quality of life addition for gim

GIMKillagin

i have seen so many gims that had full teams now none of them play i have been in this situation 3 times now maybe to fix this issue you could implement a system that make group iron men/iron woman able to change teams once in the lifetime of the account bringing all lvls and and gear over because whats the point of have 10 groups in wich only one player plays
that and also i say with all items and lvls because they should not be penalized for the group not take a role in the grind and it would not effect players with established teams because why would they leave those teams and take gear from them

Isn't that just part of the gamemode? Shouldn't you just build a team with people you know are in it for the long run? How would you decide what gets taken from one group to be put onto another to be fair to the other members of the defunct group should they come back?

well i would say make sure the other players haven't been logged in for a while and then it wont matter to the other members because they don't play its hard to find people you can trust 

i know several people that stopped playing because there team pissed off on them infact i have been that way 3 times so far but i love the server i have someone that wants to join me be he cant because he doesn't want to start a new account because he is max and has donated i was also in that state i have $300 donated and i wanted to quit because i couldn't find good people its just not far most established teams have known each other for a very long time its not like it would really effect anyone no one that is with a team that plays a lot is just gunna leave to go to another team it would only effect the people that need a new team because the others on there team don't play and for the best i just don't see why its not a thing i could have joined established teams but i refuse to leave a $300 donated account 

Edited by GIMKillagin

you dont always get people you can trust to play with you thats not the way gim gos all the time clearly i have seen a lot of people that are the only ones in there 5 man group that still play it would be nice to have a failsafe there incase that happens i have had 3 full teams and im the only one that plays still gimkait is the only person i have gotten that maxed and played more then a week 

that's no at all what im saying no-one is going to leave an established team im saying for people that made accounts with people they thought they could trust to play with and got screwed over because none of them play they should be able to apply to another team that wants them its not going to effect anyone in a bad way what's the point of gim if you are the only one out of 5 teammates that plays oh wait there is no point because you are just an ironman at that point lmao

its a privet server you dont need to match what jagex did improve on there mistakes im just saying its not fare to the 70% of the accounts that are now just ironmen because there team dont play

Edited by GIMKillagin

• Global Moderator

I would say this is a good idea if the person joining the new group has there bank completely wiped when they do. It kinda defeats the whole purpose of a GIM otherwise.

21 hours ago, ZelX said:

I would say this is a good idea if the person joining the new group has there bank completely wiped when they do. It kinda defeats the whole purpose of a GIM otherwise.

I like this, because your 'big ticket' items can now be sacrificed at doomsayer. You should keep all other things that you've played or donated for, store credit, slayer points, untradeables etc. But i can see how this would be a alot of effort to implement. However, OSRS is going in this direction so it's only fair if Zaros does too. The combining of groups has other advantages such as using spells on eachother or trading supplies in raids etc. All these things a full gim team or regular players can do. Makes the playing field more even IMO.

17 hours ago, Kee said:

Id be open to it if it meant that you left all items in the gim bank except for untradeables. Its enough with people leaving GIM with others items as it is now.

The discord has pvm tracker that goes very far in the past. If people stole items from other gim members (just to join another team with those items) they should be rightfully returned (after a report). The pvm discord channel can be used to track to who the item belongs to. (you could used collection log but this won't work after one update, as after the update, the game logs every item in your bank as 'new' and so puts it in your collection log, even if you didn't get the drop yourself)

Edited by PS

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, PS said:

The discord has pvm tracker that goes very far in the past. If people stole items from other gim members (just to join another team with those items) they should be rightfully returned (after a report). The pvm discord channel can be used to track to who the item belongs to. (you could used collection log but this won't work after one update, as after the update, the game logs every item in your bank as 'new' and so puts it in your collection log, even if you didn't get the drop yourself)

I still think a gim should only retain it's stats, donor rank, doonslayer progression, townboard progression and quest completions when joining a new team. Argument can be made for donated items/untradables too. Doesn't make sense for a decked out gim to join a newly formed team and then feed the whole team with end game gear/supplies.

The payment for joining a new team should be giving up your entire bank. That's seems fair to me.

6 hours ago, PS said:

It would still require going back and searching for it, this also doesnt take into consideration dupes/things that goes into doom etc, which is why id only like this to be added kf only untradeables are brought over

Don't really see the issue if the people who group up after would count as an unofficial group, just like they're planning to do on OSRS. They'll still have all the same things as a regular GIM, except they won't be on the hiscores. I couldn't care either way if they were or weren't but it's the easiest way to do it without people complaining and still being able to play as a group without creating a completely new account if they wish. Kinda pointless to even group up after you've made an account if all you're going to keep is stats, might aswell just start fresh. Of course the smartest thing to do is group up with people you know well

Edited by Inferior

6 hours ago, ZelX said:

I still think a gim should only retain it's stats, donor rank, doonslayer progression, townboard progression and quest completions when joining a new team. Argument can be made for donated items/untradables too. Doesn't make sense for a decked out gim to join a newly formed team and then feed the whole team with end game gear/supplies.

The payment for joining a new team should be giving up your entire bank. That's seems fair to me.

Either way you do it, integrity is out the window. They sacrifice their bank and they can get fed by the new team. I don't really care what they decide to do, doesn't really effect me. My team doesn't quit, they just get banned!

Sincerely, 

Kala - Rank 1 GIM

• Global Moderator
8 hours ago, Zik My Zuk said:

also that deleting bank is such a dumb argument, do u delete ur bank when u leave a gim group currently? no lol

Not when leaving team. When joining a new one. 

8 hours ago, Skavid said:

Either way you do it, integrity is out the window. They sacrifice their bank and they can get fed by the new team. I don't really care what they decide to do, doesn't really effect me. My team doesn't quit, they just get banned!

Sincerely, 

Kala - Rank 1 GIM

Exactly! This is a delicate issue for people who have put in the time. Very well said. 

New GIMs that join an existing team can already be feed by the teams bank right now. So it would be a prevention for a decked out GIM joining a completely fresh group and boosting everyone illegitimately to end game much faster then normal. 

1 hour ago, ZelX said:

New GIMs that join an existing team can already be feed by the teams bank right now. So it would be a prevention for a decked out GIM joining a completely fresh group and boosting everyone illegitimately to end game much faster then normal. 

Doesn't matter, game is made to have fun. No-one actually gives a fuck if you have a scythe or tbow on your gim, especially on an rsps. Secondly, it's on OSRS. There's literally 0 harm in adding this besides a select few complaining about game integrity. At the end of the day, everyone plays to have fun. Let them have fun.

On 6/10/2022 at 12:14 AM, PS said:

I do like the pvm tracker, but say a gim has 3 members, the received a lot of bandos dupes preparing for nex, they dismantled some pieces, sold others for scrolls. Who's items would remain on the accounts given that they "consumed" some of them? I only say this because it really is a headache as it is currently with people claiming items are theirs or that the other gim gave it to them or w/e. I personally just see this as another step that will cause problems.

I also think that the new group would possibly have some items that you can now use, as well as hopefully having a few mates in it.

On the other hand point could be made that u can just drop over items, sell for scrolls for the new gim which would cause the same problem as I described before. Might have to take a bit and rethink