Forum Suggestions

Cox

First, let me start by saying I understand that the server, as a whole, is being worked on continuously and is not in its final state. My suggestions are NOT complaints, they are like a grocery list for things that may be planned already, but that have not been implemented yet. That being said...

1) I'd like to see some kind of tier system for activity on the forums. For example, bronze --> less than 10 posts, iron --> less than 25 posts, steel --> less than 50/75 posts, etc. However you choose to name it matters not. 

2) It would be nice to have some customization in the forums that are linked directly to your donator level. Whether it be custom titles, custom images for names, or unique borders for the profile, really any kind of customization that would get people more involved in the forums. 

3) Forum badges that you could earn maybe through weekend events, or in other ways that staff deems appropriate. 

4) Perhaps a separate "off-topic general" category for discussion of non-Zaros/gaming topics. It would also be nice if this were separate from spam since this category would be held by the same rules as the other non-spam categories. 

For now that's all I can think of and of course a lot of this could be planned already, and I acknowledge that. However, if they aren't planned then it's nice to get the ideas out into the air while there's still heavy development being done on the server to finalize it. That's what I believe anyway!

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

Suggestions are always useful. 

I like the idea of customisable banners around our forum profile pics depending on donator rank. 

Im sure badges and rewards will be added in the future and I'm down for that.

I agree I would like to see some prestigious system depending on rep and forum postal count to differentiate those more veteran players.

⚒️Beta Tester⚒️

1) IPS has a feature for post count ranks and will more than likely be added closer to release.

2) I’m sure when we are close to release, custom ranks will be created for each tier (related to a certain $ amount)

3) Using an application, called iAwards, users can be rewarded forum badges for certain accomplishments completed.

4) I think we currently have different off-topic categories already.

5 minutes ago, Setup said:

1) IPS has a feature for post count ranks and will more than likely be added closer to release.

2) I’m sure when we are close to release, custom ranks will be created for each tier (related to a certain $ amount)

3) Using an application, called iAwards, users can be rewarded forum badges for certain accomplishments completed.

4) I think we currently have different off-topic categories already.

We have off-topic specific categories already, you're right. We do not have an off-topic general chat which is seen in most forums where people talk about completely unrelated -but not spam- topics. This can range from help with homework to discussions on current world issues, and this has not yet been implemented on the forums, but I have a hope that it will be if more activity is seen closer to release.

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

8 minutes ago, Cox said:

We have off-topic specific categories already, you're right. We do not have an off-topic general chat which is seen in most forums where people talk about completely unrelated -but not spam- topics. This can range from help with homework to discussions on current world issues, and this has not yet been implemented on the forums, but I have a hope that it will be if more activity is seen closer to release.

https://forum.zaros.io/forum/42-spam/

19 minutes ago, Cox said:

?

11 minutes ago, Setup said:

Edited by Cox

siggy.png

2) It would be nice to have some customization in the forums that are linked directly to your donator level. Whether it be custom titles, custom images for names, or unique borders for the profile, really any kind of customization that would get people more involved in the forums.

I think this may look a little tacky. 

3) Forum badges that you could earn maybe through weekend events, or in other ways that staff deems appropriate. 

Think this would be great, tournament wins, pk kills at 1k ect, that would be fun, maybe an addition to someones profile rather than on the posts though, not a fan of a sythe-esque layout as imo its outdated.  

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic