Runecrafting Complete Guide

LEON

Runecrafting - the art of binding runes until you realise it's the worst skill, well hopefully this guide helps!

Rune Pouches, although most people won't get them depending on game mode I'll show you how anyway!

Methods Covered

1-40 ZMI Altar

40-77 Astral

77-90 Blood Runes. (Can go to 99 with Bloods)

90-99 Soul Runes

Also added below how to obtain rune pouches if needed.

unknown.png

Grab some gear, proselyte, glory and dscim and dragon defender is fine! 

Be sure to bring some combat potions!

You can use better, I'm just using this as I sold everything for scrolls on my ironman 😄

Teleporting to Abyss

unknown.png

Once here, kill the minions abyss creatures.

unknown.png

I guess it's optional to bring ancient magics and just burst these guys

They do drop medium clue's for you irons but it's pretty rare.

unknown.png

I'm assuming that you can only get the pouches according to you're runecrafting level so I recommend doing this once you have at least medium-large unlocked.

Moving on to the training methods.

1- 40 ZMI

Grab an inventory of pure essence and head over to teleports.

unknown.png

You can also search 'Runecrafting'

When here run south

unknown.png

Climb down the ladder

unknown.png

Keep running south until the end of the course 😛

unknown.png

Finally click the altar to craft the runes, teleport back, bank and repeat and I'll meet you over at the astral teleport with an inventory of pure ess.

40-77 Astral Runes.

unknown.png

Teleport, Click the altar, bank and repeat to 77!

77-99 Blood Runes (Zeah)

Require a pickaxe and chisel.

Teleport when Ready

unknown.png

unknown.png

Run East

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Mine this rock until full inventory, When you have a full inventory teleport back to dark altar, use the altar.

unknown.png

When you have done this, you'll notice the blocks turn different colour, time to use the chisel on them!

Repeat until you have another inventory and let's craft those blood runes!

Starting at the altar you teleport to, run west.

or Optional to teleport to abyss and enter blood altar.

unknown.png

When you're at this part make sure to run south and right around to the altar!

unknown.png

When here, craft you're runes and chisel the extra blocks you enchanted at the altar

unknown.png

unknown.png

Soul Runes 90-99

Same Method as Above Once you have collected two inventory's of dark block, one already chiselled

Teleport to the Abyss.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Add these to you're favourites 

unknown.png

Enter the Soul Rune portal - Squeeze Through gap or distract eyes.

unknown.png

Enter the rift.

unknown.png

Finally run south and bind your runes

(Added this method thanks to a few people mentioning that this is a better alternative than doing bloods to 99, if you're an ironman you might consider it differently as you would use bloods more frequently and save on costs)

Edited by LEON

I would suggest doing Soul runes from 90-99. I've heard it's better exp per hour than Bloods. Overall good guide again! 🙂

Realism GIM Group: Boeie

IGN: CuziiMusic

Feel free to PM! 🙂 

Interested in my music? Latest work in progress here!

Spoiler

Happy Grinding Scapers!

1 hour ago, CuziiMusic said:

I would suggest doing Soul runes from 90-99. I've heard it's better exp per hour than Bloods. Overall good guide again! 🙂

They absolutely can be with teleporting to the abyss! But i completely agree with you a great guide

I think you put the wrong screenshot under blood runes. You put teleport to ourania altar but it’s dark altar and the images below those ones are at the dark altar. Also, definitely recommend you putting 90-99 soul runes as this is a much better method. Thanks for the guide though 🙂

Edited by Nicole

9 hours ago, CuziiMusic said:

8 hours ago, DrKelso said:

They absolutely can be with teleporting to the abyss! But i completely agree with you a great guide

7 hours ago, Nicole said:

I think you put the wrong screenshot under blood runes. You put teleport to ourania altar but it’s dark altar and the images below those ones are at the dark altar. Also, definitely recommend you putting 90-99 soul runes as this is a much better method. Thanks for the guide though 🙂

Thank you all for bringing this to my attention, I assumed bloods would be best to 99 and it might be for some ironmen depending if they need the blood runes to save on gp costs, but I have added this method, please have a look and tell me if it is fit, all changes have been made and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

2 minutes ago, LEON said:

Thank you all for bringing this to my attention, I assumed bloods would be best to 99 and it might be for some ironmen depending if they need the blood runes to save on gp costs, but I have added this method, please have a look and tell me if it is fit, all changes have been made and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Awesome! Definetly for iron man bloods can be usefull, altough I'm an Iron man myself and I hate Runecrafting so I rather get it over with fast. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for adding, really usefull!

Realism GIM Group: Boeie

IGN: CuziiMusic

Feel free to PM! 🙂 

Interested in my music? Latest work in progress here!

Spoiler

Happy Grinding Scapers!

31 minutes ago, LEON said:

Looks brilliant 🙂 thank you again for the guide!

