Blast Furnace Timer

10 4

Currently the timer at blast furnace appears to decrease by 2-3 seconds per tick. Thus you deposit 250k and the timer says you have 3+ hours of time, when in reality it is under 1 hour of time. I imagine that this is an intentional money sink and not a bug so I am posting this here. My suggestion is that you make the timer accurately represent the time you have left in the blast furnace. If you are going to make BF cost more per second as a money sink that is completely understandable, but there is no logic in my head behind not giving the true amount of time left.

Thanks,

10 4

54 minutes ago, November said:

It decreases when an action is made I think, other than that it should cost about 72k GP / HR.

That's incorrect. I deposited a 50k test, it said it would last 42 minutes. I stood there without performing any actions and it decreased at a rate nearly 5 mins on the timer per 1 minute of time. Which would be pretty close to my earlier stated rate of 2-3 seconds/per with each tick being 0.6 seconds. 

After 3 minutes the timer had decreased to a little under 27 minutes.  So 15 minutes of BF timer had gone in 3 minutes. That's a rate of nearly 360k/hr.

Edited by 10 4

3 minutes ago, 10 4 said:

That's incorrect. I deposited a 50k test, it said it would last 42 minutes. I stood there without performing any actions and it decreased at a rate nearly 5 mins on the timer per 1 minute of time. Which would be pretty close to my earlier stated rate of 2-3 seconds/per with each tick being 0.6 seconds. 

After 3 minutes the timer had decreased to a little under 27 minutes.  So 15 minutes of BF timer had gone in 3 minutes.

That's so odd, it's 72k GP / HR on osrs you would think it'd be the same if not a little less expensive.

I guess it's just a money sink, as far as it may look as excessive it'll be for the good of the server in the long run.

1 minute ago, November said:

That's so odd, it's 72k GP / HR on osrs you would think it'd be the same if not a little less expensive.

I guess it's just a money sink, as far as it may look as excessive it'll be for the good of the server in the long run.

Yeah you definitely didn't understand my post. I said it is a money sink and is appropriate. I'm simply suggesting they make the timer accurately represent the time you have left in the BF. 

• forum moderator logoJulia locked this topic