[Suggestion]Experience Rate

Italia

logo.png

Recently @David updated the FAQ thread to include the xp rate per mode chosen on login. Image of this can be seen below.

gamemodes.png

Honestly the experience rate for the regular game mode is ridiculously too high compared to any other rsps. I'm suggesting slashing it in half to either 100x or matching it out to 50x. The reason for this is because the Realism mode is already created at a 8x rate which would still leave a significant gap between the 100/50x to the 8x ratio.

Rsps should be a place to grind out a bit and not get 99 range in 15 minutes. I do understand that if someone wants the grind feel they should go for realism but people are already used to 50-80x servers. 200x is just an insane overkill which should have only been used for beta to speed things along.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Italia said:

Recently @David updated the FAQ thread to include the xp rate per mode chosen on login. Image of this can be seen below.

Honestly the experience rate for the regular game mode is ridiculously too high compared to any other rsps. I'm suggesting slashing it in half to either 100x or matching it out to 50x. The reason for this is because the Realism mode is already created at a 8x rate which would still leave a significant gap between the 100/50x to the 8x ratio.

Rsps should be a place to grind out a bit and not get 99 range in 15 minutes. I do understand that if someone wants the grind feel they should go for realism but people are already used to 50-80x servers. 200x is just an insane overkill which should have only been used for beta to speed things along.

I Agree it shouldn't be so easy to hit 99 I joined looking for a challenge and good grind if everyone could get 99 and all the stats plus high drop rates it would be no point.. 

Pretty much it would hold a lesser value then something you had to earn and work extremely hard to get.

10 hours ago, Setup said:

Support :kappa:

10 hours ago, FTWImCody said:

I agree it is definitely overkill...I think combat should be a little bit higher so maybe 75x combat and 50x non-combat 😛

10 hours ago, Locked said:

I agree, kind a bummed they're so high but I don't mind too much, but would be nice for lower.

9 hours ago, Pau said:

I Agree it shouldn't be so easy to hit 99 I joined looking for a challenge and good grind if everyone could get 99 and all the stats plus high drop rates it would be no point.. 

Pretty much it would hold a lesser value then something you had to earn and work extremely hard to get.

2 hours ago, Lore said:

Could add another couple game modes for example:

Casual - 100x Combat 50x Skills

Devoted - 50x Combat 25x Skills

I agree theres not much middle ground between Realist and 200x

Thanks for the opinions!

spacer.png

Honestly, x50 combat and x25 skilling is good enough for a casual player. I feel if people max too quickly, they may get bored.

I honestly believe that Normal mode should be as above and realism should be closer to x5 combat and x5 skilling. 

With both modes being reduced respectively once you hit 99. As an avid player looking for a grind, I do believe x200 is overkill even for a casual player.

@David

Edited by Childish

2 minutes ago, She said:

I'd say the majority of the server... Grinding is literally part of runescape. 

you just said it your self. runescape. if I wanted to grind runescape id play runescape not a private server.

Edited by Evade

2 hours ago, Evade said:

you just said it your self. runescape. if I wanted to grind runescape id play runescape not a private server.

And if you wanted to have everything day one, then you would play a spawnpk server 😛 This server is new and I am sure will have tons of people playing with current rates 😄

spacer.png

spacer.png

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic