Weird Xp rates

Krigeris

First of all my biggest complaint is that all of the xp rates change at level 99. Why would you do this? This just makes it super confusing to compare your total xp to an rs equivalent. It would be as simple as dividing the xp rate normally but you make all the rates change at 99 for no reason...making it take like 25 calculations to get a proper comparison to rs total xp. additionally you're making things more confusing for anyone planning to train stuff to 99 and then beyond as the gp/xp and resources required is going to abruptly change at 99, again for no discernable reason.

Edit: You said its to make the game last longer for higher rates, and now I totally understand the reason. I do think that lower rates don't need that, if thats the case.

Also another small complaint is that 8x is, a weird number? With 10x we'd get clean xp drops that are the exact same as osrs except with a 0 on the end, making it a lot more familiar. 8X sounds so random, like you had 10x originally and decided it was too high or something...

I'd much rather have a clean multiplier like 5x or 10x, cause the xp drops will look much better, rather than some random shit like 8x or 80x. Petty I know, but if I'm going to be staring at xp drops for months on end, I'd rather they looked nice and familiar I guess.

Edited by Krigeris

Some of the top servers for the last few years have held xp rates such as 8x, 6x, 4x, etc etc.

They drop the xp rate post 99 in order to make highscores more competitive.

Also, you may be the only person I know who does gp/xp calculations on rsps; other than maybe prayer.

I mean I'm not sitting there staring at tables on the wiki, its just simple mental math of ok a shark costs 600 gp and gives 2k xp, its going to cost me X for 200M xp. Most people who have played rs for any serious amount of time, or even p servers have used calculators to see how many actions they have left before they hit a goal...

16 minutes ago, Krigeris said:

I mean I'm not sitting there staring at tables on the wiki, its just simple mental math of ok a shark costs 600 gp and gives 2k xp, its going to cost me X for 200M xp. Most people who have played rs for any serious amount of time, or even p servers have used calculators to see how many actions they have left before they hit a goal...

So when you cook one shark, you'll get 10,500 xp at 50x. This will take 1243 sharks to get to 99. After 99, you will then get 5,250 xp. At that rate, the remaining xp from 99 to 200m xp would be 35,611 sharks. This took me approximately 2 minutes to figure this out. This is not a very difficult thing to do with simple math. You could probably calculate how much of everything you would need to get 200m in all skills in about an hour before the server releases if you are dedicated.

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic