Events after worst server release in history?

Red Helm

Title says it all.

What's the plan with the events then, for the last hour the entire iron cc has watched 400 people playing now whilst others still can't even download the client.

People have waited months for the release hanging around IKOV, Hyped for the first to max event. People have taken time off work and all sorts for what has to be described as nothing more than a disaster.

I can sympathize with you on the time wasted.

It would only be fair, considering the event, to at least square away whatever is going on with the server - and have folks just restart. I can't imagine there being much progress for those that managed to actually connect.

Whatever the outcome, kinda disappointing. 😕

5 minutes ago, Infidel said:

I can sympathize with you on the time wasted.

It would only be fair, considering the event, to at least square away whatever is going on with the server - and have folks just restart. I can't imagine there being much progress for those that managed to actually connect.

Whatever the outcome, kinda disappointing. 😕

Fact's It sucks i download the client 5 times and deleted alll my Java caches and downloaded the more updated Java.. Still getting Black screen..

Hopefully theirs's a reset 

Sucks that people took off work to play for the events, but that's not really the staff's problem. Work > play, but it does suck that the launch failed. Hopefully next week goes better and that they really do have an idea regarding what they can fix to ensure it's a smooth launch next Friday. I have my doubts since there's still going to be an ass-load of people trying to get on at one time and even if MOST get on, there's still going to be a big competitive disadvantage for those that can't and want to win one of the prizes. 

I guess you can't please everyone in the end!

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

17 hours ago, FTWImCody said:

Anybody that has made progress will be wiped for next weeks release, the staff are extremely sorry for the delayed release but some issues came up that were not testable via the beta testing.

Can you stop dude? Spamming the forums with posts like you're already a mod doesn't mean you'll become a mod. Its earned by being active and helping in useful ways.

• Like 2

I'm sure you as well as many others were excited for the launch day. All I can say is - there hasn't been this much hype behind a RSPS launch in quite some time. There's no way to "prepare" for thousands and thousands of people attempting to download and connect to your server for the FIRST time. It's trial and error. If you've waited months for this release, you can wait a bit more for them to sort the issues. 

9 minutes ago, FXT said:

I absolutely do not sympathize with people who took work off to play an RSPS. 

Why not? It's the biggest rsps release in history. If I had to work, I would have asked to stay home also. 

Nevertheless, things like this do happen. Even though it kinda sucks.

I have much appreciation for the staff team and I wish them the best of luck on fixing the problems.

And I can't wait for the release next week  the 4th of December.  (Or sooner if they accept my beta application) 😃

1 minute ago, Bor said:

Why not? It's the biggest rsps release in history. If I had to work, I would have asked to stay home also. 

I have much appreciation for the staff team and I wish them the best of luck on fixing the problems.

And I can't wait for the release next week  the 4th of December.  (Or sooner if they accept my beta application) 😃

Because it will always be real life responsibilities first no matter what.

If I found out my employee took days off because of a video game I would give them a warning.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bor said:

I barely sympathize with people who took time off of work to play OSRS leagues. I have no complaints about the staff team. All of my complaints are with the players and their childish behavior in the Discord yesterday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dripping said:

If I found out my employee took days off because of a video game I would give them a warning.

If you have vacation days left and you have to plan them in.

You can ask days off for anything you want and the reason why doesn't matter.

Even if it was to lay in your bed all day and do nothing. 

I'm not saying 1 day upfront I mean like the normal time upfront in ur company when people ask for vacation.

Edited by Bor
  • Like 1

Of course its going to upset everyone that release had gone so poorly. I completely sympathize with those who took time off work to play it. But, even when you do everything right, sometimes things dont always go according to plan. With how un foreseen this was; I think it was managed very well, we should at least give them that. We live on.

Taking a staycation is one thing, but taking time off of work to play an RSPS is another. In the first case, you would have other ways to spend your time off of work that would be fun, relaxing, whatever. Yes, it's the biggest RSPS launch in RSPS history, but what the heck is "RSPS history" in the grand scheme of your life. Knowing that all RSPS launches have problems should be enough of a hint to not plan to take time off from your actual life to play.

If it comes out next week and it's as smooth as they say it will be, count yourself lucky. If it's delayed again and your blood pressure spikes, then I think priorities need to be rearranged because like many others said before me: it's a game. Actually, it's essentially a fan-made game based on a game. Hopefully we'll see each other in-game Friday!

• Like 1

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

• Julia locked this topic