Teleport to target

Alfa Rococo

I think this spell should be disabled as it make it so easy for pkers to find their target and it make it pretty bad for someone trying to do wildy slayer/keys/boss/ahiv/skilling or whatever

Why? Because the wilderness is so unactive that when you go in there almost always a pker that will tele to you (almost always the same ones)

This spell was designed for a game that has an active wilderness with a bunch of people, and in my opinion is not suitable for a private server with an inactive wilderness

My suggestion: Keep the target system, but disable the teleport spell, so you can still get a targ and know its approx position (wildy level) so the pker will have to work a bit to try and find the target instead of teleing to him instantly

ps: Don't tell me to skip them fast, that work if you're skilling or running around but doesn't work in combat

Thanks

5 hours ago, Alfa Rococo said:

I think this spell should be disabled as it make it so easy for pkers to find their target and it make it pretty bad for someone trying to do wildy slayer/keys/boss/ahiv/skilling or whatever

Why? Because the wilderness is so unactive that when you go in there almost always a pker that will tele to you (almost always the same ones)

This spell was designed for a game that has an active wilderness with a bunch of people, and in my opinion is not suitable for a private server with an inactive wilderness

My suggestion: Keep the target system, but disable the teleport spell, so you can still get a targ and know its approx position (wildy level) so the pker will have to work a bit to try and find the target instead of teleing to him instantly

ps: Don't tell me to skip them fast, that work if you're skilling or running around but doesn't work in combat

Thanks

Hey,

I get your point, but personally I do not agree.

The wilderness is not very active as it is and the teleport spell makes it somehow more attractive to players that are looking to get into pking. 
The spell has been adjusted though in last update so when the spell is casted the player will now teleport to certain amount of tiles away from the target instead of directly on it. This is a good balance update for it and I think it should stay like this at the moment.

- Living

I fully support this. It's always the same pk'ers telly'ing to you without you even having the chance to skip (especially when you are fighting in e.g. the revenant cave). The tele ability is absolutely ridiculous, considering you can be ambushed at all time. The argument that it is necessary because the wildy is inactive is totally invalid. Pk'ers who want to pk can just find each other, instead of fighting non-pk'ers. I get you always are at risk in the wildy and obviously is should always be that way, but the telly'ing ability is highly overpowered. The balance update where you don't telly upon the target, but a couple tiles next to it instead, is an absolute travesty; i have never encountered a pk'er who doesn't use some sort of freeze or entanglement spell, which just shoots over the tiles obviously. Pk'ers can always scour the wildy hotspots like the revenant cave, altars or kbd entrance. At least give people the ability to not become a target by temporarily disabling the target system, so non-pk'ers can enter the wildy without this ridiculous ambushing risk.

• 3 weeks later...