Decrease price to imbue rings in Slayer reward shop

Chopstick

I can support this.

The time it takes to obtain the amount of slayer points required to imbue a single ring can be somewhat daunting, i would be all for supporting a slight decrease in the amount of points required.

leaned.png

16 hours ago, Isleview said:

Relative to BM price I just think they are fine with task streaks.

If you don't know, ironmen are not able to access the blood money shop so to compare it for their gamemode isn't really the best idea. From grinding on my eim with spending points only to get my slayer helm, slayer imbue, superiors, and broad fletching, I only have 1350 points leftover. Mind you that's from 1-91 slayer on 8x rates without turael boosting. 

I support this post and can give a few suggestions as to how this could be changed.

• Option 1: It's lowered in the amount of slayer points needed to imbue.
  • Option 2: The LMS idea that Chopstick provided earlier would be a nice incentive to reviving LMS, 30 or even 40 points per imbue would be nice.
  • Option 3: Possibly adding an iron only blood money shop, which allows irons to gain blood money from pvming / skilling within the wild, along with all other players. Shop could contain minuscule things, but one of the more important ones being the imbue scrolls.

1090717293_bunsig.png.78b45fd2e25c2d4363ceaf834cf8666a.png

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, Bunny said:

If you don't know, ironmen are not able to access the blood money shop so to compare it for their gamemode isn't really the best idea. From grinding on my eim with spending points only to get my slayer helm, slayer imbue, superiors, and broad fletching, I only have 1350 points leftover. Mind you that's from 1-91 slayer on 8x rates without turael boosting. 

I support this post and can give a few suggestions as to how this could be changed.

• Option 1: It's lowered in the amount of slayer points needed to imbue.
  • Option 2: The LMS idea that Chopstick provided earlier would be a nice incentive to reviving LMS, 30 or even 40 points per imbue would be nice.
  • Option 3: Possibly adding an iron only blood money shop, which allows irons to gain blood money from pvming / skilling within the wild, along with all other players. Shop could contain minuscule things, but one of the more important ones being the imbue scrolls.

I understand irons struggle and I see where you’re coming from.. LMS incentive would be nice too.  

Isleview_Pedo_Stache.gif

10 hours ago, Chopstick said:

Did you just ignore 90% of the post or..?

Yes, you're complaining over nothing. 

If you think imbuing rings is a grind you might as well pack it up and head out, this is a fraction of what you'll have to grind later. 

22 hours ago, Chopstick said:

Decrease the prices to imbue rings in slayer rewards shop OR replace all the rings with a ring imbuement scroll (similar to the scroll you use to imbue slayer helm or black mask) for a reasonable price of either 200 or 250. The difficult part should be OBTAINING the ring, not imbuing it. The prices are currently way too expensive as shown in the pic below. 

In OSRS it takes roughly over an hour (very afk) to imbue a berserker ring whereas to get 750 slayer points on Zaros it would probably take 10-12 hours of non stop slayer (disregarding awful tasks and skips).

Also those of you saying "boost for points using Turael", it shouldn't be intended for players to go out of there way and HAVE to go to Turael if they want to imbue rings.

Side suggestion: add imbuement scrolls to LMS shop for 30 points. LMS is usually quite dead as the rewards aren't great so it would be a good incentive for players to play LMS.

0c49779484bfa0fc9dae2c2c01101502.png

If you don't support please give a proper reason why it shouldn't be changed; don't just type "no support".

You can get 30,40,50 points per task. If it takes you 10-12 hours to get 750 then you are doing something wrong. 

2 hours ago, Meteorites said:

If you think imbuing rings is a grind you might as well pack it up and head out, this is a fraction of what you'll have to grind later. 

At 36m slayer xp so far on the fastest xp rates without boosting my tasks I'm nowhere near close to affording the several thousand points for ring imbues. That's nieve slayer with konar every 10th and skipping minimally. After factoring in irons buying slayer helm unlock, superior unlock, maybe some qol like garg smasher, boss tasks, shayzien armour to start shamans, cannon, black mask imbue, salve amulet, etc you may be at 60-70m xp before you can start affording several ring imbues. I don't think people are suggesting that it is a major grind to get that many points but we aren't talking about grinding zulrah or grinding a dwh. We're talking about a grind that in osrs takes a few hours max and on here takes longer. The grind should be going and killing the dks to get the rings, getting a zenyte and the crafting levels to make it into a suffering, grinding wildy bosses, not what is supposed to be the minimal task of imbuing it. 

Edited by Vesp

• 2 weeks later...

Update on progress. I'm nearing 70m slayer xp and I can afford to imbue 2 of my rings. It will likely take until 100m+ / 175-250 tasks of nieve/konar to be able to imbue the main 4 rings I want to imbue. Don't really know what more to say about how overpriced they are at current point costs. 

List of other slayer points I've spent on unlocks, items, etc. to point out how many points irons generally spend on necessary slayer equipment. Even assuming you buy your rune pouch, herb sack, and torso through the ::Store rather than saving points you still need around 2300+ points for the basic unlocks for slayer (helm/imbue/shamans/superiors/basilisks/cannon/salve/darklight/ibans/blocks) not counting the optional unlocks to work on more content (Jad/boss/bonecrusher/flail). 

-slayer helm (400)

-Tzhaar/Jad tasks (100)

-Lizardmen tasks (75)

-Superiors (150)

-Boss tasks (200)

-Basilisks (80)

-Cannon (300)

-Imbue scroll (200)

-Salve(ei) (250)

-Bonecrusher (100)

-Darklight (150)

-Ibans (110)

-Blisterwood flail (200)

-Blocks (600)

-Rune pouch (750)

Edited by Vesp

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, Meteorites said:

Imagine thinking this is a constructive discussion. Grow up if all you can say about a suggestion is 'might aswell pack it up and head out' wtf is with this childish attitude?