PK Revival

QKX

I'm purely a PvMer but I can appreciate the risk-vs-reward system that PKing in the wilderness offers.
From what I have learned recently about this server from playing on it, and about OSRS, PKing population is an issue. On OSRS for example, this issue has led to nerfs and changes which some feel were undesired and still doesn't properly address the issue of dwindling PKer population.

From my view, there is a fundamental issue with the availability of PVP: Outside of some minigames and the wilderness there isn't really an opportunity for it as a choice of activity in most parts of the game. If you want to do it, you can go out of your way to participate, but it isn't convenient and isn't very rewarding for people who aren't in a clan.

My suggestion has four components - 

1.  Add an NPC to Edgeville that, when spoken to, will allow you to flag your player as attackable outside of the wilderness. Only players that have this flag ON are able to PK eachother. Players that have their attackable flag OFF will always remain off, and as normal, they will only be attackable if they enter the wilderness.
  2.  Add safe-zone flags to tiles surrounding the home area, bank areas in major cities. All players in these tiles have their attackable flag OFF until they leave the tiles. Players that have their attackable flag OFF will always remain off, and as normal, they will only be attackable if they enter the wilderness.
  3.  Add a small multiplier (1% to 3% more) to casket drop-rate that is only applied when your player has the attackable flag ON. 
  4.  Add an increased Bounty reward for killing targets that have their attackable flag ON.

The 3rd and 4th components are fluid and the suggestion would still work in principle if those last two were modified or replaced with some other kind of incentives.

Edited by QKX