• 3 weeks later...

Worth noting that daeyalt + zmi and daeyalt + astrals is a faster method. Rune pouches will drop, up to large, regardless of your rc level. Abyss tele for blood runes is the faster than walking (should be clarified, as it says optional). Possibly add a section for ToG and rune mysteries for early levels. Otherwise, great guide! Also, while blood runes are nice for irons, soul runes are also good for pvm (blood barrage) and drop less commonly from mobs.

Edited by Resting

14 minutes ago, Resting said:

Worth noting that daeyalt + zmi and daeyalt + astrals is a faster method. Rune pouches will drop, up to large, regardless of your rc level. Abyss tele for blood runes is the faster than walking (should be clarified, as it says optional). Possibly add a section for ToG and rune mysteries for early levels. Otherwise, great guide! Also, while blood runes are nice for irons, soul runes are also good for pvm (blood barrage) and drop less commonly from mobs.

Daeyalt is infact not faster as u have to mine the minerals before hand, so I will not be adding that as it is generally just a slower method, yes for the elite ironmen they can spend more time if they want sure/realists, for the pouches I was certain you needed the level to obtain them, if so I wouldn't even bother obtaining them until you had a level worth of using med/large pouch anyway. Rune Mysteries isn't really worth mentioning for me but feel free if you want to add that section for others and I'll credit you on it, Soul runes are far less expensive than bloods and require less per cast so overall I'd go for bloods.

But thanks resting for you're comments and I will definitely consider adding more in-depth information in my next guides to follow in the future.

Final note, you can alternatively enchant blocks and bank them, stockpile a ton then just do a bunch of crafting, this may be longer but more afk.

Edited by LEON

3 minutes ago, LEON said:

Daeyalt is infact not faster as u have to mine the minerals before hand, so I will not be adding that as it is generally just a slower method, yes for the elite ironmen they can spend more time if they want sure/realists, for the pouches I was certain you needed the level to obtain them, if so I wouldn't even bother obtaining them until you had a level worth of using med/large pouch anyway. Rune Mysteries isn't really worth mentioning for me but feel free if you want to add that section for others and I'll credit you on it, Soul runes are far less expensive than bloods and require less per cast so overall I'd go for bloods.

But thanks resting for you're comments and I will definitely consider adding more in-depth information in my next guides to follow in the future.

Final note, you can alternatively enchant blocks and bank them, stockpile a ton then just do a bunch of crafting, this may be longer but more afk.

Yup, you're correct on bloods being more expensive and such, however the availability of them from pvm tends to be less favorable. I have 25k deaths and bloods from doing barrows and pvm, and far less soul runes. Was just a personal opinion, that the exp rates outweighs the cost. Daeyalt essence is in fact faster if you have no essence to start with. At lower rcing levels it is presumable that one does not have enough essence to get to 77 rc, and just thought I should mention it. At level 50 or so rcing I received all the pouches, so it is possible to get them all. It is less efficient to make two trips to the abyss than it is to make one.

1 minute ago, Resting said:

Yup, you're correct on bloods being more expensive and such, however the availability of them from pvm tends to be less favorable. I have 25k deaths and bloods from doing barrows and pvm, and far less soul runes. Was just a personal opinion, that the exp rates outweighs the cost. Daeyalt essence is in fact faster if you have no essence to start with. At lower rcing levels it is presumable that one does not have enough essence to get to 77 rc, and just thought I should mention it. At level 50 or so rcing I received all the pouches, so it is possible to get them all. It is less efficient to make two trips to the abyss than it is to make one.

Ali store sells soul runes in 1k stacks, soul runes aren't a problem for me as an end-game ironman, Zalcano is great for pure essence aswell as other bosses like Zulrah, raids etc, yes not many players can do them straight off the start but why would you runecraft straight away when you can buy 20k+ runes of blood/soul/death in an hour or so from ali in al-kharid.

5 minutes ago, LEON said:

Ali store sells soul runes in 1k stacks, soul runes aren't a problem for me as an end-game ironman, Zalcano is great for pure essence aswell as other bosses like Zulrah, raids etc, yes not many players can do them straight off the start but why would you runecraft straight away when you can buy 20k+ runes of blood/soul/death in an hour or so from ali in al-kharid.

I'm not disagreeing with your blood rune argument, it is a feasible method. I was just stating the benefits for the other side, if you really wanted to spend a couple more hours on rcing for a bit more blood runes, it's your call. That's the beauty of the game. I haven't run into much trouble with money or buying blood runes, so I personally preferred the soul rune route. Newer players may not have the capital or skills to just straight up buy/farm the runes, so I thought adding a daeyalt portion would be beneficial. Also, not everyone plays osrs for pvming. Skillers also exist in the game, and realists might find the daeyalt method more accessible due to the sheer amount of essence needed. Just thought I would mention it in case you felt like expanding your guide.