Leave Construction as Intended

SRS

First, I'd like to apologize to the people who want construction to be a cheap and easy skill to train. Unfortunately that is not at all what Construction is in OSRS, and that's not what the aim of it should be on a server that intends to be as close a replica to OSRS as possible. I do appreciate the frustration in seeing some players taking advantage of a cheaper method early on that should have never been available in the first place, and the frustration of it being patched in the middle of a race.

If your main concern with the molten glass method was it's affect on first-to-max competitions, I have some good news; Luckily it appears that it didn't have any affect on any of the races to max, as both of the Ironmen who were in competition for the Ironman prize used the method, and none of the players in contention for the remaining Ironman prizes have used it (apologies if it affected the UIM competition, I'm not 100% on that one).

Most importantly though, using planks can be just as efficient as the cost effective molten glass method was. I knew about the molten glass method, but I chose not to use it because I calculated planks being just as time efficient. Sure, it's going to cost a lot more GP, and at 8x xp rates you're going to need 15k+ logs, but luckily if you want to max your account you're able to get both of these out of the way while you train your other skills. Again, this is EXACTLY what construction is intended to be on OSRS, and other than having the early glitch method in the game, I don't see what the complaint about it is now. I can prove this, as I have all of the logs/planks/GP banked for 99 construction, and I've not even finished some skills that are able to generate GP. I simply trained the rest of my skills with the intention of leaving ~50m gp for 99 construction with Teak planks. 

I'm not sure what the end goal of this topic is, but I do believe this server has done a phenomenal job in balancing it's content. Sure there have been a few hiccups (blast furnace, ranging guild arrowtips, wall safes, molten glass construction, etc) but the best thing to do it iron out these lapses and move on. We're fortunate that they have not at all had a serious impact on the competitions being run.

I'm happy to answer any questions and respond to any debate on this issue. Let's discuss!

EDIT: Well my timing on this topic was just as good as the timing of my nap today, molten glass reverted lol. Have fun fellas.

Edited by SRS

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic