New way to obtain full void?

RealCuteKitt

I have been grinding for a day to get my full void, but there is barely any new players trying to do pest control, and makes it very hard to obtain. I've spoken to a few people about this and some of them seem to agree with me that there should be a new way to obtain full void apart from pest control. I'm not good at having ideas so feel free to post suggestions, but what I personally thought was for it to be added to the slayer reward shop.

13 hours ago, Melchior said:

I don’t see the need to change pest control, as it is active when advertised much.

I disagree.
Having been at PC just over 2 hours now myself, it's been very difficult to sustain a 5 player count despite countless yells from myself and others, and asking in  CC for more to join.

As you stated above, buying it with donor tokens is a viable way, however there should be an alternative to this, and PC just isn't viable for the most part unless there's a bonus event running or a mass is organised, both of which are highly uncommon from my experience.

One of the best things about RS2 in my view was the conquest game you could play after doing korasi quest, only takes 2 people, it's a lot of fun and you get decent PC points.

Adding this, if possible would be a much more enjoyable way to gain void, and would only require 2 players; 

On 4/14/2021 at 5:30 PM, Melchior said:

I mean, you could always buy full void with donator points, if you dont wanna spend a couple of hours at pest control. You can buy a $25 scroll for about 60-65m gp.

I don’t see the need to change pest control, as it is active when advertised much.

I don't mind the grind, I've already spent 8h+ getting 400 points. its just the fact that 90% of that time is spent on the boat, waiting for people to join. Advertise all day in CC. The problem is that there is not enough influx of new players, so there is no way to keep a stream of games going. Either an alternative way to obtain it, or do something to fix the issue with finding games. It doesn't even feel grindy or challenging, more like a waste of time.

13 hours ago, GIM T0M said:

I disagree.
Having been at PC just over 2 hours now myself, it's been very difficult to sustain a 5 player count despite countless yells from myself and others, and asking in  CC for more to join.

As you stated above, buying it with donor tokens is a viable way, however there should be an alternative to this, and PC just isn't viable for the most part unless there's a bonus event running or a mass is organised, both of which are highly uncommon from my experience.

One of the best things about RS2 in my view was the conquest game you could play after doing korasi quest, only takes 2 people, it's a lot of fun and you get decent PC points.

Adding this, if possible would be a much more enjoyable way to gain void, and would only require 2 players; 

I think this idea would be amazing to intergrate into the server.

4 hours ago, Melchior said:

If the problem is the influx of new players, we shoudn’t be talking about other ways to obtain a void set. More so about ideas on bringing fresh meat to the server.

8+ hours for 400 points is insane though. Did you solo that? Becasue I’ve had my void elite within 4 hours of laid back pest control.

There is no way to solo, that is the issue here, its 8h+ because there is no one playing, thats how long it takes to find games.

It's not a lack of new players that's THE problem, it is one but not the main.

nobody wants to spend literal hours to grind for void, they'd either use tokens to buy it, or just forgo it all together, choosing to only do PC during an event, finding players for non-event games is neigh on impossible.

also, adding conquest would be a fine addition, it'd make PC more active in general, as a lot of players used to just camp that for hours at a time 'cos it was so much fun, and it's another possible reward shop to add some exciting things too, specific to just that store.

It'd also mean you could in theory use an alt to play yourself and get void without needing anybody elses help, although i'm sure more than a few would play it just 'cos the mode itself is such a blast

Grinding void from PC should be left as it is, but as a nice QOL it could be also added to the slayer reward store at a huge markup so that people can still obtain it even when there aren't any active PC games. However, to grind elite void would only be obtainable through playing PC to make it fair. This is the same reason that the barbarian outpost rewards are also in the slayer reward store since it wouldn't be feasible to actually have people grind out BO to get a fighters torso (or other less game-impacting BO items). 

TLDR; Leave PC as PC, but add new option to Slayer Rewards to also get normal void armor pieces.