Background around Profile Picture

Diamond

image.png.a83be6d1b1b454cb67e1deeadaf06289.png

I would personally love like a shaded background depending on your dontator rank to go around your profile picture on the forums. I think it looks amazing and makes the forums seem a bit more appealing. So for example non donators would just be blank like the above, but normal donators would have  a nice red around the profile picture ect ect depending on your donator rank. 

Furthermore I think you should have a title which is default depending on the amount of rep you have. So instead of 'Members' if I had say 500-1000 Reputation it could say 'Rep God' then say after 1500 you could customise it. 

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by Diamond

⚒️Beta Tester⚒️

I like the concept but I believe they would only do that for Staff Members. I could be wrong though. As for the reputation, I'm not a big fan. I'd rather see you get like Bronze Armour, Dragon, Partyhats, etc. depending on your post count. 

3 hours ago, Skills said:

I like the concept but I believe they would only do that for Staff Members. I could be wrong though. As for the reputation, I'm not a big fan. I'd rather see you get like Bronze Armour, Dragon, Partyhats, etc. depending on your post count. 

10 hours ago, Diamond said:

image.png.a83be6d1b1b454cb67e1deeadaf06289.png

I would personally love like a shaded background depending on your dontator rank to go around your profile picture on the forums. I think it looks amazing and makes the forums seem a bit more appealing. So for example non donators would just be blank like the above, but normal donators would have  a nice red around the profile picture ect ect depending on your donator rank. 

Furthermore I think you should have a title which is default depending on the amount of rep you have. So instead of 'Members' if I had say 500-1000 Reputation it could say 'Rep God' then say after 1500 you could customise it. 

What are your thoughts? 

You both kind of have the same idea for the rep count with different ways of representing that count. I support either one as long as it acknowledges people who are more active on the forums and differentiates them from people who are not. Whether it's a symbol/badge, or a title that almost all forums have for increasing post count. I do like the idea of these partyhats, bronze armor, or whatever being used as badges to show your post count progress. Very cool idea!

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

This is something that could easily be done. I used a box-shadow to create a glow effect around the avatar. It could also be created using an image.

c7e05178a2552bc6c36decab605ffd83.png

box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 5px rgba(255,0,0,0.6);

Edited by Setup

On 6/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, Setup said:

This is something that could easily be done. I used a box-shadow to create a glow effect around the avatar. It could also be created using an image.

c7e05178a2552bc6c36decab605ffd83.png

box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px 5px rgba(255,0,0,0.6);

I actually quite like this, it isn't too much

6 hours ago, king said:

I actually quite like this, it isn't too much

Agreed, it's not too "out there" and definitely not tacky. Something nice, clean and simple like that would be perfect!

siggy.png

Scythes: 0                     T-bows: 0                     Purples: 0 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic