within a section that is on the exception list  

c) I am the author and have not previously bumped before.  

I’m just trying to get this post seen as it’s beneficial for everyone and has literally zero downside! 🙂  
Goodness. The server isn’t even up yet and people are already wanting to play inspector gadget! Haha  

Edited by Dixie

10 hours ago, Atha said:

Great suggestion @Dixie and thanks for passing it up the chain @Setup.  As Spooky has essentially confirmed this will be added, can this be closed/archived? Just thinking as the game launches this section will be bombarded with suggestions! 🙂

Of course! Happy to help.  

Spooky confirmed he would write something up when he has time. As this isn’t a priority with the server release taking precedence, it would actually make more sense to do the opposite. If this is archived it’ll be forgotten about. Regardless, I think Setup + staff are more than competent to close and/or archive when they feel it is necessary to do so. 🙂  

Edited by Dixie

18 minutes ago, Dixie said:

Of course! Happy to help.  

Spooky confirmed he would write something up when he has time. As this isn’t a priority with the server release taking precedence, it would actually make more sense to do the opposite. If this is archived it’ll be forgotten about. Regardless, I think Setup + staff are more than competent to close and/or archive when they feel it is necessary to do so. No need for backseat moderation 🙂  

Regardless, I think Setup + staff are more than competent to remember what they state they’re going to implement to the game when they feel it is necessary to do so. 

Edited by Atha

4 minutes ago, Atha said:

Regardless, I think Setup + staff are more than competent to remember what they state they’re going to implement to the game when they feel it is necessary to do so. No need for backseat moderation 🙂 .

Thanks for your input!  

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic