Turn off collection log completions

UIM Ramsey

This has been a very annoying and bugged feature in the game that has sat there and not been changed when all that needs to be done is fix text in the yell.. 

This is the exact reason people feel this server is completely neglected and poorly owned. Before you guys know it the server is going to die because of things like this.

1 hour ago, UIM Ramsey said:

This has been a very annoying and bugged feature in the game that has sat there and not been changed when all that needs to be done is fix text in the yell.. 

This is the exact reason people feel this server is completely neglected and poorly owned. Before you guys know it the server is going to die because of things like this.

What's broken about it?

1 hour ago, Konar said:

What's broken about it?

"Temple Trekking" has been completed, "Rogues den" has been completed.. 

Nobody on the server cares if someone finishes a skilling outfit in the first place, especially when the announcement is clearly bugged and has been bugged for a month+. 

This is nothing but a simple text switch to the coding to make a small difference in a server. This is just pure laziness and lack of care for the player base and growth of the server.

1 minute ago, UIM Ramsey said:

Nobody on the server cares if someone finishes a skilling outfit in the first place, especially when the announcement is clearly bugged and has been bugged for a month+. 

This is nothing but a simple text switch to the coding to make a small difference in a server. This is just pure laziness and lack of care for the player base and growth of the server.

Yeah, we're probably going to remove skilling outfits from being announced

• Developer
On 3/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, UIM Ramsey said:

I will be changing how this announcement works for the coming update, but what is bugged about the announcement? The server has not been updated since it was released so there's no possible way it could have been changed regardless if we wanted to or not.

Edited by Hope

On 3/26/2021 at 9:57 AM, Hope said:

I will be changing how this announcement works for the coming update, but what is bugged about the announcement? The server has not been updated since it was released so there's no possible way it could have been changed regardless if we wanted to or not.

Maybe I am a bit ignorant to the whole updating process of the game but I don't understand your comment about the server not having updates since release. 

The announcement said whenever someone finished a skilling outfit that they had finished a collection log for some random minigame (Temple Trekking, Rogues Den) that no one does. It was left like this and constantly seeing a blatant bug in the chat box for months makes it seem that the server is neglected and is very frustrating to people like myself that love the server. 

Edited by UIM Ramsey

• Developer
5 minutes ago, UIM Ramsey said:

Maybe I am a bit ignorant to the whole updating process of the game but I don't understand your comment about the server not having updates since release. 

The announcement said whenever someone finished a skilling outfit that they had finished a collection log for some random minigame (Temple Trekking, Rogues Den) that no one does. It was left like this and constantly seeing a blatant bug in the chat box for months makes it seem that the server is neglected and is very frustrating to people like myself that love the server. 

I meant the server has not been updated since the collection log category announcement was released, so until the update that took place a few days ago there was no opportunity to change it (it wasn't "left" nor was it a "bug").The feature has since been changed in the March 27th update.

Edited by Hope

• developer logoHope locked this topic