Cox

Alright you gambling addicts, get out here and face the light! Who else plays -or has played- Summoners War on Android or iOS? I can say personally that I started playing it in the end of 2015 because of a close friend of mine (who I now blame for this recurring addiction lol), and I've played on and off since then. I used to spend too much money in that game, and I'm pretty regretful of it, but now I've come back to it in a free-to-play spirit and I find I enjoy it much better when I'm not financially invested in it lol. I'm all for supporting games with donations/micro-transactions TO A POINT, but I was getting a little out of control when I started this game in 2015 and even 2016, so I'm interested to see if anyone else got hooked on this game or if you were lucky enough to miss out on it, good for you! ? Nah, of course I'm joking. It's a really fun game with a decent community/chat system, so I can understand why a lot of people who play it end up returning to it over and over again, just like Runescape actually. 

If anyone wants to add me on there, I play on Global server and my name is "FamilyJewels". I just returned to it after a long break though so I have no idea what I'm doing with all of the new updates and events, but I'm slowly learning the ropes all over again and really enjoying it! Hopefully at least a few of you play and you find this post. Cheers!

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

20 hours ago, king said:

Having a look at it now, anything you suggest I do at the start?

Tbh I'm just returning after a long hiatus and I'm figuring things out myself with the new updates and characters, but I see that they've included some helpful missions for beginners to follow in the "challenges" and also along the left side of the screen when you're on the main island (just at the top of the list of things that are on the left side). It looks like they offer decent rewards too ?

siggy.png

22 hours ago, Cox said:

Tbh I'm just returning after a long hiatus and I'm figuring things out myself with the new updates and characters, but I see that they've included some helpful missions for beginners to follow in the "challenges" and also along the left side of the screen when you're on the main island (just at the top of the list of things that are on the left side). It looks like they offer decent rewards too ?

@Josh used to play IMO: World of Magic, which that screenshot reminds me a little of 

18 hours ago, Setup said:

I used to play Summoner's War everyday since 2015. 

Reveal hidden contents

9Pf9fps.png?1

Oh dam I just saw this, wow we probably started within a month or two of each other lol! I know that a lot of long-time players steadily quit as things become stagnant so I can understand if you quit already

siggy.png

6 hours ago, Cox said:

Oh dam I just saw this, wow we probably started within a month or two of each other lol! I know that a lot of long-time players steadily quit as things become stagnant so I can understand if you quit already

I've been on and off for a couple years now. Once you reach a certain point in the game, things begin to get stale.

1 hour ago, Setup said:

I've been on and off for a couple years now. Once you reach a certain point in the game, things begin to get stale.

Ye, I can't tell you how many times I've made a new account just for the "fresh" feeling of the beginner grind, but inevitably it grinds to a halt when you're killing dragon or giants for 16 hours a day passively only to get 1 decent rune a week lmao, no thanks

siggy.png

On 6/15/2020 at 4:51 AM, Josh said:

Yeah and I made some serious money off IMO aswell hahahha

The black market for this game is crazy, I started getting heavily involved in it after I sold my G3 main last summer and made some decent coin flipping other double or triple LD accounts (latest one I sold was Yeonhong, Leona, Nigong, C3 RTA). Honestly it's a great way to make money off of the game if you don't enjoy playing it that much anymore but still have so much knowledge about what constitutes a good account.

I think the black market has kept people playing longer than they would have without it, just like I believe is the case for Runescape over the years. These games are much closer to businesses than hobbies ?

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

3 hours ago, Josh said:

It's the same developers aswell, Com2us. I made £1700 from IMO: The world of magic and then probably another £300 over time. The Devs don't stop it aswell because the games completely run people who spend £20,000 on an army of accounts and just control bosses and turn in for profit. One family is making 800m a month which 1m is $8-9. Pretty crazy

That's pretty nuts dude. The ways people think of making money in these games is nothing short of amazing lol

siggy.png